Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9888 9889 [9890] 9891 9892 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998968 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #148335 on: October 30, 2019, 06:00:03 am »

I must admit I'm becoming downright obsessed with going back to Ireland. Part of it is that I'm very dissatisfied with my current job but it goes beyond that
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148336 on: October 30, 2019, 06:02:06 am »

I must admit I'm becoming downright obsessed with going back to Ireland. Part of it is that I'm very dissatisfied with my current job but it goes beyond that

Can't you just irritate everyone around you so you can basque in their ire?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148337 on: October 30, 2019, 06:22:32 am »

I wanna go back to Ireland, too.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #148338 on: October 30, 2019, 06:25:08 am »

Well I'm doing that as a hobby yes. I mean it's not like I have any real role in this department ATM (in fact they openly admitted that they dont quite know what to do with me and with the guy who joined right before I did) so I have to do something to pass time 🤣🤣

I found that one of the most annoying auxiliary nurses got particularily irked when she heard me say "eskerrik asko" instead of "thanks". So I'm making a point of throwing as many Basque words, idioms, adages and expressions as I can whenever she's around. 

I wanna go back to Ireland, too.   
I'm hoping new jobs pop up sometime in new year.

Tbh I'm even considering my last workplace even though I left quite angry.  They kind of are tentatively outreaching me , too, so it's not out of the question.

If I had a choice I'd rather go to some other place, though, to clean the air.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 06:29:11 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Wizard of Manaia

• Bay Watcher
  • Mmm lignin
    • View Profile
« Reply #148339 on: October 30, 2019, 02:39:45 pm »

Yeah good season for it psilocybe semilanceata is popping

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148340 on: October 30, 2019, 04:32:15 pm »

Steam's new library interface. I hate it. I like certain features of it, like the ability to search for or hide games, which I think existed but it wasn't particularly visbible. But overall, I hate it. I can't seem to find any way to revert it either.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #148341 on: October 30, 2019, 10:44:17 pm »

You a shroom type of fella?
funky
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148342 on: October 30, 2019, 10:46:50 pm »

Steam's new library interface. I hate it. I like certain features of it, like the ability to search for or hide games, which I think existed but it wasn't particularly visbible. But overall, I hate it. I can't seem to find any way to revert it either.
I don't just hate it

I HAAAAAAATE it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Booze is Life for Yoink

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148343 on: October 31, 2019, 02:07:41 am »

Yep, I hate the new Steam library too.  Holy hells what a busy laggy nightmare, who over at Valve thought this was a good idea?

At least I can clean most of it up by deleting the "shelves", but that still leaves the recent updates banner at the top.

And the new view for games is terribly organized, like, wow, how did anyone come to the conclusion that this was a good change?

I do like the improvements to the search and hide, so like Akura, I don't think everything about it is terrible, but just goddamn why.

Edit: Okay, now I'm pissed.  What they've done to the workshop ui element is absolutely unforgivable.  They moved it halfway down the screen and reduced it to a single item on display.  That is disrespectful as hell to the modders who create additional content for the game.  How fucking dare they.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 02:43:10 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #148344 on: October 31, 2019, 04:33:38 am »

Edit: Okay, now I'm pissed.  What they've done to the workshop ui element is absolutely unforgivable.  They moved it halfway down the screen and reduced it to a single item on display.  That is disrespectful as hell to the modders who create additional content for the game.  How fucking dare they.

The workshop tab was already halfway down the screen in the old format. Now there's a tab for it at the very top of the screen.

I'unno what everyone's complaining about. My sidebar's still there, all's right with the world.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148345 on: October 31, 2019, 06:46:38 am »

I can confirm. It's in the toolbar at the top of the game's page, after "Guides" and before "Support", perfectly visible.
Black lives matter.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #148346 on: October 31, 2019, 06:52:57 am »

Much less visible than the large and eye-catching button it had before, though.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148347 on: October 31, 2019, 07:07:22 am »

Yeah, anyone claiming it's anywhere near as accessible as it was before is just a bad design apologist lol
Booze is Life for Yoink

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148348 on: October 31, 2019, 07:17:01 am »

The workshop tab was already halfway down the screen in the old format. Now there's a tab for it at the very top of the screen.

I'unno what everyone's complaining about. My sidebar's still there, all's right with the world.

Not the tab, the great big section directly below the DLC segment on the old UI, the one that has the workshop insignia and the three featured mods on it.  THAT has been renovated into a single featured mod that actually requires me to scroll down half a screen to see, and THAT is the problem.  They've gone from putting those featured mods right up near the top so they get visibility and attract attention to having them shoved off to the side below the normal view area, where they won't attract attention.  That is what is unforgivable here.

edit: And further, the toolbar used to be a nice small thing down the side, that had all those same tabs in a nice compressed easy to read and use list, and now it's sprawled across the screen directly below the great big game banner, that is at least 50% larger than it was before.  Why is it so big?  I need a great big advertisement for a game that's already in my library?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 07:20:03 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148349 on: October 31, 2019, 07:31:53 am »

And further, the toolbar used to be a nice small thing down the side, that had all those same tabs in a nice compressed easy to read and use list, and now it's sprawled across the screen directly below the great big game banner, that is at least 50% larger than it was before.  Why is it so big?  I need a great big advertisement for a game that's already in my library?
Probably a lot of these designers have really huge screens and everything looks perfectly good to them. Heaven forbid it be optimized for mere mortals with their 1080p displays and smaller.

Everything's big now because they assume you're viewing it in a 48 inch 4K display like they are, and it was clearly too small before.
Pages: 1 ... 9888 9889 [9890] 9891 9892 ... 10974