Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10142 10143 [10144] 10145 10146 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998904 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #152145 on: June 30, 2020, 02:38:33 am »

I walked into a residents room and saw some talking head on Fox news explaining how we should reopen all businesses because "99% of the deaths are people under the age of 25." Totally ignoring the fact that 99% of the people stuck in "essential" jobs that are also high risk are kids working cash registers/customer service. And also suggesting they're expendable and economically and socially unimportant. I don't even know this fucks name and I want to send him and his employer a big bubble full of virus in the mail.

Deaths or cases? People under 25 are the least vulnerable, so that doesn't really make sense.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #152146 on: June 30, 2020, 03:36:47 am »

I thought i heard deaths, but i could be wrong. No, it doesn't make much sense in context of what we actually know about the disease.

My workplace has had no cases thus far which I am so grateful for because the residents aren't wearing masks, staying six feet apart etc even though we ask them to. Nobody is, anywhere. Quarantine and "social distancing" was never being enforced as far as I saw in any of the surrounding towns I frequent, nobody seems to be taking this disease seriously.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152147 on: June 30, 2020, 12:46:50 pm »

Inside a closed system there's not much point in social distancing, unless you have known cases. My wife is a nurse in an assisted living complex and their measures focus on people who come in and out (employees).

They haven't had a new case in 3 weeks.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #152148 on: June 30, 2020, 01:01:27 pm »

« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 01:04:49 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152149 on: June 30, 2020, 01:51:38 pm »

When I went to the dorms to officialy check out, the security measures were:

Only 2 (non-joined, that is, you could not get from one to the other on the inside) of 4 entrances were open.
Masks were compulsory in public areas.
On entering through one of the entrances (the one with acces to 4/5 of the rooms), your temperature was checked with an optical thermometer.

People were encouraged to not be present in the dorms since personal attendance in school was forbidden. So I do not think the receptionists had to check too many people with that thing.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #152150 on: July 02, 2020, 04:35:36 am »

I swear every time I stay over at my parents place the cats catch another mouse at 2 am. I didn't ask to hear the screams of the dying while trying to sleep. I did ask to make sure the gaps between the corrugated siding and concrete foundation be plugged with something the wildlife couldnt chew through and get into the house. And they wonder why i never liked it here.

Grandma kitty is still earning her keep despite being all skin and bones and needing dentures. Youngster still prefers to play with them.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 04:37:10 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152151 on: July 02, 2020, 10:07:58 am »

I'm watching a long Youtube video without adblock (I know, I know, I should really do something about that) - something I normally wouldn't do, but this is interesting enough that I'm willing to put up with the ads, for now - and this time around, none other than the friggin' Shamwow guy himself has popped up to try and sell me some entirely superfluous kitchen gadget I never knew I wanted: the Slap Chop. It's actually a little bit cool in its own stupid way, mainly/entirely because it sort of reminds me of those nifty pop-up dice-rolling things (dice poppers?) that used to come with board games. Those were fun.    

I had no idea the guy was still around and still doing weird commercials, or that such semi-infomercial kinda stuff has infiltrated Youtube ads. Don't get me wrong, this is very much a refreshing change from godawful, stupid shit like Grammarly or KFC, but it's still rather surreal and unexpected to see a human meme out in the wild like this.   
Guess he's managed to improvise, adapt and overcome. Good for him.   

Edit: I just willingly watched an entire, three-minute Youtube ad, bout some gimmicky kitchen utensil I have no use for, purely for the entertainment value.
If that ain't a WTF right there I don't know what is.   
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 10:17:11 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152152 on: July 02, 2020, 10:30:10 am »

Edit: I just willingly watched an entire, three-minute Youtube ad, bout some gimmicky kitchen utensil I have no use for, purely for the entertainment value.
If that ain't a WTF right there I don't know what is.   
Literally did the same thing the other day. Kinda want to buy the slap chop now. It's not like I don't know how to chop or dice veg...
One wheel short of a wagon

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #152153 on: July 02, 2020, 10:42:52 am »

I don't know man, but kitchen gadget infomercials are possibly the only infomercials to ever hold my interest past a few minutes. Probably because its a quasi-cooking show too

Slap Chop and Slap Chop memes are soooo 2010
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #152154 on: July 02, 2020, 10:46:14 am »

Im sorry it cant be flex tape all the way down.

Slap Chop is okay if you dont mind cleaning the tight blades and only use it for household use.  it breaks down under heavier uses . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #152155 on: July 02, 2020, 10:57:21 am »

Fix it with Flex Tape then

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152156 on: July 02, 2020, 11:06:13 am »

The ron popiel solid flavor injector is the king.

Able to inject WHOLE pine nuts into a raw hamhock.

(It spawned an in-joke between my sister and I, about a guy who "has seen the infomercial hellscape one too many times, and turns into a serial killer that kills advertising executives, using infomercial products.  The murder using the flavor injector was particularly gruesome, as 3 whole ounces of pine nuts were found lodged in the victim's left ventricle."  Congratulations on making me remember this bit of sleep deprivation induced insanity.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152157 on: July 02, 2020, 11:08:41 am »

The ron popiel solid flavor injector is the king.

Able to inject WHOLE pine nuts into a raw hamhock.

(It spawned an in-joke between my sister and I, about a guy who "has seen the infomercial hellscape one too many times, and turns into a serial killer that kills advertising executives, using infomercial products.  The murder using the flavor injector was particularly gruesome, as 3 whole ounces of pine nuts were found lodged in the victim's left ventricle."  Congratulations on making me remember this bit of sleep deprivation induced insanity.)
Maybe you should write a novel about that, sounds like an interesting story.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #152158 on: July 02, 2020, 11:13:01 am »

And it'll be titled But Wait, There's More
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher