Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9865 9866 [9867] 9868 9869 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13002464 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #147990 on: October 18, 2019, 07:45:45 pm »

I just realized again that I would actually be fairly dangerous in a fist fight, based on several objective factors.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We don't mean to make fun. You've been doing more pushups in a month than I've probably done in my life. But it's right there, ykno?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #147991 on: October 18, 2019, 08:25:17 pm »

Heh, no, the jokes are grounding. I'm not some uber badass, I'm just large and strong. I'd get fucked up by anyone with like actual skills.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #147993 on: October 18, 2019, 08:56:12 pm »

Report: Average Male 4,000% Less Effective In Fights Than They Imagine

Tfw when you enjoy getting passive aggressively roasted and Bay12 delivers with interest.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #147994 on: October 18, 2019, 10:24:55 pm »

So you know when you remove a fingernail, but the undernail remains.   ehhhh the soft quick?

Well that happened to my pointer and it sucks because its not a raw pain, but a discomfort every time I try to do something, like type or open a box or any number of tasks that involve shoving my fingertip at or into something.  Which I  guess I do a lot and take for granted. . . ..
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147995 on: October 18, 2019, 10:54:16 pm »

How did you remove your entire fingernail? What happened?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #147996 on: October 18, 2019, 11:44:47 pm »

I am fine.  Just life.  With fall here and my new job and yada yada yada I didnt even notice until it started to ping.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #147997 on: October 19, 2019, 03:50:43 am »

Maybe you could wrap tape around your finger?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147998 on: October 19, 2019, 04:55:16 am »

So you know when you remove a fingernail, but the undernail remains.   ehhhh the soft quick?

Well that happened to my pointer and it sucks because its not a raw pain, but a discomfort every time I try to do something, like type or open a box or any number of tasks that involve shoving my fingertip at or into something.  Which I  guess I do a lot and take for granted. . . ..
Had something similar very recently. Do you still have the nail partially attached, or is it completely off? It is pretty good protection if you can leave it on for a bit.

I suggest investing in some "finger cots": plastic, rubber or woolen finger protectors. Bandages may also help. You'll have a hard time using the finger to tap or grip for a while, yes, but the skin will heal over and a new nail will most likely grow back.

Patience is key. Also, make sure you get your calcium.

Finally, do speak to a doctor or similar if that's possible for you. You want to make sure the nail bed is intact - having nails is quite important for using a finger to grip and exert pressure from the pad. Some people need nail bed operations.
One wheel short of a wagon

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147999 on: October 19, 2019, 11:15:24 am »

I once partialy knocked off the nail on my right big toe. I went to a physician with it, and he ripped it off completely. I did not have to wear any protections, but yeah, it is much less common to poke things with your big toe, than your index finger.

I suggest wrapping a regular bandage around the fingertip, or a cushion band-aid with the cushion on the undernail.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148000 on: October 19, 2019, 11:22:11 am »

superglue.  Seriously.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148001 on: October 19, 2019, 11:29:04 am »

superglue.  Seriously.
When I went to a triage nurse with my partially detached thumbnail still in contact with the nail bed, one of her first questions was whether I'd superglued it back on.

Apparently that sort of thing is very common.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148002 on: October 19, 2019, 11:34:15 am »

You DO have to sterilize, otherwise you trap nasty things in an enclosed space.  So debride it first.

Superglue on the nail will help strengthen it to avoid further detachment. Bandage after the fact.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148003 on: October 19, 2019, 11:46:36 am »

While I'm not a doctor and I'm pretty sure wierd is some kind of medic, and I know professionals do sometimes use things like superglue, I really, really don't think you're meant to superglue things to any part of yourself. Particularly not the rather vulnerable nail bed.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148004 on: October 19, 2019, 11:48:18 am »

It's also generally a good idea to consult doctors for your medical advice. Not wannabes.
Pages: 1 ... 9865 9866 [9867] 9868 9869 ... 10974