Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9874 9875 [9876] 9877 9878 ... 10056

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 6719688 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead Postocalypse lies dreaming.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #148125 on: October 25, 2019, 01:34:20 pm »

God is probably some kind of a Cthulhu. Calling it now.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr Harr Fiddldy Dee
    • View Profile
« Reply #148126 on: October 25, 2019, 01:43:00 pm »

old testament god was a boss.

He'd punch cthulu in the squidhole.  with a flaming wheel made of flaming swords that home in on you
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148127 on: October 25, 2019, 02:24:55 pm »

Ahh shit God's bringing out the Ophanim again.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148128 on: October 25, 2019, 02:35:22 pm »

But... Aren't those the Chayot? Ophanim are the burning wheels.

And then there's the Seraphim! Don't look at their feet!

And just because God is God, doesn't mean you should help him...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Mechanist Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #148129 on: October 25, 2019, 02:48:35 pm »

Might does not make right.
None of it mattered, in the end. Only the ceramic, and the tears made it through. No more life, no more joy, no more love. You hold it in your heart and your eyes fill with tears and that's all the really matters here.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #148130 on: October 25, 2019, 02:50:04 pm »

Might does make credible threats, though, and may... write the history books.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • Never stabs friends, promise!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148131 on: October 25, 2019, 02:53:32 pm »

The mighty also tend to control access to everything worth having or necessary for survival, to boot.
"THEN CAME TOBNOM, ASS-GOD".
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • perpetually lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #148132 on: October 25, 2019, 02:58:20 pm »

So, my shrink prescribed me aripiprazole because the last antipsychotic felt like I was killing myself with each dose. Long story short, I took it last night and now I'm here, awake at 4 in the fucking morning. She told me to take it for at least two nights. Given the whole insomnia thing, I'm really hesitant to try it again. What do?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148133 on: October 25, 2019, 03:04:46 pm »

Take it in the morning instead of at night, and tell your doc?

Unless you're taking them for sleep, in which case don't take them at all and immediately tell your doc?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Mechanist Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #148134 on: October 25, 2019, 03:08:29 pm »

So, my shrink prescribed me aripiprazole because the last antipsychotic felt like I was killing myself with each dose. Long story short, I took it last night and now I'm here, awake at 4 in the fucking morning. She told me to take it for at least two nights. Given the whole insomnia thing, I'm really hesitant to try it again. What do?

Take it one more time in case it was a fluke. If it happens again, stop taking it and talk to your doctor about it.
None of it mattered, in the end. Only the ceramic, and the tears made it through. No more life, no more joy, no more love. You hold it in your heart and your eyes fill with tears and that's all the really matters here.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead Postocalypse lies dreaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148135 on: October 25, 2019, 03:10:45 pm »

Take it one more time in case it was a fluke. If it happens again, stop taking it and talk to your doctor about it.

Since it's just insomnia, that sounds valid. No reason to think it's the medication unless the effects are replicated. You could just be having trouble sleeping.

My old man did that once, though. Took a painkiller and an anti-inflammatory and started turning purple. So he took one more painkiller to see if it was the painkiller or the other.

Turns out he's allergic to codeine-related painkillers. We were very cross with him.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 03:22:18 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Mechanist Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #148136 on: October 25, 2019, 03:12:58 pm »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • Make birds speedrun again (he/him)
    • View Profile
« Reply #148137 on: October 25, 2019, 04:43:14 pm »

Since it's just insomnia, that sounds valid. No reason to think it's the medication unless the effects are replicated. You could just be having trouble sleeping.

My old man did that once, though. Took a painkiller and an anti-inflammatory and started turning purple. So he took one more painkiller to see if it was the painkiller or the other.

Turns out he's allergic to codeine-related painkillers. We were very cross with him.
When I started taking antidepressants, I went a little bit manic. Check with your medic if the insomnia persists.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Does a Laconian believe they descend from Achilles? Does an anon believe a greentext happened? Does a child believe in air? We choose the fake news we want. The eternal memri.tv

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr Harr Fiddldy Dee
    • View Profile
« Reply #148138 on: October 25, 2019, 10:41:19 pm »

So recent events have caused me to realize that one of my . . . not fears but maybe anxieties? is digit torture.  Losing nails, breaking bones in fingers, losing tips, papercuts under nails, etc.  Makes me incredibly uncomfortable.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148139 on: October 25, 2019, 10:48:16 pm »

I don’t know if we have a “weird things you noticed” thread, but I have noticed that the left side of my clavicle feels different than the right side, like there is a dent or a bend. It doesn’t hurt or anything, just a weird thing I noticed
Pages: 1 ... 9874 9875 [9876] 9877 9878 ... 10056