Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9938 9939 [9940] 9941 9942 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999442 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #149085 on: December 09, 2019, 02:11:44 pm »

I'm not an expert, but since most of the phone is useless now, you could just remove the storage and probably put it in something else/pay someone to extract the data from it

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #149086 on: December 09, 2019, 02:36:03 pm »

Steam updated again, and there are again more new games in my library I have no recollection of

a bizarre trend, but one i am appreciative of
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149087 on: December 09, 2019, 02:49:13 pm »

So there's this thing called Android 8 or 9, where data transfer is disabled by default unless you tap a particular thing on your screen. I will continue trying all of the fastboot bullshit after work. But until such time, I'll be assuming my no-home-button-having phone and its lack of easily accessible flash mode are unrecoverable.

"Don't be absurd" is unhelpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kZQxAWTKos

There are options, even if the display is completely borked.  You can control android with a mouse.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149088 on: December 09, 2019, 03:45:07 pm »

Steam updated again, and there are again more new games in my library I have no recollection of

a bizarre trend, but one i am appreciative of
I think that after you reach certain level (yeah steam IS a very sad rpg with the worst case of pay-to-win ever) you have some chance of periodically bein bestowed by a bless from Papa Gabe.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149089 on: December 09, 2019, 10:29:49 pm »

Huh, that could explain a few that have popped up that I have no recollection of buying. Although it could just as easily be that I bought them years ago and never got around to playing them.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149090 on: December 09, 2019, 11:43:45 pm »

how many humble bundles have you acquired?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149091 on: December 10, 2019, 01:13:07 am »

Oooh, good point. I'm pretty sure I've only ever bought one of those, but if memory serves I bought it just for one game despite not being very interested in the others.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #149092 on: December 10, 2019, 06:18:18 am »

So, I managed to get Exagear running on my phone, after being inspired by wierd's posts about it. If it changes anything, I got my copy from archive.org and it was modded to remove copy protection.

I then decided to try and replicate what wierd did, and run Dwarf Fortress on the phone.

The good thing is that it booted. Unfortunately, trying to run DF didn't really work. Instead, I got this error message when I tried to run it:

Did he do something (anything at all) to the DF folder or anything in it that let it run?

Edit: It just occurred to me that he probably used the 32-bit legacy version of DF. This time, it still errors out, but this time with "Error Creating OpenGL Window"
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 07:54:56 am by methylatedspirit »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149093 on: December 10, 2019, 06:36:23 am »

Watching LGIO play The Quiet Man, and while there is definitely something to be said for having everyone be smolderingly pretty and making an action fighting game in small environments with a combat system that's extremely floaty and slippery and not at all suited for small environments, I get caught up on the fact that the protagonist was just shown what's presumably a ransom note (or potentially just a warning), seeing as it's composed of the classic cut-out and glued letters from magazines format.

The cut-out and glued letter format, which is used specifically to avoid tracing and identification... And the note is signed with a custom wax seal at the bottom of the paper.

Um.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149094 on: December 10, 2019, 08:28:46 am »

So, I managed to get Exagear running on my phone, after being inspired by wierd's posts about it. If it changes anything, I got my copy from archive.org and it was modded to remove copy protection.

I then decided to try and replicate what wierd did, and run Dwarf Fortress on the phone.

The good thing is that it booted. Unfortunately, trying to run DF didn't really work. Instead, I got this error message when I tried to run it:

Did he do something (anything at all) to the DF folder or anything in it that let it run?

Edit: It just occurred to me that he probably used the 32-bit legacy version of DF. This time, it still errors out, but this time with "Error Creating OpenGL Window"

I have the legally purchased version. 

I did not use the legacy version, because it cannot create the opengl window. 

Instead, I used the normal 32bit version.  In the paid version, it works just great. It's not that expensive, and can run a lot more than just DF. (Can also run starcraft, diablo and diablo 2, etc...)

The paid version uses a higher WINE version. (WINE 3.0)  This is probably the deal.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #149095 on: December 10, 2019, 08:48:33 am »

I have the legally purchased version. 

I did not use the legacy version, because it cannot create the opengl window. 

Instead, I used the normal 32bit version.  In the paid version, it works just great. It's not that expensive, and can run a lot more than just DF. (Can also run starcraft, diablo and diablo 2, etc...)

The paid version uses a higher WINE version. (WINE 3.0)  This is probably the deal.
Thank you for stating that you used the normal 32-bit version of DF. It works now and I've generated a pocket world in it. I was basically forced to download what amounts to a cracked version because Exagear isn't officially available where I live.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149096 on: December 10, 2019, 09:10:03 am »

Glad it's working for you!

The "escape" button is hard-coded to the back button.  Other than that, a bluetooth keyboard is all you need for mostly comfortable play.  You could maybe get away with hacker's keyboard IME, but meh.

Out of curiosity, what kind of phone are you doing this with?  My Galaxy 5S is "old" by modern standards, but so far is able to handle a fortress of 30 dwarves at ~11fps
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 09:13:20 am by wierd »

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #149097 on: December 10, 2019, 09:26:57 am »

I'm using a Galaxy A50. It's new (released in Q1 2019). I haven't tried Fort Mode, but it's somewhere between a Galaxy S6 and an S7 in benchmarks, so it should fare better than your phone.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #149098 on: December 10, 2019, 11:25:39 am »

Why the hell does shit-eating grin not mean a grin that is disgusted or otherwise uncomfortable.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149099 on: December 10, 2019, 11:46:17 am »

Same reason "Full of piss and vinegar" means someone who is energetic and peppy.
Pages: 1 ... 9938 9939 [9940] 9941 9942 ... 10974