Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9884 9885 [9886] 9887 9888 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998999 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #148275 on: October 27, 2019, 06:58:59 pm »

What hype? Some are allergic to it, and so must avoid it, but I haven’t heard of hype around it other than that
Whoah you're naive. He doesn't mean tasting it with his mouth.  It is well known that in the Us peanut butter is used for other things besides a condiment....
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148276 on: October 27, 2019, 07:25:58 pm »

I'm starting to notice common sound effects everywhere now. Scrubs uses a "woosh" sound effect from Daggerfall and Morrowind to emphasize cuts. Terminator 1 uses an elevator sound that was all over the place in Jedi Outcast. I heard the disruptor rifle from Jedi Knight in Adventure Time. KOTOR inherited a lot of sounds from Neverwinter Nights.

AKA Stock Sound Effects. Because it's easier and cheaper to use already-existing assets than create new ones. This is, for example, why the Wilhelm Scream is so popular(and noticeable).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148277 on: October 27, 2019, 07:36:07 pm »

What hype? Some are allergic to it, and so must avoid it, but I haven’t heard of hype around it other than that
Whoah you're naive. He doesn't mean tasting it with his mouth.  It is well known that in the Us peanut butter is used for other things besides a condiment....
Human behavior confuses me, a fellow human

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #148278 on: October 27, 2019, 07:43:47 pm »

Human behavior confuses me, a fellow human
I cannot recall who said it, but if our brain was small enough for us to understand it, we couldn’t.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #148279 on: October 27, 2019, 08:35:54 pm »

More seriously, the hype of peanut butter taste wise, such as it is, isn't so much just the peanut butter as what else you include with it. Just peanut butter is eh, generally. Peanut butter and jelly/jam/preserves, or honey, is +1. Add some cinnamon for an extra +1. Basically it's a solid, easy to use and consume additive or spread. It's not super amazing but it's a real steady foodstuff.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #148280 on: October 27, 2019, 08:42:10 pm »

I would suggest adding any type of jam/jelly/preservative is -1 if it’s added to peanut butter. Probably the same with honey, that seems like a silly thing to do, though I’ve never had it that way.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148281 on: October 27, 2019, 08:45:01 pm »

I would suggest adding any type of jam/jelly/preservative is -1 if it’s added to peanut butter. Probably the same with honey, that seems like a silly thing to do, though I’ve never had it that way.
Try a peanut butter and jelly sandwich if you haven’t already. They are good

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #148282 on: October 27, 2019, 09:11:47 pm »

Peanut butter and honey is pretty great, yeah. Some folks go on to add banana. There's lots to do.
Ask not!
Ask!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148283 on: October 27, 2019, 09:15:50 pm »

I did try peanut butter and jelly once, after having it described in terms of highest praise and childhood nostalgia. I was thoroughly unimpressed. Might have something to do with our local bread, jelly, and the butter being markedly different from what people in the US would normally get. Or it might be just plain shite, and y'all caught up in some sort of peanut butter Stockholm syndrome.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148284 on: October 27, 2019, 09:25:18 pm »

I used to dislike jelly, but eventually I started to like it. What is the bread like where you live?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148285 on: October 27, 2019, 09:29:38 pm »

I used to dislike jelly, but eventually I started to like it. What is the bread like where you live?
Tell you what: google the word 'chleb' and look at the pictures - those are pretty representative.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #148286 on: October 27, 2019, 10:21:19 pm »

PB&J's fine on rye/chleb sort of bread. If it's sour dough it's probably pretty sketchy. Butter, uh. Generally isn't involved, in my experience. Unless you mean the peanut butter, heh. It being markedly different from the stuff around here might be what's causing it, I guess. Even if it's not to someone's taste, I haven't met much in the way of folks that'd call it shite.
Ask not!
Ask!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #148287 on: October 27, 2019, 10:22:20 pm »

I have heard that sprinkling a small amount of salt onto a PBAJ sandwich is tasty. I have not tried it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148288 on: October 27, 2019, 11:08:38 pm »

Protip: sub Vegemite for jelly. Heaven in a sandwich.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148289 on: October 27, 2019, 11:17:44 pm »

You aussies...  Putting salty and sweet together like that.
Pages: 1 ... 9884 9885 [9886] 9887 9888 ... 10974