Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10045 10046 [10047] 10048 10049 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998589 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #150690 on: March 27, 2020, 09:20:17 am »

Walking Dead probably had some characters that made it big.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150691 on: March 27, 2020, 01:49:15 pm »

Apparently, there are new nonbinary heroes in Marvel's New Warriors called Safespace and Snowflake and they thought it would be good representation.
How did they think this was a good idea?

They're being made by straight white men. How do you think?

Well...

The artist is LGBTQ themselves. Presumably the creator thought it was good as an ironic sort of thing.

Well, one of us heard wrong. I can't find any information either way, but who knows. Looks like he pissed off neo-nazis (always a good thing) because he's Jewish, but that's a different thing.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150692 on: March 27, 2020, 02:07:06 pm »

I feel like the WTF board passed over the mention of Snowflame and his cocaine-based powerset too quickly.

So here he is.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #150693 on: March 27, 2020, 02:13:25 pm »

I feel like the WTF board passed over the mention of Snowflame and his cocaine-based powerset too quickly.

So here he is.

I... Well then.

...DC? New movie soon? Please?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #150694 on: March 27, 2020, 02:14:47 pm »

Snowflake should be his rebellious teenage hero daugther
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150695 on: March 27, 2020, 03:13:29 pm »

So here he is.
what? Hey, that reminds me of Sakurio, Sakura, Sakuria, the character from the long named game on these forums who lives on matic cocaine

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #150696 on: March 27, 2020, 04:57:44 pm »

So here he is.
what? Hey, that reminds me of Sakurio, Sakura, Sakuria, the character from the long named game on these forums who lives on matic cocaine

What's the game?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150697 on: March 27, 2020, 05:40:27 pm »

Tengoku No Owan something
One of the characters has magic cocaine in her blood and will literally die without it

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150698 on: March 27, 2020, 05:54:53 pm »

One of the characters has magic cocaine in her blood and will literally die without it

Tengoku no Owari (天国の終わり) isn't a long name. This is the longest book title i could find:

"Nuiage! Nugashite? Kisekaeru!! Kanojo ga Koukou Debut ni Shippai shite Hikikomoritokashita no de, Ore ga Fashion wo Coordinate suru Koto ni" (縫い上げ!脱がして?着せかえる!! 彼女が高校デビューに失敗して引きこもりと化したので、俺が青春〈ファッション〉をコーディネートすることに。)

(EDIT: note that for Japanese novels the length of the title is roughly inversely proportional to how good the book is. They got to the point that the titles are now the entire plot synopsis: "I got reincarnated as a cat and gained superpowers, now I protect the city from rat monsters" (fakeexample) ).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 05:59:24 pm by Reelya »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150699 on: March 27, 2020, 05:57:38 pm »

Tengoku no Owari (天国の終わり) isn't a long name. This is the longest book title i could find:

"Nuiage! Nugashite? Kisekaeru!! Kanojo ga Koukou Debut ni Shippai shite Hikikomoritokashita no de, Ore ga Fashion wo Coordinate suru Koto ni" (縫い上げ!脱がして?着せかえる!! 彼女が高校デビューに失敗して引きこもりと化したので、俺が青春〈ファッション〉をコーディネートすることに。)
ok. Fair enough, at the time of posting I didn’t remember the word thst stsrted with T. That is a long book title

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150700 on: March 27, 2020, 06:12:47 pm »

(EDIT: note that for Japanese novels the length of the title is roughly inversely proportional to how good the book is. They got to the point that the titles are now the entire plot synopsis: "I got reincarnated as a cat and gained superpowers, now I protect the city from rat monsters" (fakeexample) ).

See also, the full title to Ladykiller in a Bind.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150701 on: March 27, 2020, 06:19:20 pm »

Google says that this long you found, translated to English, is “ Sewing! Remove me? Kisekae! ! Because the lantern was soaked in the air, I decided to give it a shot.”

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150702 on: March 27, 2020, 06:26:55 pm »

How ... did you manage to translate it so bad. I put that into Google Translate myself and got this:

"Sew up! Take it off? Dress up !! She failed to make her high school debut and became a withdrawal, so I decided to coordinate youth <fashion>"

Which is much closer to the actual intended title.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150703 on: March 27, 2020, 06:29:05 pm »

Detect language said Japanese, and it said that, what language was it?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150704 on: March 27, 2020, 06:49:36 pm »

Hellboy's only 27 years old!
Oh heck! That's a good example! I've never read too much Hellboy but he definitely got "big". Big enough to be played by goddamn Ron Perlman, even.   
Also, he had a crossover with The Goon, so clearly that means The Goon is also big-time. Yay.   

I feel like I should re-iterate that none of the characters I mentioned were superheroes. Marvel and DC =/= the comics industry. Most all of their modern books suck big buckets of Kryptonite sewage. Publishers like Image, Darkhorse and the small-timers are where it's at.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 10045 10046 [10047] 10048 10049 ... 10974