Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10010 10011 [10012] 10013 10014 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998471 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #150165 on: February 18, 2020, 05:53:11 pm »

Yeah that flipping-action helps a lot.  There's still a useful image of the lights behind, but I think it's a reflection off the mirror's glass shell rather than off the metal sheet underneath.  So it's far duller.  Pretty clever arrangement!

But the side-mirrors still catch so much.  It really impairs peripheral awareness and is uncomfortable.  I'm pretty sensitive to sunny days, the last thing I want is a headlight reflected into my eyes when they're in night-mode.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #150166 on: February 18, 2020, 06:08:00 pm »

So I just had a bit of a blast from the past memory...

Y'all remember Mighty Max? Y'know, the little action playsets that folded up into a scary head of the big bad guy the particular set featured? Man, those were great kids toys...

...especially the one where a giant gorilla just straight up steps on a dude and gorily pulverizes his body while he screams in agony, COMPLETELY SEVERING HIS LEG IN A PUDDLE OF BLOOD.

The 90's were fuckin' wild, dude.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #150167 on: February 18, 2020, 06:14:17 pm »

Was that the episode where Max tries to explain the value of technology, like telephones, and the gorillas proudly say they just shout real loud to communicate at distance?

I didn't get to watch much cartoons (none at home) and it's weird what stuck with me.
yay, VR troopers
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #150168 on: February 18, 2020, 06:23:27 pm »

I wouldn't know, I think I might've seen part of one episode in my time? I mostly just had the toys.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #150169 on: February 18, 2020, 06:39:47 pm »

... huh. I actually did have one of those toys. The triceratops one. They were indeed pretty neat.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #150170 on: February 18, 2020, 08:40:24 pm »

... huh. I actually did have one of those toys. The triceratops one. They were indeed pretty neat.
[In the language of the Uyo] I had the triceratops as well. That means I must be you
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150171 on: February 18, 2020, 09:05:10 pm »

In a personal WTF, this review seems to indicate that a forgeworld model that costs 130 pounds comes in a goddamn bag, how bloody cheap do you have to be to not put the damn fragile thing into a goddamn cardboard box

It's been a few years since I ordered anything from FW, but I recall items coming in a branded bag that was in a fairly plain branded box that was itself inside a shipping box.

Didn't stop the item being somewhat warped, webbed with casting flash and having a few small air bubbles in it. FW resin is actually one of the materials I've most hated working with, only beaten out by GW finecast resin and metal.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150172 on: February 18, 2020, 09:23:03 pm »

[In the language of the Uyo] I had the triceratops as well. That means I must be you

I remember having... two of those things myself. A snake-thing, and I don't remember what the other was. With all the childhood memories I've tried really hard to suppress, I'm actually pretty surprised I remembered that, and so easily too.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150173 on: February 18, 2020, 10:57:03 pm »

I remember having... two of those things myself. A snake-thing, and I don't remember what the other was. With all the childhood memories I've tried really hard to suppress, I'm actually pretty surprised I remembered that, and so easily too.

I've got a bunch of those. My favorite ones probably the one in the shape of a scorpion. There's also one like a big spider and another like a rotting, severed hand.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150174 on: February 19, 2020, 12:01:59 am »

I've got a bunch of those. My favorite ones probably the one in the shape of a scorpion. There's also one like a big spider and another like a rotting, severed hand.
Can you post pictures of them? I would like to see them, they sound interesting

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150175 on: February 19, 2020, 12:13:48 am »

I'll have to unearth them but sure. I'll take some photos and upload sometime.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150176 on: February 19, 2020, 05:05:37 am »

Heck yeah, Mighty Max! I miss Mattel and the goodies they came up with.
I had a bunch of those playsets. The zombie hand, a giant shark, a uh... wait, I can't really remember the others. Pretty sure there was a black flying saucer and a big mummy (as in, reanimated Ancient Egyptian-style mummified corpse), but one or more of them may have been off-brand or bootleg ones.   

Actually pretty sure I still have most/all of those toys in storage somewhere.
Fun fact: the zombie hand one featured in a recurring dream (I hesitate to use the word "nightmare", since it was fairly tame compared to most of the scary dreams I had pretty much nightly at the time) I had several times as a kid. Basically it was just a shot of the hand itself, but much larger, more realistic and all the various critters and creeps lurking in it were real, alive and moving about in their gruesome surroundings.   

Edit: after a bit of googling, I believe the mummy one was actually a giant snake temple-thing, which an undead Pharaoh lived(?) inside of.   
Also I saw a giant spider and a brown cyborg skull with pointy ears that I remember having, too. I had at least one dream involving a giant spider around that time, but I doubt it was inspired by the toy. Spiders seemed pretty dang scary in those days.   

...Oh, more familiar faces! I also had Lava Beast, Pharaoh Phang and Cybot. The absurdly-named Battle Conqueror looks rather familiar, too.
Yes, I've wound up on some weird site that reviews old toys, complete with their actual names, haha. How much deeper is this rabbit hole gonna take me?     
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 05:12:38 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150177 on: February 19, 2020, 11:57:59 am »

There are not-great pictures on Wikipedia, but they give you the idea (snake unfolds into snake-themed temple). You might be able to find better pictures if you look up the Polly Pocket versions, which I think were the same but for girls.

Edit: They needed a different toy line because for some reason the type of dolls you play with depends on what genitals you have (no, not gender. People who care that much won't care what the kids want).
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 01:17:19 pm by Iduno »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150178 on: February 19, 2020, 01:05:07 pm »

Mighty Max got dark as fuck sometimes.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #150179 on: February 19, 2020, 02:12:10 pm »

Apparently, there's surgery to unbreak the hymen of women so that they can count as a virgin again.
Do people not understand having an unbroken hymen and being a virgin are a correlation, not an equation?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 10010 10011 [10012] 10013 10014 ... 10974