Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10242 10243 [10244] 10245 10246 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12995567 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #153645 on: September 14, 2020, 10:51:30 pm »

The rest of my Abe Books order arrived today. Now just how TF am I gonna decide WTF to read next?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #153646 on: September 15, 2020, 12:02:29 am »

Trial by combat
Love, scriver~

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #153647 on: September 17, 2020, 05:49:52 am »

Jesus the HobbyLink Japan site is godawful when it comes to handling info. I've had an account registered way back but haven't really used it. Since then it seems they've changed what characters you can use in your name/adress, and since I have special characters in both I need to change them. Trouble is, it seems I'm not allowed to change my name, which ok, whatever, but when I go to change the address, the form also has my name in it, but I can't edit that field at all, so when I change my address to something valid, I get an error that my name can't contain special characters, which I cannot edit at all.
So now I gotta go trough the support e-mail and verifying my identity trough whatever method they think of thing simply because they made a change in how they handle special characters in names ffs
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #153648 on: September 17, 2020, 06:44:00 am »

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153649 on: September 17, 2020, 07:14:59 am »

Broken pelvis does not sound fun to me.

gamer31

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #153650 on: September 17, 2020, 07:50:51 am »

Went to the store to get some groceries and when I went to pay I realized that I had left my wallet in my friend's bag. So I had to call another friend and ask him to come by and pay for my stuff.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #153651 on: September 17, 2020, 09:02:18 am »

Just yesterday I actually left my atm card in the atm and walked away.  Luckily, it was a closed bank due to covid, and in the evening when nobody was around, and on a route that didnt really support foot traffic.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #153652 on: September 17, 2020, 10:38:11 am »

Trial by combat
Death by snu snu

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #153653 on: September 17, 2020, 04:02:47 pm »

Broken pelvis does not sound fun to me.

Books don't have pelvis, only spine.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153654 on: September 17, 2020, 06:01:45 pm »

I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #153655 on: September 18, 2020, 10:53:50 pm »

Joe Buck, a commentator who only got into the biz ‘cause his dad was a commentator and is woeful to listen to, has been inducted into the pro football hall of fame.

Like, I don’t understand why I get so upset about his fucking omnipresence on Fox Sports which has rights to everything, because he’s just boring as shit, but for serious man the guy gets all the good jobs and you just have to wonder just what kind of material he has on the people making the decisions in order to get them.

Bonus points for Troy Aikman - another questionable entrant to the hall of fame, and Buck’s co-commentator for NFL games... at least he played the sport, I guess? - being the first person to congratulate him on it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #153656 on: September 19, 2020, 01:00:50 am »

I too enjoy the local sportsball team, and their commentators.  I would love to discuss them with you, however I am soooooooooooooooooo busy right now.  Please check in later.   ::)

In seriousness though, I get it.  When you dont like somebody's voice and dont think they have a voice for radio its frustrating.  He's clearly put in the work, and he has to have some talent for the work no matter what anyone says, since the political side of any career will only take you so far.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #153657 on: September 19, 2020, 07:19:37 am »

He does have a good voice, he just... doesn’t do anything with it. He describes what’s happening, as any half-decent commentator can do, sprinkles in the odd stat like he’s just heard it from the state guy like he’s jamming that square peg into the round hole, and doesn’t inject any... I can’t think of a word here, mostly because I don’t know quite what I mean. Life? The kind of thing that if you left the room because you thought nothing was happening, but if you heard it you’d come running back in to see what happened.

Like there are good commentators, your Al Michaels’ and Bob Costas’. I would watch something I have no interest in just because they were commentating on it.

It seems baseball radio commentators are good at what I mean. Your Bob Uecker’s and Vin Scully’s of the world (Scully retired at 88 in 2016, Uecker is 86 and still broadcasts; both bring more to a game than Buck ever could) just bring what they’re talking about to life, they have such passion for it.

I probably shouldn’t try to explain what I mean this early in the morning when I’ve just woken up, but yeah.

Tl;dr Joe Buck is average, there are many better options, but he still gets the best jobs, I am confounded.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #153658 on: September 19, 2020, 07:52:56 am »

I hate most tv personalities' voices these days since 99% of them speak with the broadest, rubest Stockholm dialect you can imagine. Most of them can't pronounce either Ä or Ö.

Radio talkers still make an effort to sound good.

Edit: jeez I'm in no-coverage-land for a single day and the ametipol thread explodes I don't even have time to deal with that now I'm going back into the no-contact-zone, can't hug all the internet
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 08:15:36 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153659 on: September 19, 2020, 08:31:02 am »

Edit: jeez I'm in no-coverage-land for a single day and the ametipol thread explodes I don't even have time to deal with that now I'm going back into the no-contact-zone, can't hug all the internet
Having been part of it, I can confidently say, you really shouldn't bother
Pages: 1 ... 10242 10243 [10244] 10245 10246 ... 10973