Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10249 10250 [10251] 10252 10253 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13000993 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #153750 on: September 27, 2020, 04:02:24 pm »

Particularly for a bunch of germans...
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153751 on: September 27, 2020, 06:39:42 pm »

So by medieval titanic but in a D&D game what can we expect? Magic? Sails? Pedals? Oars?

You mentioned cannon balls stores so it is expected to figth at some capacity, which would also mean a security detail or military detachment and crew. You are planing a pirate encounter arent you?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #153752 on: September 27, 2020, 06:48:25 pm »

Slavers would be cooler than pirates.  A military warship looking for more oarhands.

"My, what big, strong adventurers you are"

Actually, if you could get players to agree to play along with it, conscripts or some kind of forced marine/soldiers would be cool.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #153753 on: September 27, 2020, 06:55:07 pm »

Oddly, while in Dutch 'poep'  means 'poop' (pronounced exactly the same), and 'poepen' means 'poop(verb)', in Flemish, 'poepen' means 'have sex', I shit you not.
I found out the hard way, when I told the girl behind the bar in a Belgian pub I was visiting that I needed to poop and asked if I could use the ladies' room because the men's room only had standing urinoirs.

If the root is "blow the horn" this makes perfect sense in both contexts...

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153754 on: September 28, 2020, 02:06:58 am »

Oddly, while in Dutch 'poep'  means 'poop' (pronounced exactly the same), and 'poepen' means 'poop(verb)', in Flemish, 'poepen' means 'have sex', I shit you not.
I found out the hard way, when I told the girl behind the bar in a Belgian pub I was visiting that I needed to poop and asked if I could use the ladies' room because the men's room only had standing urinoirs.

If the root is "blow the horn" this makes perfect sense in both contexts...

Spoiler: Poepen! (click to show/hide)

Fool!
Doctor DOOM
TOOTS AS HE PLEASES!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 02:09:25 am by wierd »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153755 on: September 28, 2020, 05:51:14 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:34:53 am by dragdeler »
let

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153756 on: September 28, 2020, 07:05:05 am »

No no.

Doctor doom specializes in fucking people over.

He is blowing a horn.

And, overall, he is shitting on everyone's cheerios.

It simultaneously fits every use of "Poepen" at once.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153757 on: September 28, 2020, 07:14:03 am »

Doctor doom is a lul.

or should I say

Want Doctor Doom is a lul.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 07:20:15 am by dragdeler »
let

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153758 on: September 28, 2020, 09:14:15 am »

So by medieval titanic but in a D&D game what can we expect? Magic? Sails? Pedals? Oars?

You mentioned cannon balls stores so it is expected to figth at some capacity, which would also mean a security detail or military detachment and crew. You are planing a pirate encounter arent you?
It's an old warship that has been converted to civilian use. Surprisingly I wasn't planning a pirate encounter, I was actually planning a high-jacking.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153759 on: September 28, 2020, 09:24:28 am »

Unless it is an air ship I think it is more likely to be a sea-level jacking
Love, scriver~

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153760 on: September 28, 2020, 11:44:32 am »

You are planing a pirate encounter arent you?

The only reason DMs put PCs on boats is so they can use the really cool other half of the monster manual dedicated to sea monsters.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153761 on: September 28, 2020, 02:44:31 pm »

You are planing a pirate encounter arent you?
The only reason DMs put PCs on boats is so they can use the really cool other half of the monster manual dedicated to sea monsters.
There's a really good video about this, "Never Get On The Boat"-
Ah crap it was Counter Monkey, AKA Noah Antwiler AKA Spoony. 
Still a good video despite his later conduct.  Art's complicated that way.

Forks were used occasionally, but not every day. Montaigne, writing in the 1570s in a passage about the force of habit, mentions forks but says he rarely uses them. And they were still associated with sinister behavior. In an essay in Feeding Desire on the sexual politics of cutlery, Carolin Young notes that in 1605, an anonymous allegorical novel about the courtiers of Henry III portrayed a mysterious island peopled by hermaphrodites, whose behavior is characterized by theatricality, artifice, and falsehood. Sure enough, the hermaphrodites eat with forks, spilling more food than they manage to consume in their pursuit of the new and the unnecessary. Young traces the “unsettlingly effeminate aura” of the fork all the way through 1897, when British sailors are still eating without forks, considering them to be unmanly.
I was following up on a youtube comment about Roman Legion utensils and found this.
I don't have anything to add, just thought it was thread-appropriate.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #153762 on: September 28, 2020, 02:56:23 pm »

Southern Europe had already had eating forks in widespread use for centuries at that point. The rarity of it (as opposed to a simple spike) in Britain and Northern Europe had more to do with a "them furrriners!" than anything else.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #153763 on: September 28, 2020, 03:07:45 pm »

If you find forks useful you're going to be amazed when you discover bidets in a century or two
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153764 on: September 28, 2020, 03:27:27 pm »

I mean. There's literally no point to a fork. You already have a stabby implement in the knife. You have a shovely implement in the spoon. Why add another, third, implement, which lacks any virtues of it's own?
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 10249 10250 [10251] 10252 10253 ... 10974