Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10156 10157 [10158] 10159 10160 ... 10979

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13120542 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #152355 on: July 15, 2020, 04:00:42 pm »

As a filthy non-subscriber to either of those publications, I may never know how my stars have realigned since this news broke fifty years ago.

I don't believe in it either, but it's fun to know
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152356 on: July 15, 2020, 04:29:29 pm »

My old sign was Libra. Including the new constellation, I am now a Virgo.
Did you feel your new personality consummate into existence and replace your old?
Has your astral self transmuted yet?
No personality change. I don’t believe in astrology, I saw someone here mention their zodiac change, so I was curious whether mine would be changed too.

As a filthy non-subscriber to either of those publications, I may never know how my stars have realigned since this news broke fifty years ago.

I don't believe in it either, but it's fun to know
Same here, don’t believe it, but it was still fun to know

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #152357 on: July 15, 2020, 04:46:27 pm »

So I did a floatation tank again.  I have a cut on my back that stung, and I could feel the air slowly ooze out of my ears.  I did relax and get to work though.

Ive come to conclusion after my second session that its no different than when Id do the backstroke in the cooled pool. Just 5 minutes in the pool and 10 in the hottub or steam room.

It was not 'bad', but really not my thing - especially with my world the size and shape it is now.  I dont have much to ponder over, and thus dont really want to float around for an hour.  or at least not pay $60 for something I used to do for free.'

it was nice, and something I could do on occasion, but ill stick to other things.  Like massages.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #152358 on: July 15, 2020, 04:51:50 pm »

Not really the best thing to do during this pandemic if you ask me. But to each his own.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #152359 on: July 15, 2020, 05:16:48 pm »

Had a slightly bizarre encounter with a customer today.

Was minding my own business, looking forlornly at boxes I had to organize, and they come over and ask

“Do you guys sell Sundrop?”

to which I kinda paused to get my tablet out of my pocket before starting to say I don’t know because I don’t know what it is before she continued:

“Sundrop in a bottle? Sundrop?”

because that narrows it down to probably being a liquid of some type, being bottled and all.

So I say, “I’m not sure, I’ll look it up on my tablet.”

“Sundrop? Sundrop in a bottle?”

“Is that like bottled water or something?” Because it’s an old tablet and I clicked the wrong thing. No response, so I click the right thing and look it up.

“Sundrop in a bottle?”

At which point I had found it, and kind of gesture to where it is (it’s a soda, of which we have a single aisle) and she decides instead to bugger off somewhere else.

Like, you know what it is, so maybe say what it is so I can at least point you in a general direction while typing it in in my thing on the way over there, and follow me when I say as much.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #152360 on: July 15, 2020, 05:27:18 pm »

Not really the best thing to do during this pandemic if you ask me. But to each his own.

Hey, my beekeeping course wants to resume with practical lessons in an apiary.
This is obviously the best thing to do!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #152361 on: July 15, 2020, 05:35:23 pm »

Had a slightly bizarre encounter with a customer today.

Was minding my own business, looking forlornly at boxes I had to organize, and they come over and ask

“Do you guys sell Sundrop?”

to which I kinda paused to get my tablet out of my pocket before starting to say I don’t know because I don’t know what it is before she continued:

“Sundrop in a bottle? Sundrop?”

because that narrows it down to probably being a liquid of some type, being bottled and all.

So I say, “I’m not sure, I’ll look it up on my tablet.”

“Sundrop? Sundrop in a bottle?”

“Is that like bottled water or something?” Because it’s an old tablet and I clicked the wrong thing. No response, so I click the right thing and look it up.

“Sundrop in a bottle?”

At which point I had found it, and kind of gesture to where it is (it’s a soda, of which we have a single aisle) and she decides instead to bugger off somewhere else.

Like, you know what it is, so maybe say what it is so I can at least point you in a general direction while typing it in in my thing on the way over there, and follow me when I say as much.

I believe sundrops are either the vitamin supplements you give children or, for some reason I associate it with the name, lemon juice flavour addititves
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152362 on: July 15, 2020, 05:36:49 pm »

Arent they like rare candy from Golden Sun?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152363 on: July 15, 2020, 05:37:40 pm »

Spoiler: Sundrop in a bottle? (click to show/hide)

My own wtf. Does pisskop avatar suddenly, look older?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 05:39:38 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #152364 on: July 15, 2020, 05:59:20 pm »

Pisskop’s Avatar becomes older each time you look at it, mimicking our own respectively shortening mortalities. Each moment, each day, each yeaf, Pissk’s avatar becomes just a little bit older, watching, waiting. It watches tearfully as Humanity itself grows old and withers, perhaps to be replaced with our genetic descendents spread across the galaxy, or with nothing at all besides our fossils and plastic on a nuclear wasteland covering the surface of the Earth. Pisskkop’s avatar watches on, so old as to be barely recognizable. One day it will become a skeleton. One day, it will become a fossil. One day, it will become dust.

That or it’s an optical illusion or something.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152365 on: July 15, 2020, 06:03:29 pm »

My forum-versery is tomorrow too.  When I joined I was still at university.

:(  Im old now.
PKs DF Mod!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152366 on: July 15, 2020, 06:12:47 pm »

Congratulations on your forum-versery!  Only one more year to go until ThreeToe himself teleports in front of your monitor in hamster form to teach you the secrets to eternal life!  Keep it up!

P.S. Be sure to have a lettuce leaf handy for tribute.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 06:17:17 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #152367 on: July 15, 2020, 06:21:41 pm »

Always remember: we’ll all be dust eventually so stick to the stuff that gives you the warm fuzzies inside, and don’t let ambition destroy contentment.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152368 on: July 15, 2020, 06:26:25 pm »

Always remember: we’ll all be dust eventually so stick to the stuff that gives you the warm fuzzies inside, and don’t let ambition destroy contentment.

I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #152369 on: July 15, 2020, 06:27:10 pm »

Spoiler: Sundrop in a bottle? (click to show/hide)

Let’s not do this :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 10156 10157 [10158] 10159 10160 ... 10979