Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9899 9900 [9901] 9902 9903 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999482 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #148500 on: November 11, 2019, 09:15:47 am »

Liz is dating Jon? When?
I don't know, about ten years I think.
EDIT:Since July 2006.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #148501 on: November 11, 2019, 10:49:48 am »

We had an idiot try to swap out a jug of milk last night, because it expired after he bought it. Two days later. Obviously I left a note for the manager to let us put things on sale as they approach their expiry date, but we can't do that. He had demanded a second opinion because the cashier told him no and was just pissed when I said the same thing

He then grabbed another jug of milk that was also two days from expiring. Because apparently he just chooses not to check what he's buying.

Another woman was demanding a refund on a battery which wasn't working. It's a motorcycle battery, one that comes empty but with a box of battery acid included in the package. Always. But they for whatever reason decided not to put the acid in there, ruining the battery. The manufacturer offers free replacement but she wouldnt accept anything less than a full refund. I even called and replacement is the only service offered by the battery manufacturer, and we don't offer any warranty. Especially not a dumbass warranty. But she was angry and rude the moment she opened her mouth and just got angrier and angrier as I explained the situation to her, claimed we sold her he battery without a box or explanation of the warranty, which we would never do, and accused us of accusing her of lying (which is true, it was obvious she was), demanding to speak to the manager (who was standing right there and was the one who pointed out it had no acid) and then demanded to speak to the owner, so we pointed her towards the tribal council offices. But she just kept getting angrier. So the boss threatened to call the police, at which point she fled, threatening to send her husband in after us. It was horrible and hilariously stupid.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #148502 on: November 11, 2019, 08:38:37 pm »

Looks like DerMeister's finally banned. I'd pour one out for him, but dwarves wouldn't waste alchohol, that's not in the lore.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148503 on: November 11, 2019, 08:50:37 pm »

No idea who that was (name seems vaguely familiar...?), but you could always just drink to his memory, right?
That gives me an idea... are dwarven wakes in the game? That would be a cool way for dwarves to assuage the grief over their fallen loved ones.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #148504 on: November 11, 2019, 10:03:41 pm »

They were a douchebag that insisted Dwarf Fortress had an intended canon, kept harassing modders and folks making suggestions over it and was obsessed with milking ogresses. Most of their posts are still up, I think?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #148505 on: November 11, 2019, 10:07:35 pm »

idk  Ogress milk sounds . . . like its not entirely implausible that it might be decent?  Some of the bases for perfume smell/come from unappealing places, and have you ever seen some of your foodstuffs?

Unless you mean like, milking the males, or like a snake or something.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #148506 on: November 11, 2019, 10:08:45 pm »

idk  Ogress milk sounds . . . like its not entirely implausible that it might be decent?  Some of the bases for perfume smell/come from unappealing places, and have you ever seen some of your foodstuffs?

Unless you mean like, milking the males, or like a snake or something.
There's considering weird stuff and there is harassing the dfhack folks for over a month because of it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148507 on: November 12, 2019, 01:39:55 am »

I'm surprised it took this long for DerMeister to get banned, and his fascination with milking ogresses was just strange.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #148508 on: November 12, 2019, 03:04:03 am »

For a moment, I thought you meant Dermonster, and I was VERY confused what Derm had done THIS time to go over forum rules.

Also lactation is a kink. And a not-uncommon one, IIRC?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148509 on: November 12, 2019, 03:34:55 am »

Maybe if you're like, <2 years old.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #148510 on: November 12, 2019, 05:59:53 am »

I'm surprised it took this long for DerMeister to get banned, and his fascination with milking ogresses was just strange.
That's totally Pathos
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148511 on: November 12, 2019, 09:13:20 am »

We can pretty much say at this point that all the illnesses that started happening in early 2019 and the roughly 39 deaths are all due to that one guy who started Honey Cut. His name's Joshua Temple btw and expect to be hearing more about it. Even with the deaths they're saying that they can't 'technically' charge him, because of the stupid American laws about "supplements" being completely unregulated. Seriously.

Yeah, I remember when Airborne, the cold medicine made by a teacher, killed several people because it was just a lethal overdose of vitamin C that doesn't actually do anything. They reduced the dosage, so it should be fine now.

Spent a bunch of time moving stuff around to get to a window to apply a plastic sealing kit. The window in question was apparently installed upside-down, so it cannot close properly. However, the tape supplied is not double-sided, and there's no way I can it working without double-sided tape. At least not according to the directions(step 1: put tape on window frame, step 2: put plastic on tape). I guess that's what I get for getting it from the dollar store.

You can make a loop out of the tape. It will fit loosely and probably not keep out drafts like it's supposed to, but it's easier than finding a place to buy double-sided tape.

We had an idiot try to swap out a jug of milk last night, because it expired after he bought it. Two days later. Obviously I left a note for the manager to let us put things on sale as they approach their expiry date, but we can't do that. He had demanded a second opinion because the cashier told him no and was just pissed when I said the same thing

He then grabbed another jug of milk that was also two days from expiring. Because apparently he just chooses not to check what he's buying.

Another woman was demanding a refund on a battery which wasn't working. It's a motorcycle battery, one that comes empty but with a box of battery acid included in the package. Always. But they for whatever reason decided not to put the acid in there, ruining the battery. The manufacturer offers free replacement but she wouldnt accept anything less than a full refund. I even called and replacement is the only service offered by the battery manufacturer, and we don't offer any warranty. Especially not a dumbass warranty. But she was angry and rude the moment she opened her mouth and just got angrier and angrier as I explained the situation to her, claimed we sold her he battery without a box or explanation of the warranty, which we would never do, and accused us of accusing her of lying (which is true, it was obvious she was), demanding to speak to the manager (who was standing right there and was the one who pointed out it had no acid) and then demanded to speak to the owner, so we pointed her towards the tribal council offices. But she just kept getting angrier. So the boss threatened to call the police, at which point she fled, threatening to send her husband in after us. It was horrible and hilariously stupid.

Ah, customer service.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148512 on: November 12, 2019, 09:29:28 am »

@Akura, any office supply store worth it's salt/nice Walmarts will sell double sided tape.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #148513 on: November 12, 2019, 10:32:24 am »

his fascination with milking ogresses was just strange.
...what?
Is that what DerMeister will be forever remembered for years in the future? When Toady has cleaned the banlist?
"Remember that guy who was really into ogress milk?" "No."
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #148514 on: November 12, 2019, 10:34:11 am »

nice Walmarts
What unicorns are you chasing?

tbf Ive seen exactly one walmart that I didnt immediately regret walking into, and maybe one other one that Im willing to use for like poster board.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 9899 9900 [9901] 9902 9903 ... 10974