Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10327 10328 [10329] 10330 10331 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997841 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154920 on: December 29, 2020, 06:04:34 pm »

I mean, it might have been signed by someone else, but the signature didn't look printed on at all. I did eyeball it for a bit in confusion, wondering if it was actually what it looked like :P

Though yeah, coworker and me figured rather than printing it off, the author was just filling out sheets of signatures and putting those on books.

... hell, now that I think of it, I could see it be a plague distancing thing, maybe? That's the most charitable interpretation I can think of.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 06:06:19 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154921 on: December 29, 2020, 06:05:07 pm »

It's a novel experience,

I'm sure it was.

My WTF was I just did a short online course for "Dealing with Unconscious Bias" for work. Videos with a test at the end. I didn't pay as much attention to the videos as I probably should because I was distracted by the guy in the video. His hands were a completely different color than his face.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154922 on: December 29, 2020, 06:06:03 pm »

Like . . . he had vitiligo?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154923 on: December 29, 2020, 06:09:45 pm »

I didn't pay as much attention to the videos

Dealing with unconscious bias unconsciously, I see.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154924 on: December 30, 2020, 02:15:51 am »

...what is hypermanganese?
Potassium permanganate
Um... I don't think (3%) peroxide should sting unless there's an open wound. It's in fact one of the things you can put on a wound and it can spill over to surrounding skin. It shouldn't make skin go white or stiff. Are you sure that was 3% concentration?

Also what you were trying to do there was essentially ignite the carbon with the oxygen from the H2O2. So you probably need more starting energy for that.
Shows I should read labels more carefuly. I thought the one we were using for cuts was 0.3%. It is indeed 3%. The bottle I thought was 3% is actually labeled as 30%.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154925 on: December 30, 2020, 03:08:41 am »

...what is hypermanganese?
Potassium permanganate
Um... I don't think (3%) peroxide should sting unless there's an open wound. It's in fact one of the things you can put on a wound and it can spill over to surrounding skin. It shouldn't make skin go white or stiff. Are you sure that was 3% concentration?

Also what you were trying to do there was essentially ignite the carbon with the oxygen from the H2O2. So you probably need more starting energy for that.
Shows I should read labels more carefuly. I thought the one we were using for cuts was 0.3%. It is indeed 3%. The bottle I thought was 3% is actually labeled as 30%.

please be careful with these things >_> i know you're not exactly playing about with ether but even simple experiments where you're getting the concentration wrong by a magnitude cannot end well.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154926 on: December 30, 2020, 04:08:33 am »

I was trying to be careful before it failed to do explode. Put it under a copper dome, wore face shield. I got it on my fingers when I was cleaing up. I should have worn gloves.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154927 on: December 31, 2020, 01:04:12 am »

I got asked by an acquaintance if I was circumcised or not. I'm not answering that here; I have the right to not answer questions about my genitals, but... what the absolute fuck is that question? Mind you, he's not my doctor or anything. My own judgement is that we may as well be strangers, and he's not privy to that sort of information.

I asked him what kind of motive he had for asking me such a bizarre question, and he just said that I'm cute. I'm so lost.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #154928 on: December 31, 2020, 01:05:51 am »

He was into you. And apparently dumb.

That said, I was horrified to learn how often that's done in the US.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154929 on: December 31, 2020, 01:20:46 am »

Yeah, friend, he is into you.
Also yeah circumcision is a gross practice in my opinion.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154930 on: December 31, 2020, 01:35:17 am »

Now that I think of it, that question was structurally similar to asking about a woman's pubic hair. Similar target; genitals. Still doesn't stop it and other questions like it from being massively fucking inappropriate with strangers. That's, like an 11/10 on the Questions You Don't Ask Strangers Scale.

Also... oh fuck. People are into me? Shit. I've been denying that such a thing could even happen, but now that I've been presented with high quality evidence (in the most uncomfortable way possible), I simply can't pretend that it doesn't happen. Oh no.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154931 on: December 31, 2020, 01:52:44 am »

Wait, weren’t you the same dude who was harassed by that fellow who kept telling you that girls find you attractive? The same guy who said you needed to talk about Tic Toc more?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154932 on: December 31, 2020, 02:24:57 am »

I don't feel particularly harassed, per se, but that fellow does still tell me that girls are attracted to me. I discarded all instances of such as smooth talking, but that incident involving that guy earlier made me realize he's probably not fucking with me. He's probably speaking a positively-biased version of the truth, still. My current assessment is that it's less biased than I thought. He seems like a pretty decent person otherwise, so I'm friends with him and I put up with his stories.

The Tik Tok thing was fairly minor; I don't bother talking about it, and yet people (both boys and girls) find me attractive. I don't even try to appeal to anyone, yet it still happens. What are they attracted to? I see nothing attractive in myself, so I really don't have a damn clue what they see in me. I would quite enjoy it if they just sat down with me and explained why they see me in such a positive light. Maybe it would cure them of their attraction towards me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154933 on: December 31, 2020, 02:43:41 am »

Just . . . don't worry about it too much. You can literally say "no thank you" if you want, or "I'm not ready for that right now." Relationships are for you to explore and decide what you want.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154934 on: December 31, 2020, 03:37:23 am »

Meth got those rugged handsome ladies' man looks.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.
Pages: 1 ... 10327 10328 [10329] 10330 10331 ... 10973