Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10271 10272 [10273] 10274 10275 ... 10979

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13117294 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154080 on: October 21, 2020, 09:57:36 pm »

Is it, in all seriousness, not enough to know what you are but not be able to label it? I like to avoid accepting "brands" into my self-identity, wouldn't it dilute my self with markers from other people and groups?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154081 on: October 21, 2020, 10:15:29 pm »

Labels will never make you surer of who you are. The human ethos is always too complex for words, and changing everyday. People come up with labels to try to simplify that complexity for that sake of brevity, but even if people didn't care about brevity and made the labels longer and more complex themselves, they still couldn't capture what people truly feel.

Don't drive yourself up the wall looking inside yourself for something that will always elude you, just focus on the pragmatic and the real, and those things hidden inside might just decide to come out naturally.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154082 on: October 21, 2020, 10:18:25 pm »

Eh. Feel free to look inside. Just don't be shocked when what you find doesn't fit into english.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154083 on: October 21, 2020, 11:52:21 pm »

I am in the same boat, more or less Methyl.

My brain returns "Technically male".  Internally, I really don't have a gender identity, and find the concept of shaping one's internal monologue around such a notion to be absurd.  (this does strongly color my views about people and their sexual antics, in any form.)

Just be you, and let the world suffer from its collective neurosis.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #154084 on: October 22, 2020, 12:16:06 am »

Eh. Feel free to look inside. Just don't be shocked when what you find doesn't fit into english.

Everyone knows your inside is in Latin
Love, scriver~

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154085 on: October 22, 2020, 12:49:39 am »

I realized that I don't really care about my gender. Like, I query the gender file in my brain, it's blank for a couple of seconds, and eventually it says "male, presenting as I-do-what-I-want-linity with bias towards masculinity" and then a bunch of numbers after that. It's almost reluctant. Is there a label for this "I don't care, but I guess I'm a boy if you really want to" situation? I wonder what it means. Does it mean I reject gender entirely, or is it just apathy?

There's some basis to my thinking there. I couldn't give less of a shit about anyone's gender; I rank it as one of the least important things about a person. To maintain consistency, surely that must mean I must not care about my own too. Or maybe not; expecting consistency out of an inherently inconsistent system is the surest path to madness.

I'm confused. I wonder what it all means, if anything.
This turns out to basically be how the majority of people feel if you ask. Most people do not care beyond knowing their biological sex.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #154086 on: October 22, 2020, 12:52:25 am »

Well I'm absolutely sure I'm a girl. Admittedly somewhat tomboyish but still female. It's part of my identity.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154087 on: October 22, 2020, 01:01:23 am »

Well I'm absolutely sure I'm a girl. Admittedly somewhat tomboyish but still female. It's part of my identity.

There's no such thing as identity, the whole thing is a bourgeois concept.

After all aren't we all Pathos.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154088 on: October 22, 2020, 06:47:24 am »

Im pretty sure identity predates wealth by millenia.

Anyway I think we already had this conversation before? The end result was people most of the time dont think about their genders? Ie I am a male, I like females, I dont care about anyone else, to each its own kind of thing?

And fox of course is lying, everyone knows the dudes in internet are men, the woman are men, and the kids are FBI agents.

Also meth, how all the university camp went? Already in lockdown or something?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 06:51:52 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #154089 on: October 22, 2020, 07:13:04 am »

Yeah, also curious about this. Getting enough to eat?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154090 on: October 22, 2020, 07:31:41 am »

Here? No lockdown yet. Some COVID cases appear to have spread to my state, mostly from prisoners being shuffled around to different states and the prison guards getting infected; that has to be some kind of poetic justice for the sheer stupidity of the idea. Very few cases in my district, however. Still, the number of cases is rising exponentially overall, which is a worrying trend.

As for back home... cases appear to be rising at an even greater rate... and someone from on the same street as my house is infected. Talk about hitting close to home. I'm not counting on it reopening anytime soon; I'm almost certain lockdown will be extended there.

Yeah, also curious about this. Getting enough to eat?

Food-wise, I think I'm doing fine. I'm not starving, so that's a start. My selection of food is a bit odd for many reasons (including a limited selection of available food at the supermarket I went to), but I'll say it: instant ramen, baked beans, milk powder, crackers, peanut butter and apples. Will I suffer malnutrition due to a lack of vitamins and minerals given this limited set of food?

The water cooler is still functional, and it has remained functional throughout my stay. That's actually lucky; some blocks have ones that don't work, so they have to come to my block to get water.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154091 on: October 22, 2020, 07:35:50 am »

Yes. That is not a sustainable diet.

Many of the items I suggested CAN actually be obtained at the Dollar General 'Food desert', so try there if the local market does not have what you need. Powdered egg is indeed a special commodity, but you can sneak around your bank's "Minors cannot shop online" bullshit by getting a walmart money card, which processes like a visa, and which you can buy/reload at the register (for a premium).

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154092 on: October 22, 2020, 07:39:56 am »

Yes. That is not a sustainable diet.

Many of the items I suggested CAN actually be obtained at the Dollar General 'Food desert', so try there if the local market does not have what you need. Powdered egg is indeed a special commodity, but you can sneak around your bank's "Minors cannot shop online" bullshit by getting a walmart money card, which processes like a visa, and which you can buy/reload at the register (for a premium).
I don't think they have those in Darkest Indonesia.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154093 on: October 22, 2020, 08:20:30 am »

"Dollar general" food deserts, or reloadable money cards?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #154094 on: October 22, 2020, 08:24:19 am »

Muscle memory is a hell of a drug.

Related to that, I've found out curry powder is actually remarkably good in a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I don't know what I was expecting out of mistaking the cinnamon for curry powder, but still better than baseline PB&J wasn't it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 10271 10272 [10273] 10274 10275 ... 10979