Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10276 10277 [10278] 10279 10280 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12995644 times)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154155 on: October 31, 2020, 02:38:31 am »

I know audiophools (the kind of audiophile that buys $1000 cables for a digital output) are incredibly gullible, but... there exist audiophile SATA cables.

A fucking SATA cable. How the fuck does that work?! If the bits going through the cables were getting so corrupted your music sounds wrong, the OS wouldn't let you access the drive in the first place because it thinks there's something desperately wrong going on. If that was the boot drive, the OS would've crashed in the first few seconds of loading.

What next, audiophile M.2 drives? A rebadged *insert crappy drive here, ideally SATA-speed and DRAMless to maximize profit margins* drive, but with an RF shield? Gotta keep all that nasty interference out, right?

Things that go between an M.2 slot and an M.2 SSD that enhance and expand the soundscape of any music going through it? I bet you could make a PCB to pass through all the M.2 contacts, glue on a 555 timer and some tiny surface-mount stuff, paint on some convincing PCB traces, and they'd think that angels are singing the music into their ears with that thing installed.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 02:52:34 am by methylatedspirit »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154156 on: October 31, 2020, 08:20:11 am »

Audiophile mousepads! Audiophile screens that no, do not have blasters or jacks connectors incorporated.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #154157 on: October 31, 2020, 08:25:32 am »

I mean, no joke I could see a large screen built with acoustics in mind. Less so for personal home use, but like DJ/large venue stuff? That actually kinda' makes sense, y'know? Audiophile screen could be a legit thing. Not so much a peripheral incorporation thing as shape and material made to facilitate acoustics.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154158 on: October 31, 2020, 06:00:19 pm »

Management revealed that someone in the store tested positive for covid. Refused to say who, only saying that the people who work in close proximity of that person were informed of the possible risk and that they should watch themselves for symptoms. It's nobody who works anywhere near me, since I work in the back(Production) and this person works in the front(Operations). They also said that there's very little chance of the store being shut down, since we're considered "low risk" due to our claims following of extensive safety measure. Like the masks, that so many people wear below the nose, or the break room where the chairs are 6 feet apart that everyone moves together.

Unrelated, but one of my coworkers also almost died today from a peanut allergy. Ate a piece of candy that had traces of peanut in it, apparently.

I know audiophools (the kind of audiophile that buys $1000 cables for a digital output) are incredibly gullible, but... there exist audiophile SATA cables.

I consider myself to have sensitive ears(painfully so), but there's just a certain point where the static, corruption, whatever it is in whatever I'm listening to is probably going to be indistinguishable from the constant endless ringing that I have for the sound of "nothing". And if I'm actually trying to listen for that kind of thing, I'm probably not vibing with the music.

As mentioned, the only probable explanation is the data is corrupted, and if the data is getting so corrupted it affects sound date to an audible degree... then I recommend trying a cheap replacement SATA cable to check if something else hasn't catastrophically failed, and hope that does the trick because otherwise you have a much bigger problem.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #154159 on: October 31, 2020, 09:13:54 pm »

Dude who does the voice of Thackary Binx (the cat in Hocus Pocus) is Boone in Fallout New Vegas.

Also various people in KotoR, which is what initially made me look it up.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154160 on: October 31, 2020, 09:37:55 pm »

Dude who does the voice of Thackary Binx (the cat in Hocus Pocus) is Boone in Fallout New Vegas.

Meanwhile I was watching The Boys and the Vought CEO was The Dentist over in Payday 2.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #154161 on: October 31, 2020, 10:55:28 pm »

Did she neevr eat one of those in her life?
Maybe just mildly allergic or somethin', it's friggin' hard to avoid onion or garlic in most culinary traditions I'm aware of.

She gets extreme gastrointestinal issues with the slightest bit of onion or garlic (or bell peppers, although that apparently didn't trigger a skin reaction.) She basically can't eat anything at most restaurants, especially when there's garlic in the butter and mashed potatoes and the staff doesn't know.

The other allergens are more mild. Things have been getting worse as she gets older, though, with even mild stuff sometimes causing issues.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154162 on: November 01, 2020, 03:14:48 am »

is she allergic to thiols? (sulfur based compounds that give onion and garlic their characteristic odors, also found in Durian, and some other foods, including bell pepper.)

« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 03:20:38 am by wierd »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #154163 on: November 01, 2020, 10:13:28 am »

I envision him playing the cat the exact same way as he played Boone
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154164 on: November 02, 2020, 11:57:06 am »

So for various reasons ive decided to create a new facebook account and schlock it up.

https://www.facebook.com/joseph.fusco.353

For any interested.

Its intent is simple; make a profile to potentially shill from.  Or at least get the satisfaction of saying I tried.  Real pictures of me, (mostly) real info on it, except Im just trying to grow large as much and fast as possible.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154165 on: November 02, 2020, 01:23:46 pm »

OK, I don't know where to put this.

I was playing Skyrim. I was just standing around in Markarth, waiting for a shop to open.
Then suddenly, I hear a burst of flame and a dragon corpse falls into the city and I absorb its soul. Other than Dragonborn, Hearthfire and Dawngard, no mods installed.
Spoiler: large image (click to show/hide)
Edit: Printscreened the corpse
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 01:34:33 pm by Mathel »
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #154166 on: November 02, 2020, 03:01:49 pm »

Sometimes, Skyrim just... does things.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154167 on: November 02, 2020, 03:17:09 pm »

It just works!
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #154168 on: November 03, 2020, 04:16:08 pm »

Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154169 on: November 04, 2020, 05:30:56 am »

I had to take a vocabulary test for an English class, and I got... at least 18400 word families. Most native speakers get 20000, so I'm actually below average for a native speaker. I rank 12% higher than all native speakers who have taken that test. That can't be good. Some "native" speaker I am.

I wonder if it's because my memory's shit. Seriously, it's like 90% lossy compression algorithm, 10% actual memory in there. I forget people and their names so often that people are surprised at my inability to remember anything about them. Whenever someone messages me out of the blue, the first thing I think is "Oh, this must be someone I forgot" because that's usually why they're barging in like that.
Pages: 1 ... 10276 10277 [10278] 10279 10280 ... 10973