Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10110 10111 [10112] 10113 10114 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13000151 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #151665 on: May 26, 2020, 11:52:51 am »

Boner and Clit would have been a massive improvement on that tittle.

And well, I speak from my experience, being a heaten scum I managed to marry a girl that comes from... what is our version of protestant christianity, Got ma fair share of contact with religious fundies in there. While sure it was a mayor goship among all of them and maybe at one time they migth have been tempted to wipe out the torches and sticks most of them, most of the time were pretty polite and didnt really care much.

They did tried to control her out of the relationship, the church guys, not her family. They told her I was going to fucker, leaver her pregnant and most likely deseased and never come back againg.

That happened to almost all her church friends, the ones they didnt managed to force married anyway.

For all this "horror"(and this is a short version), it was inflicted by a pretty small group of those guys, half of then new converts, the other half part of the leadership of e church.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151666 on: May 26, 2020, 11:54:18 am »

Randomly- any grammar nazis able to lend a hand?
I've got ^ these things in my writing. They seem to occupy some weird space between a comma and a bracket. Especially for -in the case of formal writing- adding in extra bits which might be out of sequence in a sentence, but are 'more important' than bracketed stuff.

I think they're illegal? But I keep using them because I don't know of anything better. Are they kosher? Should I be using them? I don't want to lose marks because professors are reading my stuff and going 'wtf is with all of this dude's hyphens?'

https://www.grammarerrors.com/punctuation/dashes-hyphens/

https://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/dashes.asp

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #151667 on: May 26, 2020, 03:24:10 pm »

Yes -- it's supposed to be a long "-" but somebody on this forum made a convincing argument that you can youse double dashes instead. Or I guess double hyphens according to that article. Also pls space correctly :P
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #151668 on: May 26, 2020, 04:06:21 pm »

Stopped at a 4-way intersection. Ahead, two women and a little girl make to cross the street. The women move. I start to go. The little girl stops, still on the sidewalk, and waits. So I stop in the middle of the street to wait for them. One of the women notices the girl isn't following and turns back to her, trying to coax her across the street. I wait. The first woman, who looks like Amy Winehouse, continues walking. More coaxing. I wait. The woman who turned back to the kid keeps coaxing. I wait. She gives up, continues crossing the street while the little girl waits at the corner. Finally, I go, using the enormous gap between the women walking and the curb, with the little girl safely on the sidewalk.

Cue Amy Winehouse, who can only be the mother, turning to me as I start driving and screeching FUCK YOU as I drive by.

Was too busy on her phone to even pay attention to her kid, who was clearly terrified of crossing the street, so when I drive at a completely reasonable and unangry pace after having sat in the middle of the street for 45 seconds, now I'm the asshole.

Poor kid. Their mom is clearly a basket case.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 04:14:44 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151669 on: May 26, 2020, 04:31:05 pm »

I use "--" rather frequently in formal writing. Some document editors automatically convert "--" into an em dash, which is the correct punctuation.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151670 on: May 27, 2020, 01:27:20 am »

Anyone have any strong ideas about what a dwarf fortress civilization of 'satyrs' would use as ethics?  Ive decided the elves need a pseudo-ally, and went with satyrs for lack of a better mountain compatible creature.  That isnt a gnome and fits the aesthetic of the game.  'Hawk Men', based loosely on the critter from the Ogre Battle franchise is a second choice, but they come with their own complications.

Anywho, they use wood, but limit it via a lack of certain jobs and reactions.  They are inspired by Pan, in that they are rabidly licentious and staunchly pro-individual, to the point where the most labor-intensive jobs dont get done.  They use a combination of savage and more civilized approaches to life, true to their half man half beast nature.  And I want them to have a preference for peace but a vengeful and dark side to reflect the medieval renditions of them.   Despite being a good and elven aligned creature.

Physically they inherit some traits from goats, climbing and the deadliest weapon of the game 'horn'.  They represent, in my head, rogues most closely, and given their dwarven size and weaker frame I forbid heavier weapons anyway.  They use 'classical' tools and weapons and armors, including limited civilian garb.

just tossing around some ideas.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 01:29:23 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #151671 on: May 27, 2020, 04:40:52 am »

Goats eat everything
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151672 on: May 27, 2020, 08:51:48 am »

Make them ultra horny as clasic satirs. That would be their best weapon.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151673 on: May 27, 2020, 09:07:54 am »

Their phallus shall be as a sword.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #151674 on: May 27, 2020, 09:20:36 am »

When enough of them gather for combat, they release a syndrome cloud which befuddles and confuses their enemies. This is to simulate the bacchanal fervour which they inspire. Naturally, as this mainly revolves around drunkenness, Dwarves would be at least partially immune.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #151675 on: May 27, 2020, 09:21:59 am »

Dwarves aren't immune to being drunk, it just powers them up.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151676 on: May 27, 2020, 09:22:46 am »

Okay. So, for Dwarves it triggers immediate martial trance?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151677 on: May 27, 2020, 09:29:15 am »

I had actual food cravings for lawn weeds yesterday.  I cant wait for real garden produce to set this right.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #151678 on: May 27, 2020, 09:32:58 am »

I had actual food cravings for lawn weeds yesterday.  I cant wait for real garden produce to set this right.

Ever read The Lawnmower Man?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151679 on: May 27, 2020, 09:33:42 am »

Read it? He lives it!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 10110 10111 [10112] 10113 10114 ... 10974