Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10114 10115 [10116] 10117 10118 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999036 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #151725 on: June 03, 2020, 05:07:38 am »

Smart move. Harvesting the rebark is very profitable.
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151726 on: June 03, 2020, 05:20:28 am »

dumbfucks.... ... ... I dont even.
They ether burnt or buried all their trash then buried the remains, I guess needles didn't go in the burn pile but instead went in the straight into the dirt pile.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151727 on: June 03, 2020, 08:58:30 am »

The fuck is wrong with kpop? Is it a bunch of ignoramuses with no filter who regurgitate every single worthless thought that they have?

Exhibit A

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151728 on: June 03, 2020, 09:03:37 am »

Korean Pop?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #151729 on: June 03, 2020, 09:13:45 am »

Looks more like Ku-Klux pop to me
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #151730 on: June 03, 2020, 09:16:07 am »

The Ku-Klux-Klassics of the (18)60's! Now that's what I call racism!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151731 on: June 03, 2020, 10:20:15 am »

The fuck is wrong with kpop? Is it a bunch of ignoramuses with no filter who regurgitate every single worthless thought that they have?

Exhibit A

I googled it, the actual story here is that kpop fans are spamming tags like WhiteLivesMatters and MAGA with memes and pics of Korean pop singers.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/k-pop-fans-twitter-whitelivesmatter-hashtag-racist-a9546866.html

K-Pop fans have helped drown out a racist hashtag on Twitter by flooding it with clips of their favourite artists.

As protests continue across the US in the wake of the death of George Floyd, the K-Pop community took it upon itself to ensure that the #whitelivesmatter hashtag wouldn’t be used to amplify the racist messages that typically accompany it.

To that end, K-Pop fans have been using the hashtag and attaching it to videos of artists performing on stage.

Specifically, many have been sharing fancams, ie close-up footage of a member of a specific band during a show.

Some have accompanied the videos with messages such as “We don’t stan racism” or “Say no to racism, say yes to fancam”.

More stuff in this one, but for other hashtags:
https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/3/21278950/k-pop-stans-social-media-flooding-hashtags-bluelivesmatter-maga

K-pop stans have a fearsome reputation online, able to mobilize in vast numbers in support of their chosen cause. Usually that just means spreading the gospel of K-pop, but as protests have erupted across America in response to the police killing of George Floyd, and President Trump has threatened to send in the military against those on the streets, fans have found a new cause: flooding right-wing hashtags like #MAGA and #BlueLivesMatter with memes, GIFs, and videos of their favorite K-pop artists.

This recent political activation seems to have started after the Dallas Police Department asked the public on Sunday to submit videos of “illegal activity from the protests” via a dedicated app. Stans responded by submitting K-pop content including fancams (short, fan-recorded clips of artists) and Dallas PD were eventually forced to take down the app.

Now it seems the stans are turning their attention on right-wing hashtags more generally. Browsing Twitter or Instagram for hashtags like #MAGA and #BlueLivesMatter shows that the most recent posts are full of K-pop fancams and memes that mock these causes. Other stan groups like the Barbz, who support Nicki Minaj, are also getting involved. (Although the top posts, those that are most engaged with, still usually come from sincere supporters.)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 10:24:47 am by Reelya »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151732 on: June 03, 2020, 10:34:34 am »

Any good results from that are likely coincidental seeing as they've also flooded hashtags raising awareness of various forms of abuse in the past. I doubt they've suddenly acquired self-awareness.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151733 on: June 03, 2020, 10:38:07 am »

Yeah, but there's a problem with that logic. Those "hashtags raising awareness of various forms of abuse" may have had a limited audience and would be mostly preaching to the choir, in general.

Spamming a tag with nonsense would probably do more to raise awareness of that topic in general due to causing it to trend, than the regular posts ever did.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151734 on: June 03, 2020, 10:42:43 am »

I will never and refuse to understand people's need to use tags

#tagfree
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151735 on: June 03, 2020, 11:34:32 am »

What is a stan?
Love, scriver~

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151736 on: June 03, 2020, 11:34:58 am »

What is a stan?
Tireless supporter/fan, basically.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151737 on: June 03, 2020, 11:40:36 am »

For Stan from American Dad?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151738 on: June 03, 2020, 11:41:18 am »

All I'm thinking of is the eminem song where his fan Stan kills his girlfriend
Love, scriver~

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile