Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9988 9989 [9990] 9991 9992 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13004485 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #149835 on: January 31, 2020, 05:54:52 pm »

They'll been doing it since even before Tian square. Killing  protesters to disuade others is standard totalitarian method, one the communists are pretty adept at.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149836 on: January 31, 2020, 06:02:00 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 11:05:34 am by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149837 on: January 31, 2020, 06:18:49 pm »

They'll been doing it since even before Tian square. Killing  protesters to disuade others is standard totalitarian method, one the communists are pretty adept at.

stop the strawman your oppressors are richer than you, just becaus most people abuse left wing frame doesnt mean it isnt empircaly above.
Wat. I've re-read this a few times and it still makes no sense. Maybe I'm having a stroke or something idk.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #149838 on: January 31, 2020, 06:22:18 pm »

stop the strawman your oppressors are richer than you, just becaus most people abuse left wing frame doesnt mean it isnt empircaly above.
Wat. I've re-read this a few times and it still makes no sense. Maybe I'm having a stroke or something idk.   
Nice to see it’s not just Me.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #149839 on: January 31, 2020, 06:25:54 pm »

Nice to see it’s not just Me.
dragdeler is pointing out that Baal every single times conflates authoritarianism with The Left. And that is a bad take. Authoritarianism is bad, and sometimes authoritarians paint themselves red to seem better-looking.

Hell, Bolsonaro was elected throug the Partido Social Liberal (Social Liberal Party), despite being neither of those things.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #149840 on: January 31, 2020, 06:31:06 pm »

I mean, he's more badmouthing communism.
Which... in all its current manifestations is fair enough.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149841 on: January 31, 2020, 06:31:22 pm »

I did say authoritarian regimens first. I know not all are lefts, hard rigth wing bad regimens are true too. If you read my post I hate the left because of my personal experiences with it. But I also always preach for balance because the extremes are bad, no matter the side.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #149842 on: January 31, 2020, 06:32:19 pm »

I did say authoritarian regimens first. I know not all are lefts, hard rigth wing bad regimens are true too. If you read my post I hate the left because of my personal experiences with it. But I also always preach for balance because the extremes are bad, no matter the side.
This. So much this.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149843 on: January 31, 2020, 06:44:20 pm »

dragdeler is pointing out that Baal every single times conflates authoritarianism with The Left. And that is a bad take.
I dunno fam, try scraping together a decent-sized sample of the average vocal leftist from around the world, put them in charge of a government, and see what sort of governance they come up with. Obviously this is a purely hypothetical thought experiment given their lack of qualifications for such things, but still.   

In less-political WTFs: I actually have made some good inroads on packing today, starting with the ridiculous number of books in my room.
It's... weird becoming reacquainted with all these disparate volumes that have been lurking under my bed or in the middle of stacks that I am still yet to find time for. Hell, I haven't even gotten 'round to The Doors of Perception yet, and that's a fairly small book that's been floating around in my possession for years!
Maybe having to move is a good thing, in many ways.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149844 on: January 31, 2020, 06:45:38 pm »

This. So much this.
Agreed. Balance is important

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149845 on: January 31, 2020, 07:25:43 pm »

It's a case of "Hey, here's my opinion on this one narrow thing", but we all have more complex, overarching views. I know for a fact that Baal is more to the left than most Americans, economically and socially. But when it comes to leftist dictatorships, he's understandably angry.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149846 on: January 31, 2020, 07:52:01 pm »

Sure, well I guess I am. I know global warming is real, and I'm pro same sex civil marriage, religions have no bussisnes in law making and free education and social aid programs are good (as long it truly tries to teach to fish instead of being about giving the fish). Free basic health care is a must also.

Also survived with my family with less than 10$ on averge per month for... God way too long.

Just had a dejavu about this topic actually.

Edit: just to clarify, communist regimes have been ALL  been autoritarian and protester-killers.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 09:09:01 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #149847 on: January 31, 2020, 09:17:35 pm »

Edit: just to clarify, communist regimes have been ALL  been autoritarian and protester-killers.
Salvador Allende says hello
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149848 on: January 31, 2020, 09:23:12 pm »

Salvador Allende says hello
It’s sad that he killed himself

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149849 on: January 31, 2020, 09:25:50 pm »

He was democratically elected and ruled only three years before being brutally murdered (driven to suicide) by a future totalitarian. Hardly a communist regime there, just a communist guy elected via democratic elections.
Pages: 1 ... 9988 9989 [9990] 9991 9992 ... 10974