Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9836 9837 [9838] 9839 9840 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13001012 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #147555 on: October 01, 2019, 05:01:11 pm »

My old car's back doors used to freeze overnight, so that that latches would be stuck.  On colder days the door could be yanked open but then would be stuck in the open position until i warmed up the car.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147556 on: October 01, 2019, 07:53:44 pm »

I'LL SHOW YOU WHAT'S WHAT
What is this in response to?
Aww, I had hoped someone would get the reference and explain by the time I woke up. Oh well, here.

In my own WTF, somewhat related: WTF happened to LMGTFY? I remember it being so much less, well... shit.
Is there a "classic" version floating about somewhere?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147557 on: October 01, 2019, 07:59:59 pm »

I'LL SHOW YOU WHAT'S WHAT
What is this in response to?
Aww, I had hoped someone would get the reference and explain by the time I woke up. Oh well, here.

In my own WTF, somewhat related: WTF happened to LMGTFY? I remember it being so much less, well... shit.
Is there a "classic" version floating about somewhere?
Thank you for the reference. I’ve never heard of this before, to your WTF, I haven’t seen this anagram before so I’m going to guess what it means. Does it mean Let Me Get That For You? If so, I’ve not seen them and can’t answer your question, if not, I don’t know what it is referring to and still am unable to answer the question, however I can try, if it is a meme of some sort, try searching for “original LMGTFY”

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147558 on: October 01, 2019, 08:04:15 pm »

Nah it's the site I linked, "Let me Google that for you".
The design's changed a lot since I last used it, back in the day the page was laid out like a mock-Google, just with the words "let me" and "that for you" scrawled in either side of it.

Maybe Google finally decided they didn't approve of this? :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147559 on: October 01, 2019, 08:05:28 pm »

Nah it's the site I linked, "Let me Google that for you".
The design's changed a lot since I last used it, back in the day the page was laid out like a mock-Google, just with the words "let me" and "that for you" scrawled in either side of it.

Maybe Google finally decided they didn't approve of this? :(
Possibly. I need to pay attention to site names more often than I do

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #147560 on: October 01, 2019, 10:23:34 pm »

Yeah, now it shows it's own logo and it is less funny, so the potential is lost.

Was cool while it lasted.
In a time before time, I had a name.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #147561 on: October 02, 2019, 12:08:30 am »

i think i'm going fucking insane. 23 blessed years old and I had to have a two hour argument about why i don't give a fuck about hanging out with my friend because she's married. their argument wasn't coherent, mostly that it looks bad. "Nobody starts an affair on purpose" what??? "It's a moral wrong son the bible says do not allow yourself evil appearances" that's not germaine you could use that justification to clutch your pearls about anything. "i'll be looking for some scriptural evidence for this" y'know unless you find a scriptural proscription against this specific thing i'll be of a mind to say your conservative cultural bias is causing you to isogetically look for evidence for your argument. that's intellectually dishonest. Then i get hit with "proverbs says the youth should listen to their elders" oh fucking spare me.

this is so stupid to complain about because obviously this is the tax you pay to live at home in your twenties. I just need to move out sooner rather than later.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #147562 on: October 02, 2019, 12:58:36 am »

i think i'm going fucking insane. 23 blessed years old and I had to have a two hour argument about why i don't give a fuck about hanging out with my friend because she's married. their argument wasn't coherent, mostly that it looks bad. "Nobody starts an affair on purpose" what??? "It's a moral wrong son the bible says do not allow yourself evil appearances" that's not germaine you could use that justification to clutch your pearls about anything. "i'll be looking for some scriptural evidence for this" y'know unless you find a scriptural proscription against this specific thing i'll be of a mind to say your conservative cultural bias is causing you to isogetically look for evidence for your argument. that's intellectually dishonest. Then i get hit with "proverbs says the youth should listen to their elders" oh fucking spare me.

this is so stupid to complain about because obviously this is the tax you pay to live at home in your twenties. I just need to move out sooner rather than later.
Honor thy father and thy mother
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #147563 on: October 02, 2019, 02:42:20 am »

Judging you for something you haven't done, but look like you're in position to despite not intending to? Paul (that is, an elder your parents should listen to) would have this to say about that:
Quote from: Romans 2:1-4
You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?
Don't your parents have any friends married to other people? Tell them that it's arrogant for them to presume your motives when the Lord knows that you're not going to do anything untoward. The Bible specifically encourages love without passion, because even a married couple getting to know one another is in that moment closer to worldly matters than to God. And no, at least based on my cursory search, the Bible does not tell anyone to "not allow themself evil appearances". On the contrary, several quotes (e.g. John 7:14-24; 2 Corinthians 10:7-18; Colossians 2:16-23) specifically tell not to care about what your actions look like in this life, as long as their intent is pure.

Disclaimer: I don't consider myself a Christian, and haven't read the whole Bible. I believe there is some useful if outdated wisdom in it, but that it should be taken allegorically and that nobody should follow it blindly.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147564 on: October 02, 2019, 06:38:27 am »

I should really set up my laptop already so I can kill time and play games without constantly draining my phone's battery.
Alright, I finally did this an-- AAAAAAAHH WHY ARE THERE SO MANY TABS? Is all of this stuff important?!

Also I'd forgotten about the ant squished under my screen. Shit.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147565 on: October 02, 2019, 06:50:49 am »

I got a solitaire app on my iPad, I learned that the sounds of cards also triggers the card smell. My brain apparently associates smells and sounds really well
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 08:16:54 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147566 on: October 02, 2019, 08:00:12 am »

I should really set up my laptop already so I can kill time and play games without constantly draining my phone's battery.
Alright, I finally did this an-- AAAAAAAHH WHY ARE THERE SO MANY TABS? Is all of this stuff important?!

I've got a new idea for the browser makers: stackable tabs, so you can have tabs in your tabs so you can browse while you browse.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #147567 on: October 02, 2019, 08:03:14 am »

Slammed the back door of my car shut, and the opposite door popped open.
Newton's Cardle

No, clearly it is full of invisible clowns
Love, scriver~

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #147568 on: October 02, 2019, 08:21:07 am »

I've got a new idea for the browser makers: stackable tabs, so you can have tabs in your tabs so you can browse while you browse.

Vivaldi already does this. Very convenient sometimes, I can sort papers and tutorials I'm reading by field, plus social media if I'm feeling self-disciplined enough to have it open while I work.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #147569 on: October 02, 2019, 08:28:58 am »

I... I think I need that.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 9836 9837 [9838] 9839 9840 ... 10974