Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10381 10382 [10383] 10384 10385 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13179301 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #155730 on: February 12, 2021, 05:28:26 pm »

Actually, the third one looks like a pain elemental to me!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155731 on: February 12, 2021, 05:37:49 pm »

Actually, the third one looks like a pain elemental to me!

A bread elemental? Here?

Damnit, someone set their summoning circle to too high of a temperature again.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155732 on: February 12, 2021, 09:59:44 pm »

Fine, then I'll post the French Dune picture.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #155733 on: February 12, 2021, 10:52:35 pm »

I've split the RGB components of each databent image and stacked them on top of each other. I've decided to show both the black-and-white and colorized versions. You can sorta see how Paulstretch just crashes through the RGB components of the planar RAW images, completely disregarding things like "boundaries". Because it's really only funny to waste people's bandwidth once, I've decided to scale these ones to a more reasonable, non-bandwidth-hogging size. All 6 images total to ~3 MB.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 10:57:41 pm by methylatedspirit »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155734 on: February 12, 2021, 11:19:54 pm »

Fine, then I'll post the French Dune picture.

Rev mother really rockin that 'stache. The baguettes look ok too, but i am more interested in the cinnamon spice rolls. Sadly, because I dont speak French, she just shouts "Putain de merde!" At me when I ask.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 11:41:37 pm by wierd »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155735 on: February 13, 2021, 02:39:11 am »

OK...

Google? I know you really dont care too much about who you do business with, but please, I need to know.

Why exactly did you show me this, and what the hell is it an advert for?

No, I sure as hell am not going to click it. That is how I will end up with an eternity of old woman poop ads. No.

Just tell me why I deserved this. What algorithm decided I needed to know, or would be excited by, a 71 year old woman probably passing half her body weight in feces?  How did it decide this?

I want to know, so I can change my ways and never get presented with this kind of thing again.

K.

Thanx, bai.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #155736 on: February 13, 2021, 02:48:24 am »

I guess it's because you work with old people? I suppose a 71-year old woman just shitting out massive amounts of feces is just par for the course in your job.

I'm also reminded of that awful Jilly Juice thing, where one of the touted benefits is that you'll get diarrhea. Of course, it's not called "diarrhea", they're called "waterfalls", and it's supposed to be the toxins leaving your body.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155737 on: February 13, 2021, 03:04:24 am »

Well, it kinda is.

Your body responds that way when it thinks it is poisoned.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #155738 on: February 13, 2021, 03:37:01 am »

Yeah, but they say that the Jilly Juice is the detox, and the stuff that comes out are undefined "toxins".

I think that's a common theme with alt-med things in general. It doesn't matter if you're blasting out of both ends, having a seizure and just generally dying, that's just the stuff "working its magic". In which case, I would like to market small doses of rat poison as an alternative medicine. Of course, I'll have to give it a fancy name and suitable marketing spin, but I think I can just claim that it'll make you healthier, perform better in bed, make you more attractive to everyone, and so on. The more insecurities I market to, the better.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 03:40:47 am by methylatedspirit »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155739 on: February 13, 2021, 03:40:55 am »

You mean Warfarin?

(ducks)

What you are really looking for, is "Miracle Mineral Solution!"

It's everything you could hope for in an alt-med supplement!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 03:43:02 am by wierd »

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #155740 on: February 13, 2021, 04:17:01 am »

You mean Warfarin?

Absolutely! Hijack the reputation of Warfarin! Classic alt-med trick. Maybe I can come up with some bullshit about your blood hardening over time, and you need my new totally-not-rat-poison supplement to soften it, to make it flow better so that you don't get congestive heart failure. I'm fairly certain I'll get laughed out of a Biology class for saying that, but since when was bullshit not profitable?

Dear lord. I remember this one time, some fuckers who I'll have to begrudgingly call "parents" literally fed MMS to their children to "cure" their autism. It's some horrible combination of parental attachment and a complete lack of understanding of developmental disorders, I think. They wouldn't go this far if it was a stranger's child, but because it's theirs, they feel some responsibility to "cure" it, despite autism not yet being curable.

And even then, I'm not quite sure of the ethics of "curing" the autistic. The high-functioning ones are perfectly capable of leading healthy and well-adjusted lives given good (and preferably early) intervention, so do you demarcate it at degree of functioning? What is that, changing the way in which someone thinks fundamentally just because it's not "smart" enough for you? Dubious, methinks. It's just an ethical minefield everywhere you go.

I wouldn't get a cure, even if it existed. It'd be like giving working eyes to a blind-from-birth person; are you sure that any of those things that would have to be rewired are even gonna work as intended? Would I even care about the added capabilities at this point in my life, and would it overwrite my current ones? Would I even want those? What of my personality? Am I truly "me" after a cure?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155741 on: February 13, 2021, 04:26:58 am »

Well, with warfarin, you could really skate that legal minefield hard.

"The Active Ingredient in ClotAway has been CLINICALLY PROVEN to be effective in the treatment of deep vein thrombosis, Coronary heart disease, Peripheral arterial disease, and many more!  Got cold feet? Try ClotAway! Painful numbness in an extremity? Try ClotAway!"

Etc...

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155742 on: February 13, 2021, 04:32:06 am »

I remember hearing about that. People forcing bleach enemas on their non-verbal kids to cure their autism. The vacuum decay apocalypse is overdue.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #155743 on: February 13, 2021, 06:50:05 am »

You mean Warfarin?

Absolutely! Hijack the reputation of Warfarin! Classic alt-med trick. Maybe I can come up with some bullshit about your blood hardening over time, and you need my new totally-not-rat-poison supplement to soften it, to make it flow better so that you don't get congestive heart failure. I'm fairly certain I'll get laughed out of a Biology class for saying that, but since when was bullshit not profitable?

Dear lord. I remember this one time, some fuckers who I'll have to begrudgingly call "parents" literally fed MMS to their children to "cure" their autism. It's some horrible combination of parental attachment and a complete lack of understanding of developmental disorders, I think. They wouldn't go this far if it was a stranger's child, but because it's theirs, they feel some responsibility to "cure" it, despite autism not yet being curable.

And even then, I'm not quite sure of the ethics of "curing" the autistic. The high-functioning ones are perfectly capable of leading healthy and well-adjusted lives given good (and preferably early) intervention, so do you demarcate it at degree of functioning? What is that, changing the way in which someone thinks fundamentally just because it's not "smart" enough for you? Dubious, methinks. It's just an ethical minefield everywhere you go.

I wouldn't get a cure, even if it existed. It'd be like giving working eyes to a blind-from-birth person; are you sure that any of those things that would have to be rewired are even gonna work as intended? Would I even care about the added capabilities at this point in my life, and would it overwrite my current ones? Would I even want those? What of my personality? Am I truly "me" after a cure?

RogueandSixDickJohnny.png
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #155744 on: February 13, 2021, 06:50:33 am »

China will grow larger
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 10381 10382 [10383] 10384 10385 ... 10983