Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10274 10275 [10276] 10277 10278 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999060 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154125 on: October 23, 2020, 08:45:45 pm »

got mine pretty cheap, was a hassle to activate I wouldnt trust it to succeed again, had to forcefully feed it to windows via console IIRC, online advise was borderline directing me to call MS
Yeah, I just called Microsoft like they told me to activate my copy. Took all of about five minutes on the phone with no issues at all after I did all of the prep work (mainly reading the instructions of what to do like 10 times worried that it might not work out or they might say the copy was fake or I might have to get another key).

Sure it was more hassle, but I've had ten times the hassle just trying to get a game loading mods properly in the past, so...
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154126 on: October 23, 2020, 11:18:55 pm »

Do your phones do any weird daylight savings automatic change nonsense?

Assuming Oz does daylight savings...
Ohhhhh, shit. You're right.   
Despite the fact that I bought the damn phone in this state, where there is no daylight savings stupidity, and haven't taken it out at all, it was for some reason automatically picking up Sydney time. Apparently those morons set their clocks forward for no reason at this time of year.   
Now not only was I mildly inconvenienced, I'm filled with rage at the stupidity of humankind. Same as I usually am every time this happens. :P   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154127 on: October 24, 2020, 05:49:17 am »

Picked up me trusty phone to check some article on the Wiki. Battery is nearly at full charge. Finished reading a couple minutes later - battery at 13%. Turned off data transfer and closed all aps - the phone kept losing charge until it turned off within seconds. What.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154128 on: October 24, 2020, 05:54:27 am »

LiPO composite cell, probably swollen, and not reaching proper full charge due to anode degeneration.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154129 on: October 24, 2020, 05:58:57 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:34:19 am by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154130 on: October 24, 2020, 06:04:16 am »

Asploding batteries.

By the sounds of it, it must be really swollen/damaged.

If the phone has an user removable battery do so and change it for a new one. If not then take it to a repair shop of your trust.

Do not use that battery anymore and dispose of it on whichever way local regulations indicate. Do not pierce the battery or put it on fire.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154131 on: October 24, 2020, 06:11:06 am »

Do not pierce the battery or put it on fire.
But what if the local regulations say to do that?

Also if your far enough away from the fire when you throw it in what harm can it do?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154132 on: October 24, 2020, 06:15:23 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:34:23 am by dragdeler »
let

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154133 on: October 24, 2020, 06:23:12 am »

I've had a swollen battery in my laptop recently. But this one isn't. The behaviour with the laptop leading up to the swelling was different too - that one would show full charge but immediately turn off if unplugged. But then again, that might have had more to do with unrelated differences in design.

Plugged it in for a while, and it seems to be holding charge normally now. I guess I'll be on the lookout for fireworks in my pants, eh?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #154134 on: October 24, 2020, 06:24:09 am »

If you recently updated, I've had phones do the same just once and then be fine for months and months. No idea the cause, feels like software burning the processor.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154135 on: October 24, 2020, 06:29:25 am »

Could be a cell of the battery that is damaged. Either way, if is a serviceable by user one and you have the moneys, buy the replacement.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154136 on: October 24, 2020, 06:53:33 am »

In Android phones, there are two "Fuel gauges" that track battery capacity.

One tracked by android itself, in the file system. (This is what gets cleared by all those "Battery doctor" apps)

Another backed into the charge controller of the LiPO cell itself.

It is possible that the one in the android file system thought the battery was full when it wasnt, until the voltage started dropping. Then the phone queried the charge controller in the battery and said "HOLY SHIT BATMAN", and promptly updated its internal fuelguage value, and shut down.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154137 on: October 24, 2020, 07:06:31 am »

It is possible that the one in the android file system thought the battery was full when it wasnt, until the voltage started dropping. Then the phone queried the charge controller in the battery and said "HOLY SHIT BATMAN", and promptly updated its internal fuelguage value, and shut down.
Shouldn't that be even more sudden, rather than gradual? I could see the charge level icon go down little by little before it turned off.

Could be a cell of the battery that is damaged. Either way, if is a serviceable by user one and you have the moneys, buy the replacement.
Yeah, I ain't gonna. Not because I can't afford it, but because I hate technology.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154138 on: October 24, 2020, 07:08:43 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:33:55 am by dragdeler »
let

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154139 on: October 24, 2020, 07:17:26 am »

That's what she said?
Pages: 1 ... 10274 10275 [10276] 10277 10278 ... 10974