Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10265 10266 [10267] 10268 10269 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13239078 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #153990 on: October 16, 2020, 12:40:14 am »

Considering that most trials don't work out, you're better off being the control.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #153991 on: October 16, 2020, 05:23:58 am »

I bought some salsa recently (pretty hard to find in China) and that got me on the quest to make some cheapo nachos - even just cheese, chips and salsa would suffice. In a shop today I saw imported Doritos that were "roasted corn" flavor. I grabbed them and hurredly bought some cheddar for an outrageous price.

I opened the bag of chips when I got home and something was off about the smell. I tasted one and the fuckers are sweet. How? WHY!?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153992 on: October 16, 2020, 05:27:59 am »

Mmmyeah, sweet corn doritos. Sounds like exterminatus is long overdue.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153993 on: October 16, 2020, 07:18:42 am »

Well, corn do is sweet you know. At least some kinds.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #153994 on: October 16, 2020, 08:09:52 am »

Sweet corn! The kind that when fed to cows causes them to get diabetes, or really high stomach pH levels! One or the other, if I remember the documentary I watched for a 9:th grade science assignment correctly...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #153995 on: October 16, 2020, 08:31:37 am »

sweet, korn!
Love, scriver~

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153996 on: October 16, 2020, 09:16:35 am »

Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153997 on: October 16, 2020, 09:28:35 am »

More like blood for the glucose strip.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153998 on: October 16, 2020, 09:38:06 am »

I had a dream where I was riding my bike. I was riding along a very long road, which connects to a highway. The Highway is built in such a way that I (paradoxically) can only get home by getting on the highway in the direction leading away from my home; I know this because this highway appeared in a different dream that I remember. As I was getting on the on-ramp though, Donald Trump and a female reporter were having an interview right on the on-ramp. I thought it was odd, and I didn't want to ride into camera frame, so I backtracked. There I found the secret service members that I apparently didn't notice before guarding the area; and sitting at their feet was a large white cat. I tried to pet the cat and it bit me hard, waking me up.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153999 on: October 16, 2020, 09:53:32 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:34:38 am by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154000 on: October 16, 2020, 12:32:15 pm »

Trump's cat would probably bite people, yeah.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #154001 on: October 16, 2020, 01:19:04 pm »

More like blood for the glucose strip.
Btw merry christmas!
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154002 on: October 16, 2020, 01:42:32 pm »

Oh I see you know the celebrations were opened yesterday. Our glorious regime officially declared the start of the Christmas yesterday because, reasons...

In my city the state governor officially inaugurated Christmas by lighting up 3 different plazas with Christmas lights.... which is ironic considering:
1) The rolling blackouts. Aren't we supposed to be saving up as much power as we can? and
2) The lights will be stolen/vandalized the very first chance (see N°1).

Anyways, I'm certain Santa will bring me a sack of coal this year, which is exactly what we need to cook right now, so I'm really banking on being in the naughty list to cook through the rest of the year

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #154003 on: October 16, 2020, 03:20:56 pm »

We started selling julmust two weeks ago. It is terrible.

Today there were lucia buns. It is terrible.
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154004 on: October 16, 2020, 03:42:48 pm »

Those buns looks pretty tasty. For the drink, I stopped reading at non-alcoholic. No festivity beverage should be allowed to be non-alcoholic. It does looks like what we call malta, no the country, the beverage, wikipedia says it's called malt beer in english. Here the 0% alcoholic version is a pretty popular drink.

Our official December plate is the Hallaca:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallaca

The best version is the andean one (my place of birth) in which the meat is left overnight macerating with wine or beer with all the seasoning, then the stuff is put raw inside the corn dough and plantain leaves, then cooked all together on a wood fire, the elaboration was usually a festivity upon itself, were people in the household would put a part of their christmas bonus or holidays payment to buy the ingredients, come together, listen to the seasonal music and drink beer, rum or whiskey while making them and at the end "taste" them by eating a lot of them.

It was usually made on large batches, sometimes more than once per seaon. I remember my family doing up to 300 or so in a single day on specially plentiful years or when a lot of family was together back when I was a kid.

I would love for all of you to taste them, they are a little bit of heaven indeed. In fact, as now there are many of us spread over the world, find your local Venezuelan and buy an hallaca from (s)he, trust me, if (s)he is not selling, it will know another Venezuelan that will unless there are not any other of us in the whole area/country. Forget good will, family union or even presents and toss them by the window, this dish is like 70% of the meaning of Christmas for us.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 04:34:03 pm by LordBaal »
Pages: 1 ... 10265 10266 [10267] 10268 10269 ... 10984