Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10317 10318 [10319] 10320 10321 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13206886 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154770 on: December 20, 2020, 12:49:25 pm »

In other news, I've been attempting to code dive Project Zomboid in order to uncover the truth about various professions/traits/etc., when suddenly:

Code: [Select]
f u c k. sex xex h4rd knight hello, @ $ $ H O L E   ass-hole f-u-c-k f_u_c_k_ @$$h0le fu'ckeerr: sdsi: KUNT as'as!! ffffuuuccckkkerrr

Still no luck finding the traits and professions in the java classes, but I *did* just find out that female survivors have an easier time gaining and keeping weight than male survivors do. Some of the differences listed here are actually quite significant.

private int caloriesToGainWeightMale = 1100;

private int caloriesToGainWeightMaxMale = 4000;

private int caloriesToGainWeightFemale = 1000;

private int caloriesToGainWeightMaxFemale = 3000;

So, here we see a significant (if not completely overwhelming) difference in the range between what it takes for a lady survivor to go up in weight, versus what a guy needs.

However, let's look at some of these nutrition stats (most of which are misspelled)...

private float caloriesDecreraseFemaleNormal = 1.0E-5F;

private float caloriesDecreaseMaleNormal = 0.016F;

private float caloriesDecreraseFemaleExercise = 1.0E-5F;

private float caloriesDecreaseMaleExercise = 0.13F;

Look at that. For exercising, that's a difference of more than a million percent. Absolutely ludicrous. Yes, there are some real-world biological differences between male and female humans, but I'd be incredibly surprised if it was that much of a difference...

There appears to be only one place where women have got men beat as far as burning is involved, and that's sleeping. Female survivors have a sleeping calorie burn rate of 0.1, while men have 0.03.

That, or "Decrerase" is in fact an entirely separate thing from "Decrease", rather than just a silly typo that they're now stuck with, and in fact is used in completely different ways (such as not being used at all). But it doesn't appear to be that way.

Female survivors also have a base weight 20 kg lighter than males, while all weight-related traits (obese, overweight, emaciated etc.) seem to have absolute values they check for, which is based off of normal weight for males. So a female survivor, who starts out at a weight of 60, would immediately qualify as "very underweight", with all the associated skill and stat penalties (but on the plus side, she'd be able to earn those kilos back a lot easier than a male PC would).

There's no way this is how it actually works... I must be missing something. Surely this would have been noticed? Or has nobody ever played a female survivor?

EDIT: Ah, just looked and saw that I'm not in fact even looking at the IWBUMS build 41 files :P This is just from the old stuff on the basic Steam install.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154771 on: December 20, 2020, 01:06:05 pm »

Huh, wow, there are surprisingly few choices. Somehow I figured Houndour was Gen3 to go along with Poochyena, but that doesn't make any sense after a little reflection.

Speaking of useless typing- Stantler, right? Just Normal. Good for nothing. Apparently it can warp reality. Surely it should be psychic type over Girafarig, right?

It's just so useless. I'll have to see if I can find one in Volt White 2 purely in spite of its lack of interesting features.

Isn't move damage increased if you match the attack type to the pokemon type? Last I knew (quite some time ago), the highest-damage attacks were normal-type, so normal-type pokemon were very good against anything that doesn't resist normal damage.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154772 on: December 20, 2020, 01:20:42 pm »

STAB has been around since gen 1 though, but I suppose the whole dynamic does change with the new types and moves across the board...

Body Slam used to be pretty beef back in the day though, since it did decent damage, was accurate, and had a chance to stun/paralyze/something on top of that.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154773 on: December 20, 2020, 03:44:57 pm »

There's a book called Human Santapede now?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #154774 on: December 20, 2020, 04:06:48 pm »

If by now, you mean six years ago, yes.

Sadly, it's not the cute children's book I was hoping for given the title. You could get something decently absurd out of a santapede if you went that direction, but whoever actually made the one that exists definitely didn't go that way.

... here's hoping no one donates it, it'd end up on my top discards along with the pyrophilia and grandma fucking an angel to regain her youth and the book of zombie erotica.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #154775 on: December 20, 2020, 09:45:16 pm »

Pounded in the butt by the Human Santapede

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154776 on: December 21, 2020, 02:06:58 am »

Is the human santapede when Santa turns into a centipede? Or is it like the movies which I’ve heard about with Santa’s linked together with each Santa being a section?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154777 on: December 21, 2020, 02:47:53 am »

Is the human santapede when Santa turns into a centipede? Or is it like the movies which I’ve heard about with Santa’s linked together with each Santa being a section?
The movie.

Also I'm not going to read the book so I'm gonna assume they combine Santa, the elves, and raindeer into a strange chain of Christmas weirdness.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #154778 on: December 21, 2020, 07:36:46 am »

If by "combine" you mean "sew them together ass to mouth", sure. Going by the summary+reviews, the plot appears to be someone trying to sew together the asses and mouths of santa, his stripper wife, and all the elves and reindeer, the elves trying to prevent this and maybe make a little proft on the side.

I'd link to something, but, like. The cover violates forum ToS.

E: In any case, I think I've figured out kid's book santapede (probably retitled The Spectacular Santapede, 'cause you need dat alliteration). You start with santa down the chimney doing santa things, but on their way out they notice the tree ain't got a crowning ornament and be like, "darn, I wanna fix dat but I can't reach", and another santa pops out like, "yo, imma help out" and santa one gets on their shoulders (Dunno if sitting or standing, but so long as the arms are free and the santapede starts off it doesn't matter much) and puts on the ornament, then they go up the chimney and reindeer off, 'cause once you gattai with santa you gotta' see that shit through, y'know?

Next scene the deer, having trouble with two santas, land on the ground next to a chimneyhouse instead of the roof, and nascent santapede be like, "how I gon' reach dat" and then two more santas pop out and be like, "got yo back", then they need to reach over to the neighbor house and three more santas pop out like santapede time, then they got to finish the neighborhood and the town and the local geographic region and the continent and get across the ocean and santapede just grows and grows and santapedes itself down chimneys and out windows and just kinda' santa threads its way through cities and around the world.

Ultimately there's this giant wireframe santa constructed from the santapede standing astride the world and it breaks down into a rain of santas that slip back into their beds (or under bridges or whatever if you got some hobo santas in there, this ain't just fat whiteman santa this is a rainbow and probably some missus clauses and whatever too) and that's that, with a big ol' santapede THE END or UNTIL NEXT YEAR or something at the end.

It'd be friggin' wholesome. If anyone goes on to take that idea and publish, royalties are appreciated but the existence moreso.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 09:06:28 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #154779 on: December 21, 2020, 09:16:50 am »

then they got to finish the neighborhood and the town and the local geographic region and the continent and get across the ocean and santapede just grows and grows and santapedes itself down chimneys and out windows and just kinda' santa threads its way through cities and around the world.

This is the precise moment it becomes a Lovecraftian horror.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #154780 on: December 21, 2020, 09:20:51 am »

Eh, it could be, but I've seen actual, not particularly horrific, kids books (that actual kids even read!) use basically the same conceit just with other stuff instead of a chain of santas. It can be played straight pretty easily instead of trying for something subversive.
Ask not!
Ask!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154781 on: December 21, 2020, 03:48:52 pm »

I don't get why my heroclix buddies get so hype over the McRib.

I had one today, today.  It was basically like a BBQ pork sandwich, except instead of the first ingredient being love, the first ingredient was depression.

Like I get its micky D's so its only gonna be so good, but like I've had actual pulled pork BBQ, why would I ever want this even if micky D's had this on the menu 24/7.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #154782 on: December 21, 2020, 04:00:03 pm »

Maybe you need to introduce them to pulled pork BBQ.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #154783 on: December 21, 2020, 04:04:07 pm »

I don't get why my heroclix buddies get so hype over the McRib.

I had one today, today.  It was basically like a BBQ pork sandwich, except instead of the first ingredient being love, the first ingredient was depression.

Like I get its micky D's so its only gonna be so good, but like I've had actual pulled pork BBQ, why would I ever want this even if micky D's had this on the menu 24/7.

A lot of it has to do with nostalgia and the whole event of it cycling in and out honestly, I fully admit having ate a whole bunch of them whenever it came back. I do genuinely like them myself but it's just one of those things that means more for you the longer you've been sorta invested into it.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154784 on: December 22, 2020, 03:14:07 am »

then they got to finish the neighborhood and the town and the local geographic region and the continent and get across the ocean and santapede just grows and grows and santapedes itself down chimneys and out windows and just kinda' santa threads its way through cities and around the world.

This is the precise moment it becomes a Lovecraftian horror.
It reminds me of he blob, but it brings holiday cheer before crushing you under a non stop flow of santa.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 10317 10318 [10319] 10320 10321 ... 10984