Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10440 10441 [10442] 10443 10444 ... 10979

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13134519 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #156615 on: April 11, 2021, 10:44:20 am »

Almost got into a fight at the laundromat because someone tried claiming that all my clothes in one of the machines was his.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #156616 on: April 11, 2021, 10:57:22 am »

Its usually a mistake, but yea you gotta shut that down.  Might be a decent idea to actually put your own marks on any tags you have on your shirts and pants if you use public services like laundromats.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #156617 on: April 11, 2021, 07:52:00 pm »

I got a bit sidetracked while I was supposed to do some online English listening tests, and I took this 'English level test'. I got "upper intermediate", scoring 89%. How good do you need to be to get "advanced"? You'd need to be fucking perfect at that rate! I suppose the entire thing is a test of context, and I got my context from the Internet and memes. They're expecting a "proper" context, like actually living and being educated in Britain or some shit like that.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #156618 on: April 11, 2021, 08:00:35 pm »

Alright. Here you go, delphonso! I'll have to declare a seizure warning.

frog speaking chinese meme """improved"""

It doesn't look like absolute trash upscaled to 4K (nearest neighbor), which is surprising given the insane bitrate of the output video. No wonder it took so long to process. The output was so noisy, that the "compressed" lossless version ended up being larger than the original raw video despite being the same resolution!

As a sidenote: While doing this, Windows decided that my naming scheme for my files was so bad that Explorer literally froze up. Had to rename the problem file in Command Prompt. The name was "frog-meme-vid-libopus-320k.opus". Make of that what you will.

Thank you for this monstrosity.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #156619 on: April 11, 2021, 10:31:52 pm »

I got a bit sidetracked while I was supposed to do some online English listening tests, and I took this 'English level test'. I got "upper intermediate", scoring 89%. How good do you need to be to get "advanced"? You'd need to be fucking perfect at that rate!

I got 94%. I think "advanced" is included in "upper intermediate or above". The test isn't sophisticated (dress? :P) enough to test if you're advanced or not.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #156620 on: April 11, 2021, 11:55:03 pm »

As part of my quest to find good, freely-licensed test media, I've watched a lossless 480p version of the 2006 short film Elephant's Dream (lossless version, YT version). I don't know what I just watched. "Elephant's Dream", my ass! That was a bad drug trip and a half! I'm just hoping that Big Buck Bunny isn't as incomprehensible.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156621 on: April 12, 2021, 01:04:42 am »

What makes that video lossless?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #156622 on: April 12, 2021, 01:24:58 am »

The one I got in the lossless link is in the .y4m format, which is by design a format that is only a bunch of uncompressed frames along with a tiny amount of metadata for playback. It's an exact, bit-for-bit copy of what came off the renderers. Then they used .xz compression to compress it, which is like ZIP compression, but way better. They also provide a .flac copy of the film's audio. FLAC, too, is lossless. It's hilariously gigantic in terms of file size. That 480p copy of Elephant's Dream, for instance, is 7 GB decompressed. And it's only 10 minutes and 53 seconds!

I used FFmpeg to just place both the audio and video into an MKV container without reencoding. It's probably the single most overkill way to watch a movie, but I needed to know my source material before I databend it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 01:31:44 am by methylatedspirit »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156623 on: April 12, 2021, 01:43:00 am »

You might consider huffYUV instead.

It too is lossless, but needs the video to be in YUV format.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #156624 on: April 12, 2021, 01:56:52 am »

One step ahead of ya! I prefer ffvhuff, which is similar to HuffYUV, but has better compression ratios, and supports all the pixel formats. Look!

Code: [Select]
Supported pixel formats: yuv420p yuv422p yuv444p yuv411p yuv410p yuv440p gbrp gbrp9le gbrp10le gbrp12le gbrp14le gbrp16le gray gray16le yuva420p yuva422p yuva444p gbrap yuv420p9le yuv420p10le yuv420p12le yuv420p14le yuv420p16le yuv422p9le yuv422p10le yuv422p12le yuv422p14le yuv422p16le yuv444p9le yuv444p10le yuv444p12le yuv444p14le yuv444p16le yuva420p9le yuva420p10le yuva420p16le yuva422p9le yuva422p10le yuva422p16le yuva444p9le yuva444p10le yuva444p16le rgb24 bgra
Compare with HuffYUV:
Code: [Select]
Supported pixel formats: yuv422p rgb24 bgra
It's not compatible with HuffYUV, but it's also an open standard, and I work in FFmpeg anyway. It's about the only thing that'll accommodate my nonsensical experiments. VLC does support it; it uses FFmpeg as part of its decoder backend, so it'd be surprising if it didn't.

When I wanted to watch those lossless movies, I just needed the fastest way to get the audio and video together so that they'd play in VLC.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156625 on: April 12, 2021, 09:50:06 am »

diarrhea is the word for liquid shit so what is the word for solid piss?

(Time sensitive question please respond)
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156626 on: April 12, 2021, 09:51:23 am »

Kidney stones?
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156628 on: April 12, 2021, 10:44:29 am »

Good lord, AW, if you're implying what I think you are, please get help from your parents if you haven't already.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156629 on: April 12, 2021, 10:47:42 am »

Spoiler: large image (click to show/hide)

Google seems to think that german is french.

Edit: My bad. The lower portion of the page (not on screen) is actually french. I just saw all the german text under the images and thought all of it was german.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 10:49:18 am by Mathel »
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.
Pages: 1 ... 10440 10441 [10442] 10443 10444 ... 10979