Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9834 9835 [9836] 9837 9838 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12995804 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #147525 on: September 30, 2019, 08:10:08 pm »

I was just reading that silicon valley start up "Wag", which is an app for dog walking (e.g. a pet minding Uber), raised $300 million in investor capital then somehow everything went wrong.

Seriously, I'm going to move to San Francisco and launch "Toe" an app that tells you when to cut your toenails and it requires a subscription plus an exclusive referral so that only the elite are allowed in, and see how much venture capital I can raise.
Good luck with that. Are you trying to make fun of the rich, actually gain venture capital, or both?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #147526 on: September 30, 2019, 08:14:04 pm »

I think he's not serious, despite saying "seriously".

At least, I've assumed so far that Reelya is male. His profile doesn't say. The other part I'm pretty certain of.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #147527 on: September 30, 2019, 08:26:56 pm »

Ive always thought of reelya as a she.  I dont think its ever been relevant.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #147528 on: September 30, 2019, 08:55:17 pm »

ive always thought of reelya as an 8mm tape reel
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147529 on: September 30, 2019, 11:27:44 pm »

I went a couple blocks or so out of my way to what google maps told me was the nearest park, in the hopes of finding a pleasant spot to sit in the sun and eat the pie I had just purchased.

I finally get there, through a bunch of secluded residential streets and even a tiny lane way, only for it to be filled with small children running about, shouting and screaming and noisily kicking aerodynamic sports objects.
Argh. That kinda shit should be illegal to do in a park.

Ended up having to walk all the way back and sit on this bench outside the 'council chambers', perpendicular to the street, which was the best I could do.
At least it's not one of the few other benches around here, which are invariably right on the main road (or next to bus stops) and generally facingtowards the footpath for some reason.
Whoever planned this suburb kinda fucked up this aspect.
Or who knows, perhaps they did a great job and later generations of fuckwits removed all the well-situated seating.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147530 on: September 30, 2019, 11:43:27 pm »

ive always thought of reelya as an 8mm tape reel

of the entirety of Encyclopedia Britannica, that once was left too close to an internet router in some nerd’s cellar, and hasn’t been moved since.

That’s my working theory anyway.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147531 on: October 01, 2019, 12:52:15 am »

That's mean, I'm nothing like Brittanica. More like Urban Dictionary that's been Google translated into Japanese then back into English.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #147532 on: October 01, 2019, 02:18:40 am »

Steam has yeeted off the last bits of content standards, and is now selling literal desktop strippers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 02:49:09 am by CABL »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #147533 on: October 01, 2019, 02:46:36 am »

That's getting rid of (is that what "yeeting" is supposed to mean - I can't keep up with this newfangled moonspeak, now get me a lawn to chase kids off of) content standards, not Quality Control. It would only be getting rid of quality control if the desktop stripper is packaged with malware or doesn't load properly.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147534 on: October 01, 2019, 02:50:14 am »

That's getting rid of (is that what "yeeting" is supposed to mean - I can't keep up with this newfangled moonspeak, now get me a lawn to chase kids off of) content standards, not Quality Control. It would only be getting rid of quality control if the desktop stripper is packaged with malware or doesn't load properly.

Okay, fixed. Also, "Yeet" is pretty versatile, but yeah, "getting rid off/throwing away" is the usual meaning.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147535 on: October 01, 2019, 03:34:32 am »

I mean, are the graphics any good, or is this gonna be some uncanny valley shit horrifying enough to turn one off the female form forever?
Booze is Life for Yoink

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #147536 on: October 01, 2019, 04:16:18 am »

I feel like she is supposed to hearken to Jessica Rabbit.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147537 on: October 01, 2019, 04:46:17 am »

I mean, are the graphics any good, or is this gonna be some uncanny valley shit horrifying enough to turn one off the female form forever?

I'm not gonna click on it, because I share my steam acc with my mom, and I don't want... "interesting conversations" to occur when the Steam recs get flooded with tit games. Still, I've took some screenshots from the game's sidebar.

Spoiler: Plastic ahead (click to show/hide)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147538 on: October 01, 2019, 05:00:54 am »

Wow, that really is awful! I think you were right the first time, Steam's quality control must have gone out the window too.
Just kidding, Steam doesn't have quality control.

I feel bad for whatever budding incels actually pay for that. Couldn't they just download Second Life or some such nonsense?
Booze is Life for Yoink

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #147539 on: October 01, 2019, 05:15:12 am »

you wouldn't download a stripper
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 9834 9835 [9836] 9837 9838 ... 10973