Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10121 10122 [10123] 10124 10125 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13174773 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #151830 on: June 09, 2020, 05:42:36 pm »

Y'kno today I almost went a whole day without some sexist or racist comment. Made it half the day today, even.
Good job! Just have to work a bit harder, and you'll stop saying sexist and racist things for a whole day!
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151831 on: June 09, 2020, 05:51:47 pm »

Y'kno today I almost went a whole day without some sexist or racist comment. Made it half the day today, even.
Good job! Just have to work a bit harder, and you'll stop saying sexist and racist things for a whole day!

I walked right into that one.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151832 on: June 09, 2020, 06:13:46 pm »

i know what you meant, it means people are being assholes and saying sexist and racist things. That is horrible and I hope people will stop being racist and sexist.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151833 on: June 09, 2020, 08:18:46 pm »

I walked right into that one.

A good joke, and a good response to a joke at your expense.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #151834 on: June 10, 2020, 08:35:11 am »

That feeling when you walk into the room and your grandfather's trying to wear a set of overalls like a thong. Fortunately over their actual clothes, but... still. Still :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #151835 on: June 10, 2020, 01:00:39 pm »

In WTF news, somehow the Late Stage Capitalism Thread turned into a discussion of Chinese slave brides? Or something?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #151836 on: June 10, 2020, 01:26:49 pm »

In WTF news, somehow the Late Stage Capitalism Thread turned into a discussion of Chinese slave brides? Or something?
Such is the way of Bay12. Beware it's off-topic ramblings!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151837 on: June 10, 2020, 02:19:10 pm »

I go back to work next week. I'm WTFing because they've moved the work shift back half an hour, something I've been fighting against every time it was brought up. Now I have to work from 7:30-3:30, when it used to be 8:00-4:30. And yes, that also means I've lost half an hour a day.

Also, I've completely forgotten my boss' name. I literally cannot remember what it was, at all.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151838 on: June 10, 2020, 02:51:47 pm »

Such is the way of Bay12. Beware it's off-topic ramblings!

I arrived late, I wanted to chime into the dating (as it relates to, and has been molded by, capitalism) discussion there before it veered into silly jokes about Slave Wives.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #151839 on: June 10, 2020, 03:50:04 pm »

Have you ever felt a moment of profundity and felt things connect, and then you try to examine the feeling but doing so causes it to scatter like so many leaves before the wind?

Being human is so frustrating.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #151840 on: June 10, 2020, 03:59:33 pm »

Yes.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151841 on: June 10, 2020, 04:01:12 pm »

Few things in life as so pleasurable than the feeling of relief and comfort you get when you urinate after you should have done so hours ago.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151842 on: June 10, 2020, 05:53:22 pm »

Few things in life as so pleasurable than the feeling of relief and comfort you get when you urinate after you should have done so hours ago.

Not with urinary retention!

Hahahaha... haha... ha... *sob*
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151843 on: June 10, 2020, 07:01:57 pm »

Not with urinary retention!

Hahahaha... haha... ha... *sob*

Ready for your doctor ordered catheterization? ;)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #151844 on: June 10, 2020, 07:24:21 pm »

One of my more puzzling experiences in my last job abroad was the night-worship of a device called the "bladderscan" (tm). Apparently when urinary retention was suspected junior docs were supposed to grab one of those specific purpose ultrasounds and scan the patient's bladder. And THEN proceed with catheterization.

I never understood the point and told as much to the JR who explained this to me (who was a clever and dutiful doctor btw, dont get me wrong.). I told her to go ahead with the cath  under my responsability. Clinical history was highly suggestive of tumoral spinal cord compression. And, well, you know, there was an obviously swollen bladder. I wasn't wrong. I wont quote a number because I'd be making stuff up but there was a lot of urine.

To this day I dont understand the point of this "bladderscan" thing,  in the context of my practice and of suspected urinary retention that is. Swollen bladders are easily detected by standard physical exploration.  Plus if someone does not have a swollen bladder and yet has been anuric for a while... catheterization might not be a bad idea either.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 07:26:36 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 10121 10122 [10123] 10124 10125 ... 10983