Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9881 9882 [9883] 9884 9885 ... 10979

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13133152 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #148230 on: October 25, 2019, 03:12:58 pm »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #148231 on: October 25, 2019, 04:43:14 pm »

So, my shrink prescribed me aripiprazole because the last antipsychotic felt like I was killing myself with each dose. Long story short, I took it last night and now I'm here, awake at 4 in the fucking morning. She told me to take it for at least two nights. Given the whole insomnia thing, I'm really hesitant to try it again. What do?

Take it one more time in case it was a fluke. If it happens again, stop taking it and talk to your doctor about it.

Since it's just insomnia, that sounds valid. No reason to think it's the medication unless the effects are replicated. You could just be having trouble sleeping.

My old man did that once, though. Took a painkiller and an anti-inflammatory and started turning purple. So he took one more painkiller to see if it was the painkiller or the other.

Turns out he's allergic to codeine-related painkillers. We were very cross with him.
When I started taking antidepressants, I went a little bit manic. Check with your medic if the insomnia persists.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #148232 on: October 25, 2019, 10:41:19 pm »

So recent events have caused me to realize that one of my . . . not fears but maybe anxieties? is digit torture.  Losing nails, breaking bones in fingers, losing tips, papercuts under nails, etc.  Makes me incredibly uncomfortable.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148233 on: October 25, 2019, 10:48:16 pm »

I don’t know if we have a “weird things you noticed” thread, but I have noticed that the left side of my clavicle feels different than the right side, like there is a dent or a bend. It doesn’t hurt or anything, just a weird thing I noticed

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148234 on: October 25, 2019, 11:06:08 pm »

The dementia is strong tonight.

The guy down the hall is having a one-sided argument with himself (loudly), and one of our wanderers is kleptomaniacally grabbing everything in sight. I've only been here an hour and I already want to go home.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148235 on: October 25, 2019, 11:07:47 pm »

Ill drink a beer for you, wierd
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #148236 on: October 26, 2019, 05:47:34 am »

I'll eat some sunflower-seed blueberry and raspberry porridge for you wierd
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148237 on: October 26, 2019, 06:17:15 am »

My friends' awesome sludge band is playing with a bunch of weird hardcore-ish bands. Well, they played already (it's an early show) and after dragging my hungover arse out of bed at 7 I managed to make it in time for their last song or so.

Now, though, I'm stuck here amidst hordes of deathcore lads and overly tattooed dudebros lookin' like soundcloud rappers.
One of the headlining bands is alright, but last time I saw them was on a bill that otherwise consisted of more "metal" bands, this definitely caters to their hardcore leanings...

Oh gods, the next band just started. Yup, it sounds like basic bitch hardcore but with the vocals chucked through a filter to sound more metal. 🤦🏻
Think I went a bit hard on the cough syrup before leaving the house, too.

Edit: haha yup, these knuckleheads are fight dancing.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 06:23:37 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148238 on: October 26, 2019, 06:33:53 am »

Edit: haha yup, these knuckleheads are fight dancing.
'moshing'? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moshing

idk, ive seen more and less decent variations of it
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148239 on: October 26, 2019, 07:10:46 am »

Ill drink a beer for you, wierd

So, the shift is over now.  Do you want a full accounting of the crazy I dealt with tonight, or should I just be content to hork down this McDonald's breakfast and suffer in silence as I try to wash the memory of the night away with orange juice and artery hardening calories?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148240 on: October 26, 2019, 07:12:32 am »

I love your stories wierd, so you can do both.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148241 on: October 26, 2019, 07:24:12 am »

Ok then.

Our favorite Klepto was busy being a klepto all night long.  Due to a labor shortage on 3rd shift, I was in charge of ~30 residents, and it was just me and the charge nurse in the long term care wing.

In addition to our gentleman having the loud argument with himself, another confused resident had decided to alter his normal "I cannot possibly pee enough times in one night!" behaviors, with a "I will pee into my 4 wheel walker like it was a urinal!" twist. I changed his bed and sheets once, the soaker pads twice, and cleaned his floor 3 times. All the while Klepto-Wanderer kept trying to follow me into rooms.

At several times in the night, another resident, who likes to scream out that they need help over and over again instead of using their call light, decided that they needed to do this while I was doing rounds repeatedly, just to get me into their room.  Again, with Klepto underfoot taking things and trying to follow me into rooms.

Basically, if it was a behavior, it was happening.  One resident awoke from a dead sleep shrieking that she needed her purse, for instance.  Another decided that she absolutely must have her TED hose on and be dressed at 0330. And of course, "I MUST PEE NOW!" resident was setting off his motion alarm, indicating to me that he was up and violating the floor I had just cleaned, while I was trapped in rooms at rounds. Repeatedly.

As per usual, Klepto-resident was trying to steal my lunch out of my hands while I was eating it, and tried repeatedly to steal my mouse and work-issued cellphone while I was trying to chart--OUT OF MY HANDS, WHile I was actively using them.

At some point, Klepto-resident snuck into another resident's room and turned on their bathroom faucet full blast. (This resident is a major attention seeker, and after nearly flooding their own bathroom several times this week, we deactivated the water to the sink in their bathroom. This has prompted them to seek sinks in other rooms.)

List of Items stolen tonight:
Two stuffed scarecrow decorations from the living area
1 bottle of liquid drink thickener from the dining area
A teddy bear (Unknown room broken into)
A ceramic ladybug decoration (Unknown room broken into)
My computer mouse. (1x times)

Items that multiple attempts at theft were made for:
My computer mouse (+10x times, 8x times while I was actively using it.)
My lunch (9x times, while I was eating it. I have gotten quite good at being an artful dodger)
Desk stapler (3x times)
Tape dispenser (2x times)
My car keys (I take them out of my pocket at the desk, because scrub pants are just horrible, and I dont want them to fall out in a resident's room) (5x times)
Laptop bag (3x times)

I am now eating a McDonald's Big breakfast with hotcakes, with extra hashbrowns, and some sausage breakfast burritos.  WHile just as bad for me, if not worse, than getting sauced after work-- It at least does not cause intoxication, so I am not a threat to others.

I need to drive into the major metro area so I can get an employer mandated flu vaccination at a Walgreens when they open.  Currently 7:30AM.

Some back-history:

Klepto Resident is a consummate attention seeker.  Frequently violates the nurse's station, which is just outside their room. (They were placed in that room to help assure their safety, due to the severity of their wandering) They are notorious for taking pretty much anything that is not nailed down in the nurse's station, and taking such stolen property to their room.  They are shameless about this, and will even attempt to get staff members to assist with such pilfering if they are prevented from taking things. Like literally turning to a different staff member and saying "Get that for me", while you are trying to explain to them that they cannot have the thing they are trying so very hard to steal.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 07:42:22 am by wierd »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148242 on: October 26, 2019, 07:41:12 am »

You're a better man than I am wierd. I know about how people degrade as they get older, and honestly to me it seems very horrible. These poor folks don't deserve any cruelty, but it's hard to imagine that they're happy, or even fully cognizant of their own miserable existence. Personally, I hope that I will die before I mentally and bodily degrade to requiring a babysitter 24/7. I'm not trying to be mean, that's just how it seems to me.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148243 on: October 26, 2019, 07:47:19 am »

It is, but think of this too--

We USED to have a locked dementia unit.  Not everyone who ends up in an LTC setting loses their marbles.  Dementia is NOT a part of normal aging, but infirmity and loss of bodily function control is. People in LTC can be quite coherent, and fully aware of everything going on around them.

With that in mind, contemplate the logic of my facility, where they have decided that dementia patients should be freely mixed into normal LTC resident populations, with people like Klepto-wanderer trying to literally steal food off their plates at meals.

Isolated wards are there to give these residents with special needs the added attention they need, without degrading the quality of life of the other residents in the building.  However, because keeping a locked unit is expensive, and we are a rural facility, our administration decided that it would not re-certify for a locked unit.

Now we have to herd cats and do our best to assure resident right to privacy and property-- at the same time.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148244 on: October 26, 2019, 09:03:20 am »

Where the engineer gets someone else to pull it to see if it always does that.
Pages: 1 ... 9881 9882 [9883] 9884 9885 ... 10979