Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9852 9853 [9854] 9855 9856 ... 10981

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13150365 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #147795 on: October 08, 2019, 06:11:23 pm »

Necromancers are just late healers.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147796 on: October 08, 2019, 07:42:06 pm »

what  :o

how did  ???

this game  :o ???

get made!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrRvFBYfNtU

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147797 on: October 08, 2019, 08:06:34 pm »

I don’t know how it got made but I saw the video and it looks fun to play

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147798 on: October 08, 2019, 08:45:48 pm »

how did  ???

get made!?

It's a Devolver Digital title. They publish weird shit all the time. Honestly, it's not that wierd. It's just a cute setting that utilizes dark comedy. Happy tree friends is soo much worse!
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147799 on: October 08, 2019, 08:48:32 pm »

how did  ???

get made!?

It's a Devolver Digital title. They publish weird shit all the time. Honestly, it's not that wierd. It's just a cute setting that utilizes dark comedy. Happy tree friends is soo much worse!
I’ve seen Happy Tree Friends, it is very gorey

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147800 on: October 08, 2019, 11:04:10 pm »

how did  ???

get made!?

It's a Devolver Digital title. They publish weird shit all the time. Honestly, it's not that wierd. It's just a cute setting that utilizes dark comedy.
I watched that whole video the other day and I don't really get the "dark" part... you mean the whole free money thing? Or did I miss something?     
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147801 on: October 09, 2019, 01:12:16 am »

I seem to have developed something similar to bruxism, in that I seem to have a fixation on clenching my teeth hard. My upper and lower jaw don't fit together perfectly, and so for whatever reason I've been clenching hard and trying to force them to fit together, even though that's not possible. Without realizing it I've been doing this for a while and now my jaw hurts and I have a nervous tendency to keep wanting to keep my teeth clenched, and consciously thinking about keeping my jaw unclenched, and it's very tiring. Maybe I'm very stressed out, I have every reason to be.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #147802 on: October 09, 2019, 07:09:28 am »

Oh hey tmj. One trick that actually seems to sorta' help with that pain. A few times a day, jut out your jaw so your lower teeth are a bit past your upper ones, and hold that for about ten seconds. If you can't keep yourself from clenching your teeth, it can help alleviate some of the stress it's putting on your jaw.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #147803 on: October 09, 2019, 09:09:13 am »

So Blizzard pulled the prize money of a pro e-sports and sent him home because he expressed support for the Hong Kong protests.

Nice to know who they actually work for.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147804 on: October 09, 2019, 09:12:01 am »

I was reading a thread about RPG mechanics, and made a comment about them counting something like Thac0 (lower is better). Someone was explaining why Thac0 was the direction it was (based on first class armor, 2nd class armor, etc.) and got into Cardinal and Ordinal numbers. My dumb brain decided the difference is ordinal numbers are orange and black, instead of red and black.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147805 on: October 09, 2019, 09:17:58 am »

how did  ???

get made!?

It's a Devolver Digital title. They publish weird shit all the time. Honestly, it's not that wierd. It's just a cute setting that utilizes dark comedy.
I watched that whole video the other day and I don't really get the "dark" part... you mean the whole free money thing? Or did I miss something?   

Oh. I didn’t actually see the video. I just saw a let’s play of the full game a few months ago so I assumed the video was just stuff I already saw. If you want to know what I mean by dark stuff, basically their world is ruled by a totalitarian regime and the citizens are completely clueless. I remember one of the guys cheering as he got chucked into a volcano. He thought he was going to be given a present or something like that. It’s been a while, I don’t remember very well.

None of this is spoilers btw. It all happens in the first hour.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #147806 on: October 09, 2019, 11:45:51 am »

Devolver's catalogue of games that aren't wild is probably much smaller than their catalogue of "normal" games. I dunno how they do it, but they seem to successfully publish everything from genital-based competitive games to deep artsy platformers with a side of triple-A looking survival.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #147807 on: October 09, 2019, 11:52:30 am »

Devolver's catalogue of games that aren't wild is probably much smaller than their catalogue of "normal" games. I dunno how they do it, but they seem to successfully publish everything from genital-based competitive games to deep artsy platformers with a side of triple-A looking survival.
I think it's because of their focus on indies and, and this is the part I am not sure of, they don't have investors they need to appease with absurd profit margins.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #147808 on: October 09, 2019, 11:58:46 am »

They definitely pick up a lot of wild stuff because of the focus on indie devs. I don't imagine they have much in the way of investors to look after - what they have have gotta be pretty relaxed.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147809 on: October 09, 2019, 12:06:30 pm »

Because enough people want that kind of thing and very few publishers will allow them, that there's a weird supply/demand matchup.
Pages: 1 ... 9852 9853 [9854] 9855 9856 ... 10981