Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9880 9881 [9882] 9883 9884 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12995945 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #148215 on: October 25, 2019, 10:22:54 am »

I’m guessing so

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #148216 on: October 25, 2019, 10:47:35 am »

You know, why did Alex Jones care that chemical in the water were making the freaking frogs gay?
He's not an enviromentalist, at least I doubt so.
Did he think they were testing the chemicals so they could use it on humans?
He works on outrage. It doesn't need to make sense, it only has to get the reactionaries riled up and giving him money.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148217 on: October 25, 2019, 10:49:16 am »

You know, why did Alex Jones care that chemical in the water were making the freaking frogs gay?
He's not an enviromentalist, at least I doubt so.
Did he think they were testing the chemicals so they could use it on humans?
Because it was inflicting homosexuality upon innocent animals that couldn't know any better or do anything to stop it. This meant that the global quotient of demon-spawned gayness would increase and cause the ethical balance to plummet towards depravity and liberalism.

Will they stop at nothing to feed their craving for cruel blasphemy?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148218 on: October 25, 2019, 01:32:02 pm »

I’m having weird religious doubts whilst playing Spellforce 3.
Long story short you get approached by a fanatic who has been “told by god” to cleanse the world of the impure so that he may step onto the earth. Which is perfectly insane and a decent reason to have him as an enemy.

Except somehow this guy knows stuff which there’s absolutely no reason he should know. As in, buried secrets which have been lost for an age and the only reason anyone at all knows about it is because this guy got spoken to by X deity.

So far unsure if there’s some kind of prankster god around or if this guy will turn out to be the world’s greatest liar but so far it’s kind of concerning, especially when i’m currently pushing my dialogue towards “I hate this guy and want him to fail” and everyone is like ‘nah, you’ll see. God’s coming. No worries’
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148219 on: October 25, 2019, 01:34:20 pm »

God is probably some kind of a Cthulhu. Calling it now.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #148220 on: October 25, 2019, 01:43:00 pm »

old testament god was a boss.

He'd punch cthulu in the squidhole.  with a flaming wheel made of flaming swords that home in on you
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148221 on: October 25, 2019, 02:24:55 pm »

Ahh shit God's bringing out the Ophanim again.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148222 on: October 25, 2019, 02:35:22 pm »

But... Aren't those the Chayot? Ophanim are the burning wheels.

And then there's the Seraphim! Don't look at their feet!

And just because God is God, doesn't mean you should help him...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #148223 on: October 25, 2019, 02:48:35 pm »

Might does not make right.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148224 on: October 25, 2019, 02:50:04 pm »

Might does make credible threats, though, and may... write the history books.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #148225 on: October 25, 2019, 02:53:32 pm »

The mighty also tend to control access to everything worth having or necessary for survival, to boot.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #148226 on: October 25, 2019, 02:58:20 pm »

So, my shrink prescribed me aripiprazole because the last antipsychotic felt like I was killing myself with each dose. Long story short, I took it last night and now I'm here, awake at 4 in the fucking morning. She told me to take it for at least two nights. Given the whole insomnia thing, I'm really hesitant to try it again. What do?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148227 on: October 25, 2019, 03:04:46 pm »

Take it in the morning instead of at night, and tell your doc?

Unless you're taking them for sleep, in which case don't take them at all and immediately tell your doc?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #148228 on: October 25, 2019, 03:08:29 pm »

So, my shrink prescribed me aripiprazole because the last antipsychotic felt like I was killing myself with each dose. Long story short, I took it last night and now I'm here, awake at 4 in the fucking morning. She told me to take it for at least two nights. Given the whole insomnia thing, I'm really hesitant to try it again. What do?

Take it one more time in case it was a fluke. If it happens again, stop taking it and talk to your doctor about it.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148229 on: October 25, 2019, 03:10:45 pm »

Take it one more time in case it was a fluke. If it happens again, stop taking it and talk to your doctor about it.

Since it's just insomnia, that sounds valid. No reason to think it's the medication unless the effects are replicated. You could just be having trouble sleeping.

My old man did that once, though. Took a painkiller and an anti-inflammatory and started turning purple. So he took one more painkiller to see if it was the painkiller or the other.

Turns out he's allergic to codeine-related painkillers. We were very cross with him.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 03:22:18 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 9880 9881 [9882] 9883 9884 ... 10973