Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9825 9826 [9827] 9828 9829 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12996685 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #147390 on: September 23, 2019, 08:37:47 pm »

I fucking hate carpet.
How tf am I supposed to lie on this floor without getting bits of fabric in my hair??
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147391 on: September 23, 2019, 08:41:31 pm »

Is it a shag carpet or something? I don't think most carpets shed fibres in a way or amount that you'd get annoyed with fibres in your hair.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #147392 on: September 24, 2019, 12:22:21 am »

Legendary Mechanic
There were four races of humans on Aquamarine: black, white, yellow, and shanu.
what are you doing

so far there's no explanation, either

it's just three colors and a shanu, can you believe that they write this shit  three colors and a shanu stupid people...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #147393 on: September 24, 2019, 02:49:22 am »

I didn't realize until I started transcribing videos, but people very rarely finish sentences when speaking. They just go on and on and on and on and on without taking a breath, huge run-on sentences that would have gotten me an F in middle school.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #147394 on: September 24, 2019, 03:05:38 am »

Shanu, the colour of magic
Love, scriver~

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147395 on: September 24, 2019, 10:05:26 am »

Eh. It was only a matter of time until someone thought 'oh hey netflix for games'.

I'm more wondering about how the developers will make money off it.
charging 4.99 per hour of gameplay or something. With ads

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #147396 on: September 24, 2019, 10:13:45 am »

Nah it's kinda worse than Netflix. It'd be like paying a sub for Netflix and then having to pay to be able to watch every single thing individually, of course you'd get to keep said shows and movies as 'yours' until the service inevitably went kaput, in which case you'd be shit outta luck, money and games you gave that money away for.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #147397 on: September 24, 2019, 10:44:27 am »

So there's an officially sponsored KFC themed visual novel.
Like what.
What.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147398 on: September 24, 2019, 10:49:45 am »

Any dating sim that has "finger lickin good" in the name should be given extra scrutiny.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147399 on: September 24, 2019, 11:52:59 am »

"So tell me... what would you like?"
"I'll take the two legs, two thighs, two breasts... extra spicy."
"That'll be the BIG box, for only $21.99; would you like honey or butter?"
"BOTH!"
Will that complete your order?"
"YES! YES!"
"Just stick your... credit card into my slot, and just wait right there."
*Profuse sweating in anticipation*

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147400 on: September 24, 2019, 12:34:58 pm »

Dating sims where one did not expect to find dating sims is something of a trend these days, in fact.

This one is about Asexual space clones. Though it does make more sense than KFC, to be sure.

https://www.pcgamer.com/love-thyselfa-horatio-story-is-an-endless-space-2-dating-sim/
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147401 on: September 24, 2019, 02:01:31 pm »

Nah it's kinda worse than Netflix. It'd be like paying a sub for Netflix and then having to pay to be able to watch every single thing individually, of course you'd get to keep said shows and movies as 'yours' until the service inevitably went kaput, in which case you'd be shit outta luck, money and games you gave that money away for.

And also they're a planned upgrade scheme to get the new stuff every ~5 years.

Any dating sim that has "finger lickin good" in the name should be given extra scrutiny.

It's been long enough that I can't find the source, but I've seen discussion about "greasy lube" and "bone-in thighs."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147402 on: September 26, 2019, 02:59:38 am »

Yesterday was an odd day.
Spent most of it in transit, from the scrambling panic of the morning to the crushing stress of the airport experience. Crammed some overdue library books in my carry-on as an afterthought which probably put it over the weight limit, but I got away with it which was nice.
Had a bizarre stopover (on a domestic flight!) in Sydney of all places, and witnessed firsthand the madness of Sydney airport. Once you got used to its seemingly non-euclidean layout it was actually rather nice, I even got a beer with my food at this li'l sushi place with a rather cool, neon-lit aesthetic.

Then, after another flight, seated this time in an exit row which made craning forward to eat my food rather a challenge (also I had seat-neighbours this time, whereas on the first flight I had a row to myself), I made it at last back to Melbourne - only for the vague unpleasantness that had been brewing away in my gut for the past while to require an urgent deposit in a (thankfully quite clean) airport dunny before I could begin the subsequent trek to home proper.

Then, after I had finally made it home, been reunited with my housemates (one of whom had to bravely clean the filth-pit that was my room when an unexpected house inspection occurred whilst I was away, awkward) and showered them (lightly) with gifts, I found my asthma playing up, not for the first time that day.

I don't know if Murphy was an asthmatic or what, but it seems to me that my asthma always jumps at the chance to fuck me over at the worst possible times - after I've left my inhaler in another state, for instance.
After a few hours of trying and trying to get the attack under control through various positions and breathing exercises, I finally came to the conclusion that making the trek to the nearest 24-hour pharmacy (a couple of kilometers away) would still be less arduous than sitting awake and uncomfortable all night.

So I set off, trudging my wheezy way along through the dark of night at around 1 or 2 in the morning. At least it is nowhere cold as I was expecting it to be down here.
So, after a rather unpleasant walk, I finally made it to the shopping centre where the internet told me I'd find relief, only to discover the store was inside said shopping centre - which was locked up tight.

I was not the only presumably sick person who showed up there at that time around the center. At first I suspected these two groups of other folks were loitering troublemakers likely to jump my semi-incapacitated self at any moment, but before long (as I wandered the outside of this dingy suburban mall hoping to find an entrance still open) it occurred to me that they were there for the same reason as I.

To make a long story short, I was in the process of giving into despair and heading back when I heard voices. Turns out one of the other groups of med-seekers had happened across a security guard or janitor, who they entreated to let them in.
I quickly stepped forward, mumbled something about the chemist, and he let me in as well.

So we get inside, wander through the darkened expanse of the shopping center and sure enough, there's the pharmacy, brightly lit despite half its doors being closed.
They were open for business despite the premises they were located in being locked up tight. Is it just me or is that pretty dang weird?

Anyway, I grabbed what I was getting, shoved a blast of sweet, sweet functionality through my airways and left. The walk home was far more pleasant than the trip there.

In other WTF news, today I went to the post office to pick up a couple of parcels my housemates gave me the collection cards for, only to learn that those chucklefucks (the postal workers, not my housemates) had sent them back. Already. I was only away for a month.
What the fuck. At least one of those deliveries (they didn't actually tell me what they were or who sent them) was from overseas, too. Now I have a huge hassle ahead of me, trying to work out which parcels they were and organising to get them sent again. Once I do, I'm gonna march back into that post office and demand that the useless cunts front up whatever additional shipping costs I get hit with as a result.

I guess if one wants to actually receive their mail in this country they're better off paying extra to have it sent by DHL or FedEx or some shit. ::)
No wonder Australia Post is perpetually going out of business.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #147403 on: September 26, 2019, 05:30:58 am »

I expected this lecture on machine learning to be boring. I did not expect it to be like watching a child try to explain calculus. PSA: you need to be at least this mathematical to ride the neural network.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147404 on: September 26, 2019, 06:31:12 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 11:22:30 am by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 9825 9826 [9827] 9828 9829 ... 10973