Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10046 10047 [10048] 10049 10050 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13167034 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #150705 on: March 27, 2020, 06:51:48 pm »

Detect language said Japanese, and it said that, what language was it?
Try translating the text as it is written with Japanese characters, not the romanised version.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150706 on: March 27, 2020, 07:19:09 pm »

It's, uh, it's not a contest, Reelya. For those who don't know the language, 'longish name starting with a T' is a pretty good estimate.

I'm not saying it's a contest, but Tengoku no Owari is really only two words (no just means "of", so the title means Heaven's End), it's about as short as a title can be, unless you shorten that to "Heaven" or "The end". The Lord of the Rings is longer.

I get what you're saying: "long title? That's not a long title, this is a long title" would be dickish, if the person had presented a reasonably long title to start with. "Tengoku no Owari" isn't very long. "Test of Strength" would be a similarly long title in English.

The point was, it's a pretty short title whichever language you speak. Adding in the really long title was only for fun, not a comparative thing.

Detect language said Japanese, and it said that, what language was it?
Try translating the text as it is written with Japanese characters, not the romanised version.
Oh yeah, that would explain the problem.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 07:31:49 pm by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #150707 on: March 27, 2020, 07:45:13 pm »

Hellboy's only 27 years old!
Oh heck! That's a good example! I've never read too much Hellboy but he definitely got "big". Big enough to be played by goddamn Ron Perlman, even.   
Also, he had a crossover with The Goon, so clearly that means The Goon is also big-time. Yay.   

I feel like I should re-iterate that none of the characters I mentioned were superheroes. Marvel and DC =/= the comics industry. Most all of their modern books suck big buckets of Kryptonite sewage. Publishers like Image, Darkhorse and the small-timers are where it's at.   

I'm sorry but comics isn't anywhere near where it's at at any point :P
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150708 on: March 27, 2020, 10:13:17 pm »

I'm not sure what your idea of "it" is, but it sounds like you've been reading the wrong comics. :(   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150709 on: March 27, 2020, 10:33:16 pm »

More weirdness to pass the time/break your brain from one of the foremost internet archeologists. It's a lot of Internet, though, so use your judgement.

Although I think the human skeleton turned out to have been a wooden replica, which is more interesting, but less horrifying and less common.

I thank you for this contribution to my encyclopedic knowledge of weird and disturbing Internet things. Now please sign this restraining order, preferably while delivering another truckload of threads like this

She found the terrible thing she was looking for, and added it to that megathread. "Enjoy"?  Plus, I'm loving her current name, and that she included a bunch of cat pictures in the middle of the megathread to heal your brain enough to trudge through the rest.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150710 on: March 27, 2020, 10:40:34 pm »

the human skeleton turned out to have been a wooden replica

For the shortest split second my mind processed this as you saying that everyone has a wooden skeleton.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150711 on: March 27, 2020, 11:04:20 pm »

I love this man's poor decisions. https://twitter.com/MilesKlee/status/1243006106084888576 and https://twitter.com/MilesKlee/status/1243259906209153024 Stupid things like this are most of why I go look people up on twitter (also, intoxication) like once a week.

the human skeleton turned out to have been a wooden replica

For the shortest split second my mind processed this as you saying that everyone has a wooden skeleton.

I probably like your version better.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #150712 on: March 28, 2020, 12:12:02 am »

Hellboy's only 27 years old!
Oh heck! That's a good example! I've never read too much Hellboy but he definitely got "big". Big enough to be played by goddamn Ron Perlman, even.   
Also, he had a crossover with The Goon, so clearly that means The Goon is also big-time. Yay.

Hellboy was even in Injustice 2, although he looks weird as his big hand keeps swapping where it is.

He's also one of few indie comics made in Heroclix, along with Judge Dredd and (technically) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #150713 on: March 28, 2020, 01:33:09 pm »

Well, one of us heard wrong. I can't find any information either way, but who knows. Looks like he pissed off neo-nazis (always a good thing) because he's Jewish, but that's a different thing.
So the series appears to be the New Warriors, and the two names I can find as responsible for this garbage are the artist and the writer.

This is the artist's twitter.

'Artist on Marvel Comics’ New Warriors, Ironheart and more 🇦🇷🏳️‍🌈💖Queer, Argentinian, Marika y Sudaca comic book artist and illustrator. Mostly he/him.'

This is the writer's twitter, and to be fair I can't find anything on him either way (bar him being married to a woman.)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150714 on: March 28, 2020, 02:18:10 pm »

Well, one of us heard wrong. I can't find any information either way, but who knows. Looks like he pissed off neo-nazis (always a good thing) because he's Jewish, but that's a different thing.
So the series appears to be the New Warriors, and the two names I can find as responsible for this garbage are the artist and the writer.

This is the artist's twitter.

'Artist on Marvel Comics’ New Warriors, Ironheart and more 🇦🇷🏳️‍🌈💖Queer, Argentinian, Marika y Sudaca comic book artist and illustrator. Mostly he/him.'

This is the writer's twitter, and to be fair I can't find anything on him either way (bar him being married to a woman.)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I found the same about the writer. Didn't find anything about the artist, which explains why I didn't find the thing.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #150715 on: March 28, 2020, 06:11:33 pm »

So I live in New York. We have been getting phonecalls. Quite often. I pick up, sometimes my sister picks up. If we don't pick up, the phone continues ringing, and immediately ringing again when that does not work. So we pick up, and it is opinion research on the Coronavirus. The first time, my sister did what they wanted, filled it out and everything. Great. Except phonecalls keep coming. Often. Some six, seven, eight in the last three days? Again, just now, 7PM on a Saturday evening, the phone starts ringing and doesn't stop til I pick it up. "Hello, this is Opinion Research asking about your views about the Coronavirus. How likely do you think you are to contract..." is all I hear before I shout "I DON't WANT ANY" and hang up.

What, do they want us to fill it out multiple times? Is it from different companies? Do they have any clue what they want? The answer to all of these questions remains unknown.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150716 on: March 28, 2020, 06:34:52 pm »

So I live in New York. We have been getting phonecalls. Quite often. I pick up, sometimes my sister picks up. If we don't pick up, the phone continues ringing, and immediately ringing again when that does not work. So we pick up, and it is opinion research on the Coronavirus. The first time, my sister did what they wanted, filled it out and everything. Great. Except phonecalls keep coming. Often. Some six, seven, eight in the last three days? Again, just now, 7PM on a Saturday evening, the phone starts ringing and doesn't stop til I pick it up. "Hello, this is Opinion Research asking about your views about the Coronavirus. How likely do you think you are to contract..." is all I hear before I shout "I DON't WANT ANY" and hang up.

What, do they want us to fill it out multiple times? Is it from different companies? Do they have any clue what they want? The answer to all of these questions remains unknown.

Telling them everyone already died probably won't help, and telling them you already did their thing probably doesn't help. Sometimes with call centers, if you're a big enough jerk, they'll take you off their list so nobody has to talk to you again. I'd try the second option first, but if that doesn't work...

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #150717 on: March 28, 2020, 07:38:04 pm »

cacodemon dislikes smoke
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #150718 on: March 28, 2020, 07:38:59 pm »

One step from Eden game. Megaman Battle Network, the slay the spire style roguelite, basically. Has a category of sword/dash/etc. cards. Called slashfik. Damnit game >_<

For those unaware, slash fic is short for slash fiction, a subgenre of (generally fan, but not always these days) fiction focused on homosexual relationships, almost always male on male (female on female gets femslash or somethin') and probably more likely than not to be fairly explicit. There's a neat history going on with it tracing all the way back to some of the earliest modern fanfiction that involved kirk/spock star trek smut, but eh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #150719 on: March 28, 2020, 07:58:47 pm »

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 10046 10047 [10048] 10049 10050 ... 10983