Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9882 9883 [9884] 9885 9886 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12995816 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #148245 on: October 26, 2019, 10:31:35 am »

No, the engineer just goes "that's not what I designed it to do, try it again"
Love, scriver~

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148246 on: October 26, 2019, 10:32:54 am »

The engineer just smacks it with its wrench until it upgrades

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #148247 on: October 26, 2019, 10:55:04 am »

I'm pretty sure an engineer designed it, so the fact that he planned it but doesn't know its function is . . . interesting.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148248 on: October 26, 2019, 11:12:33 am »

No. The engineer chuckles softly while looking at his own shoes, and denies all knowledge.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148249 on: October 26, 2019, 11:18:16 am »

I think some of the forumites would dig this:

https://science.slashdot.org/story/19/10/25/2129237/man-kept-getting-drunk-without-drinking-docs-found-brewers-yeast-in-his-guts
After years of inexplicably getting drunk without drinking alcohol, having mood swings and bouts of aggression, landing a DWI charge on the way to work one morning, and suffering a head injury in a drunken fall, an otherwise healthy 46-year-old North Carolina man finally got confirmation of having alcohol-fermenting yeasts overrunning his innards, getting him sloshed any time he ate carbohydrate-laden meals. Through the years, medical professionals and police officers refused to believe he hadn't been drinking. They assumed the man was lying to hide an alcohol problem. Meanwhile, he went to an untold number of psychiatrists, internists, neurologists, and gastroenterologists searching for answers.

Those answers only came after he sought help from a support group online and then contacted a group of researchers at Richmond University Medical Center in Staten Island, New York. By then, it was September of 2017 -- more than seven years after his saga began. The New York researchers finally confirmed that he had a rarely diagnosed condition called "auto-brewery syndrome." From there, the researchers started him on powerful anti-fungal medications to try to clear the boozy germs from his system. But he relapsed just weeks later after sneaking some forbidden pizza and soda. The researchers tried again, giving him an even stronger round of anti-fungal drugs, this time through a tube directly into his veins (central catheter). By February of 2018, tests indicated he was free of the fermenting fungi. He went back to eating his normal diet and passed his daily breathalyzer tests. He has stayed that way since, the researchers report.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #148250 on: October 26, 2019, 02:48:08 pm »

No. The engineer chuckles softly while looking at his own shoes, and denies all knowledge.

So, if the scientist pulling the lightning lever is a metaphor for the pursuit of knowledge, then if we extend the metaphor, this engineer is... god?
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148251 on: October 26, 2019, 02:55:21 pm »

No. An asshole. The engineer is always an asshole. :P

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #148252 on: October 26, 2019, 02:55:59 pm »

but that's what I said
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148253 on: October 26, 2019, 02:59:22 pm »

No no nonono.

Unlike God, which actively tries to put on a veneer of being "thoughtful" or "good", the engineer is just a seething morass of pure asshole, underneath an unassuming, introverted exterior.

Basically, God is entirely too extroverted. :P

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #148254 on: October 26, 2019, 03:05:00 pm »

Eh, god's an introvert. The thing only rarely comes along to mess with us directly, instead content to watch us fumble with the deathtrap of a universe it's set up for us. Like an ant farm but filled with ant-hating predators and hidden fun stuff if they dig too deep.

...Now I want to make an ant farm with HFS.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #148255 on: October 26, 2019, 03:09:21 pm »

So, my shrink prescribed me aripiprazole because the last antipsychotic felt like I was killing myself with each dose. Long story short, I took it last night and now I'm here, awake at 4 in the fucking morning.

Welp, I tried the drug again last night and I still woke up at an odd time, 3:30 am. The strangest part is that I woke up ready; I didn't feel tired at all. It's even more perplexing that I only slept, like, 5 hours? I should be lethargic!

Either a) it's the drugs fucking with me or b) I've fucked up my circadian rhythm. Or both; I'm not discounting that possibility.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148256 on: October 26, 2019, 03:53:43 pm »

Are you thirsty when you wake up? When I wake up at 3 I am thirsty and get some water. Then I don’t fall asleep again until 6 when I think I might as well stay up anyways

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #148257 on: October 26, 2019, 04:21:33 pm »

I don't ever remember waking up just to get water in the past month. I have the opposite problem, drinking so much water that I wake up in the middle of the night to pee. I avoid turning on any lights to avoid waking up proper.

This time round, I wasn't desperately thirsty. A little thirsty, yes, but not enough to register until you mentioned it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #148258 on: October 26, 2019, 06:31:28 pm »

Was it particularly hot or cold? I wake up when it’s particularly hot or cold.

Last night I woke up being particularly hot (slow ventlilation), then later on when it was particularly cold (my wife closed the window). It was a poor night, to go with the previous night when I slept poorly because it was particularly hot (no ventilation) and the night before when it was too cold (too much ventilation, open window plus fan).

Wisconsin has a stupid climate.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #148259 on: October 26, 2019, 06:39:51 pm »

Was it particularly hot or cold? I wake up when it’s particularly hot or cold.

Last night I woke up being particularly hot (slow ventlilation), then later on when it was particularly cold (my wife closed the window). 
How does ventilation affect your pee temperature? I don't understand
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 9882 9883 [9884] 9885 9886 ... 10973