Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9989 9990 [9991] 9992 9993 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12996486 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #149850 on: February 01, 2020, 02:13:47 am »

PRC wasn't Communist since forever. They simply use red stars for aesthetics and have Communist party in charge*. They're, by any means, a far-right government.

*And the party has moved from the Communism completely since Deng Xiaoping and his market reforms.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #149851 on: February 01, 2020, 03:49:21 am »

left:
some people are strong, some people are weak, society is best when the strong support the weak.

right:
some people are strong, some people are weak, society is best when you let the strong do whatever they want.

reality:
some people are strong, some people are weak, the strong do what they want regardless of society's best interests.

FIFY
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149852 on: February 01, 2020, 08:20:32 am »

left:
some people are strong, some people are weak, society is best when the strong support the weak.

right:
some people are strong, some people are weak, society is best when you let the strong do whatever they want.

reality:
some people are strong, some people are weak, the strong do what they want regardless of society's best interests.

FIFY
This looks like an accurate assesssment

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149853 on: February 01, 2020, 09:47:36 am »

Strong/weak seems like an odd way of looking at it tbh. Rich/poor might be closer to the mark, if it's got to be a dichotomy.
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #149854 on: February 01, 2020, 10:04:46 am »

The rich aren't rich because they're more powerful, they're  rich because they're descended from the rich.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149855 on: February 01, 2020, 10:05:42 am »

But they are more powerful for being rich!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #149856 on: February 01, 2020, 10:08:56 am »

Strong/weak seems like an odd way of looking at it tbh. Rich/poor might be closer to the mark, if it's got to be a dichotomy.
Especially since wealth tends to make you weaker, and reliant upon the strong for protection against the numerous and poor

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #149857 on: February 01, 2020, 10:35:49 am »

Especially since wealth tends to make you weaker, and reliant upon the strong for protection against the numerous and poor

Filthy peasant hands, always trying to pillage our hard-earned capital! *adjusts monocle*
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #149858 on: February 01, 2020, 11:14:47 am »

Filthy peasant hands, always trying to pillage our hard-earned capital! *adjusts monocle*
It's funny because the strong usually end up realising the rich are dependent upon them, seizing their wealth and becoming the new rich. Until the new strong do the same unto them in the future

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #149859 on: February 01, 2020, 11:20:41 am »

Eat the rich!

Sell richburgers to the poor!

Make money! Become rich!

Get ea
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149860 on: February 01, 2020, 11:26:28 am »

What will we do when money becomes not needed? Right now our economy is based on humans working to receive money to buy what they need/want. When machines do work instead, how will humans get the money to get what they need?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149861 on: February 01, 2020, 11:29:41 am »

Planned obsolescence for us. We'll become useless but as a low grade lubricant source for our new machine overlords.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149862 on: February 01, 2020, 11:32:01 am »

Planned obsolescence for us. We'll become useless but as a low grade lubricant source for our new machine overlords.
Oh thank god, a purpose at last.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149863 on: February 01, 2020, 11:33:48 am »

What will we do when money becomes not needed? Right now our economy is based on humans working to receive money to buy what they need/want. When machines do work instead, how will humans get the money to get what they need?

We'll obviate the need for work and grant life artificial meaning by placing hooking up people's brains to an Matrix-like alternate reality game. In this game, people are arbitrarily mortal, have arbitrary ethical values to uphold, and have to survive by compromising those values by selling their precious time and efforts working dismal jobs for their whole lives and... fuck we're in it right now aren't we?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149864 on: February 01, 2020, 11:34:52 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 11:05:08 am by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 9989 9990 [9991] 9992 9993 ... 10973