Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10059 10060 [10061] 10062 10063 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13006346 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #150900 on: April 08, 2020, 10:41:43 pm »

The pants-shitting abusive transphobe who occasionally craps out gross RPG supplements, Zak S, is getting litigious. If you play RPGs and haven't heard of the guy, I envy you.

Getting?

As in, lawsuits are actually happening instead of just internet tough guy blustering.

And he won. And then bragged about it. Because yay commonwealth defamation laws.

His suit against the ex that he abused is apparently still ongoing.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #150901 on: April 09, 2020, 12:09:32 am »

Heeeey, gonna sound weird, but does anyone know, offhandedly, how much influence muslem cutlure had in the development of russian architecture and music?

this is, like, my longest standing drunk question, and Im entertaining it tonight.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150902 on: April 09, 2020, 12:41:04 am »

At least for the iconic onion-shaped domes, there's some evidence they've been around since in Russia about the time of the mongol invasions. However the problem there is that islamic nations didn't get those sorts of domes for another 2-300 years.

EDIT: Pretty much all the evidence points to Russia taking a large amount of influence from Byzantine architecture, not islamic. Though Islam assimilated a lot of that architecture too, themselves.

As for music, Russian Orthodox music not surprisingly also turns out to heavily influenced by Byzantine music.

For folk music, the most wide-spread influence was actually the Romany, that pervades pretty much everything:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_music
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 12:47:47 am by Reelya »

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #150903 on: April 09, 2020, 07:09:14 am »

I got a new pendrive today. Its indicator light appears to be violet. While it's not an eye-searing blue, it's still fairly close to blue on the visible spectrum. I don't know what to feel about this color. Should I like that it's not blue for once, or should I deride SanDisk for not just going further and looping all the way to a pleasant red?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #150904 on: April 09, 2020, 07:16:09 am »

You should appreciate it's purple, the Best Color, and discard other considerations. Though being not!blue is a step in the right direction regardless I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #150905 on: April 09, 2020, 07:31:47 am »

Purple? Best Color? I'd disagree, red is Best Color. It's furthest away from blue, the Worst Color, so red must be the Best Color.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150906 on: April 09, 2020, 07:33:26 am »

I do like purple though, the darker purples are very calming

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #150907 on: April 09, 2020, 07:36:10 am »

Purple? Best Color? I'd disagree, red is Best Color. It's furthest away from blue, the Worst Color, so red must be the Best Color.

Even red doesn’t think red is the best colour. Anything that appears red absorbs all the other wavelengths but the one that appears red.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150908 on: April 09, 2020, 07:43:01 am »

I got a new pendrive today. Its indicator light appears to be violet. While it's not an eye-searing blue, it's still fairly close to blue on the visible spectrum. I don't know what to feel about this color. Should I like that it's not blue for once, or should I deride SanDisk for not just going further and looping all the way to a pleasant red?
I second this. Whoever is behind the stupid high-color-temperature movement needs to be given a stern talking-to.

This even happens in vehicle dashboards these days - lots of white and blue, destroys night vision.  Don't even get me started about the solar-flares as headlights nonsense.

It may seem trivial, but one of the things that influenced my vehicle purchase decision is the dashboard in my vehicle is red-on-black.  The needles are still white, but all the text is red.   Luckily it is "soft" white and I can dim them a ton.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #150909 on: April 09, 2020, 07:45:55 am »

Even red doesn’t think red is the best colour. Anything that appears red absorbs all the other wavelengths but the one that appears red.

That applies for reflected color, if I understand it correctly. LEDs, though, emit a single wavelength of light (give or take). Red LEDs like the color so much that they only emit red light and basically nothing else so long as they're powered.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150910 on: April 09, 2020, 08:53:25 am »

Electrical tape. It doesn't answer the question you asked, but it does solve the problem without (de)soldering.

You should appreciate it's purple, the Best Color, and discard other considerations. Though being not!blue is a step in the right direction regardless I guess.

Logically, 740 nm red is the best color we can perceive.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #150911 on: April 09, 2020, 06:28:34 pm »

Got my card usage listing thingy from the bank for last month, pretty much everything checks out, except a single item listed on March 10th, 6 bucks for Amazon Video or something. Thing is, I don't remember buying anything off of amazon back then, it might've been a site that was using their service maybe? But I have no confirmation e-mails of any purchase done on that date. Nor have I written anything down in my little money-tracking booklet. It's more baffling than upsetting really, was the purchase so trivial that I forgot about it a month later? The card might be compromised? But if  it was, I'd have seen it drained sooner maybe? And I've had money sitting on it for a month now and nothing else happened, so I doubt it's that.

Real strange tbh.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #150912 on: April 09, 2020, 06:30:26 pm »

Got my card usage listing thingy from the bank for last month, pretty much everything checks out, except a single item listed on March 10th, 6 bucks for Amazon Video or something. Thing is, I don't remember buying anything off of amazon back then, it might've been a site that was using their service maybe? But I have no confirmation e-mails of any purchase done on that date. Nor have I written anything down in my little money-tracking booklet. It's more baffling than upsetting really, was the purchase so trivial that I forgot about it a month later? The card might be compromised? But if  it was, I'd have seen it drained sooner maybe? And I've had money sitting on it for a month now and nothing else happened, so I doubt it's that.

Real strange tbh.
Maybe it's an Identity Thief that wants to take just a little money instead of alerting people?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150913 on: April 09, 2020, 06:32:34 pm »

Real strange tbh.
It's quite common for card scammers to start small to see if you notice. You can always request a new card, but at least keep an eye on it.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #150914 on: April 09, 2020, 06:51:03 pm »

Yeah, what's more baffling is that it would mean that one of the like, 5-6 places I've used the card on have been compromised, because I got no idea how it could've gotten out otherwise, I'm the only one to ever use the damn thing and it never leaves my wallet besides that. And I've not seen anything about shit like Steam or E-bay being compromised lately :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 10059 10060 [10061] 10062 10063 ... 10974