Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9980 9981 [9982] 9983 9984 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997739 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #149715 on: January 24, 2020, 07:20:52 pm »

I just learned that there was a civil war ii in Marvel comic books. Why would they want to make a sequel to that terribleness?

Yeah, Marvel comics aren’t usually good enough for sequels.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149716 on: January 24, 2020, 07:33:49 pm »

wasn't CW 2 around the time the MCU did their CW movie?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149717 on: January 24, 2020, 07:46:37 pm »

I mean, the old Civil War was pretty successful. Not too surprising that they made another one.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149718 on: January 26, 2020, 08:14:25 am »

Apparently on Youtube you can't put kid's content on your Watch Later list or any other. Why?

Don't know the specifics, but Youtube made some changes to how stuff flagged as kid's content is treated not too long ago. If you watch it on a phone or tablet then it won't play kid's content in the miniplayer mode either.

Might be something to do with the flak they've been getting for letting shitty content keep getting highly recommended by the Youtube Kids algorithm.

The core point is that the entire thing people are asking for isn't viable. We want to upload whatever videos we want, instantly, no restrictions, yet somehow have everything perfectly moderated, for free. And we don't want the channels we like to ever get any content strikes, only the channels we don't like. The concept just doesn't work. It's a crazy thing to expect anything like that to work. Either they're too draconian and people get pissed that their favorite channel or videos got taken down and/or they're too lenient and they should dalek-exterminate all the channels we don't like in a hail of fire. At the same time.

People aren't willing to pay what it would cost for human moderation for Youtube. The same people who generally say "youtube should do something about all this bad content" also tend to go "oh hell no" to the idea that they should, for example, have more adverts to pay for something like that. The reason it works for broadcast TV is that everything is curated and from known sources. Something where people just upload "whatever" can't possible by cleaned up to broadcast TV levels of sanitization without forcing people to pay a lot more for the service, one way or the other. The only way it would be viable is if they end up with only "approved channels" and have a very low bar for striking out and getting your channel canceled.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 08:23:52 am by Reelya »

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149719 on: January 26, 2020, 09:00:10 am »

I hope Youtube does less about 'bad content' because it inevitably means massive overreaching bans and removals of videos.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149720 on: January 26, 2020, 11:40:37 am »

I hope Youtube does less about 'bad content' because it inevitably means massive overreaching bans and removals of videos.

Yeah, it turns out that companies like Google/Alphabet have political and social beliefs that boil down to "fuck the non-rich, give corporations more money" and letting them choose good and bad content turns out not the way you'd like.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149721 on: January 26, 2020, 03:27:53 pm »

Yeah, it turns out that companies like Google/Alphabet have political and social beliefs that boil down to "fuck the non-rich, give corporations more money" and letting them choose good and bad content turns out not the way you'd like.

But my child found a video of Dr Robotnik shouting PINGAS over and over!  PINGAS!  Can you imagine! How terrible!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #149722 on: January 26, 2020, 03:28:34 pm »

Kobe Bryant just died in a helicopter crash
Damn!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #149723 on: January 26, 2020, 05:12:44 pm »

Kobe Bryant just died in a helicopter crash
Damn!
And an MSNBC reporter probably just lost her job because she started to say "Knicks", then corrected herself into "Lakers" at the worst possible moment.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #149725 on: January 27, 2020, 05:35:10 am »

I want to find the clip but I'm afraid of searching for it
Love, scriver~

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #149726 on: January 27, 2020, 08:18:42 am »

Apparently on Youtube you can't put kid's content on your Watch Later list or any other. Why?

Don't know the specifics, but Youtube made some changes to how stuff flagged as kid's content is treated not too long ago. If you watch it on a phone or tablet then it won't play kid's content in the miniplayer mode either.

Might be something to do with the flak they've been getting for letting shitty content keep getting highly recommended by the Youtube Kids algorithm.

The core point is that the entire thing people are asking for isn't viable. We want to upload whatever videos we want, instantly, no restrictions, yet somehow have everything perfectly moderated, for free. And we don't want the channels we like to ever get any content strikes, only the channels we don't like. The concept just doesn't work. It's a crazy thing to expect anything like that to work. Either they're too draconian and people get pissed that their favorite channel or videos got taken down and/or they're too lenient and they should dalek-exterminate all the channels we don't like in a hail of fire. At the same time.

People aren't willing to pay what it would cost for human moderation for Youtube. The same people who generally say "youtube should do something about all this bad content" also tend to go "oh hell no" to the idea that they should, for example, have more adverts to pay for something like that. The reason it works for broadcast TV is that everything is curated and from known sources. Something where people just upload "whatever" can't possible by cleaned up to broadcast TV levels of sanitization without forcing people to pay a lot more for the service, one way or the other. The only way it would be viable is if they end up with only "approved channels" and have a very low bar for striking out and getting your channel canceled.
What does this have to do with a Watch Later list, though?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149727 on: January 27, 2020, 10:27:14 am »

Got a new chair. Cat immediately vomited on it. Looks like it's time to break out the aluminum foil again.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #149728 on: January 27, 2020, 10:38:51 am »

Got a new chair. Cat immediately vomited on it. Looks like it's time to break out the aluminum foil again.
...  Well, I guess you got the cat's opinion on your new chair.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149729 on: January 27, 2020, 10:41:20 am »

Yeah, they love it. They didn't touch my last chair. This one's already covered in fur.
Pages: 1 ... 9980 9981 [9982] 9983 9984 ... 10973