Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10328 10329 [10330] 10331 10332 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13144780 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154935 on: December 31, 2020, 09:24:06 am »

I work in a primary school. A few weeks ago, the principal decided to have an "English Festival" which started with a singing competition (songs in English, obviously).

Now, the principal decided there was "too much English" in the English singing competition and cut all of my students' hosting lines. Poor kids - they were excited to show off for their parents, too.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154936 on: December 31, 2020, 09:37:14 am »

...that principal is stupid

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154937 on: December 31, 2020, 09:39:48 am »

Remember that this is China. I’m surprised the children are back in school btw.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #154938 on: December 31, 2020, 09:41:50 am »

Remember that this is China. I’m surprised the children are back in school btw.

Have been for a while, now. This semester went off without a hitch, but we'll see what happens after Spring Festival, as that will be our super-spreader if we have one.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154939 on: December 31, 2020, 09:51:31 am »

Does the spring festival have too much spring in it as well?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #154940 on: December 31, 2020, 09:53:12 am »

Due to austerity the heating will not be switched on this year and snowfall is expected to continue until mid-May, yes.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #154941 on: December 31, 2020, 10:15:13 am »

Does the spring festival have too much spring in it as well?
HAH
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154942 on: December 31, 2020, 10:29:49 am »

Due to austerity the heating will not be switched on this year and snowfall is expected to continue until mid-May, yes.

I blame groundhogs for this.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #154943 on: December 31, 2020, 10:30:20 am »

I work in a primary school. A few weeks ago, the principal decided to have an "English Festival" which started with a singing competition (songs in English, obviously).

Now, the principal decided there was "too much English" in the English singing competition and cut all of my students' hosting lines. Poor kids - they were excited to show off for their parents, too.
Did someone complain or tell him to knock it off?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #154944 on: December 31, 2020, 09:33:02 pm »

We have this one hen that insists on laying in the old rabbit hutch. Like she will refuse to lay and hold it and then run out of the coop whenever she hears/sees us coming in the hopes we'll let her out of their caged run. Which is only slightly complicated by the fact the snow we received last night is deeper than she is tall at the shoulders and I have to carry her over to it.

Probably doesn't help they're all so used to roaming free around the property and this is the first real snow storm we've had in over a month. Rest of them are staying and laying in the coop though, won't even come out into the run. Just one persistent hen.

But she'll freeze to death or get eaten by coyotes if I don't catch her nd put her back inside...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154945 on: January 01, 2021, 06:08:06 am »

We have this one hen that insists on laying in the old rabbit hutch. Like she will refuse to lay and hold it and then run out of the coop whenever she hears/sees us coming in the hopes we'll let her out of their caged run. Which is only slightly complicated by the fact the snow we received last night is deeper than she is tall at the shoulders and I have to carry her over to it.

Probably doesn't help they're all so used to roaming free around the property and this is the first real snow storm we've had in over a month. Rest of them are staying and laying in the coop though, won't even come out into the run. Just one persistent hen.

But she'll freeze to death or get eaten by coyotes if I don't catch her nd put her back inside...

oh man I've got one that loves her 'hiding places' and likes changing them pretty much the exact moment I locate them. 2 days ago she slept outside in the snow because I couldn't find her after an hour of looking, she ran off about 5 mins before I closed the coop -.- she also 'insists' to lay her egg in these places, if you just lock her with the nesting boxes she will completely ignore it while singing.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #154946 on: January 01, 2021, 07:21:04 pm »

if you just lock her with the nesting boxes she will completely ignore it while singing.

Potential DF feature? :P
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154947 on: January 01, 2021, 08:09:47 pm »

if you just lock her with the nesting boxes she will completely ignore it while singing.

Potential DF feature? :P

yeah one of the most unrealistic features in DF is that chickens will actually use nesting boxes. completely immersion-breaking. at least with rimworld you get some realism. eggs in the bushes, eggs on the paths, eggs in the freezer...

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154948 on: January 01, 2021, 09:29:51 pm »

A previous batch of rescue hens we had spent a few weeks with a fancy for laying in a patch of tall grass about four feet from their run. We let the hens have the run of the garden a lot of the time, and we were puzzled after a few days of there being no eggs in the nestbox, so we figured they must be laying elsewhere and checked the usual place in some tubs the greenhouse. No eggs there. So we locked them back up to see how they reacted, next morning they were desperate to get out into the garden, and upon being let out one immediately ran for this little patch of tall dry grass and proceeded to add an egg onto a pile of about a dozen nestled in a little nook they'd made.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154949 on: January 01, 2021, 09:58:02 pm »

My neighbors have a few.  Keep them in a small fenced off area with a child's wooden play set.  They have a swing set :)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 10328 10329 [10330] 10331 10332 ... 10980