Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10530 10531 [10532] 10533 10534 ... 10978

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13116610 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #157965 on: July 29, 2021, 08:47:35 am »

Ahahaha I keep forgetting to write that properly. Also the whole situation certainly can use some comedic oily poultry relief...
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157966 on: July 29, 2021, 01:43:49 pm »

Here, I would expect police to use water guns against a riot.

And yes, I am completely aware, that in that situation, it would have been giving them exactly what they wanted, and also probably more expensive than ammo.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #157967 on: July 29, 2021, 09:48:27 pm »

Inquiring minds might want to know that ants detest cinnamon. It burns their little feet.
that made me go wtf, is that true?
are their tiny feetses hurt?
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #157968 on: July 29, 2021, 09:50:23 pm »

Cinnamon will burn human skin fairly easy if you spill it on you. Not surprising it would be more effective against smaller, more fragile creatureses.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157969 on: July 30, 2021, 01:34:30 am »

Inquiring minds might want to know that ants detest cinnamon. It burns their little feet.
that made me go wtf, is that true?
are their tiny feetses hurt?

Yes, I've used it as a deterrent before. It works well, in my opinion.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157970 on: July 30, 2021, 03:35:57 am »

Cinnamon will burn human skin fairly easy if you spill it on you. Not surprising it would be more effective against smaller, more fragile creatureses.

Well... Endoskeletal and exoskeletal beings tend to have a few notable differences when it comes to topical applications.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157971 on: July 30, 2021, 08:22:00 am »

So, I just read that cinnamon burns ants... and since I put sugar and cinnamon on toast, I was wondering what an ant would do if it wanted to haul away a sugar crystal that was powdered with cinnamon when the aroma probably assaults their chemical sensors too, and as I looked at it from the magnified viewpoint of that hypothetical ant, I got this image of a dwarf attempting to put a !!bucket!! into a stockpile. My chain of thought just ate its tail.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157972 on: July 30, 2021, 08:53:27 am »

We are also out of cinnamon. Things are shaping up badly, more than usual because the lack of fuels.. the queues for gasoline last for weeks and numbers to thousands of cars, you can see some marked with numbers like 8 thousand or 12 thousand and some.... is madness and some food stuff is starting to be on shortage. Thankfully nothing really important for the general public, unless you count cilantro important, which I do.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #157973 on: July 30, 2021, 07:50:14 pm »

Made it six years but I finally got smacked by the "Win10 randomly updates and deletes all Windows apps, including the start menu, powershell, and file explorer" bat.

Thankfully it took less than an hour to run a reset install and re-add my programs, but still. Fucking Microsoft.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157974 on: July 31, 2021, 12:58:28 am »

Made it six years but I finally got smacked by the "Win10 randomly updates and deletes all Windows apps, including the start menu, powershell, and file explorer" bat.

Thankfully it took less than an hour to run a reset install and re-add my programs, but still. Fucking Microsoft.
Fuck Microsoft.  Were always bad, only updated their methods to push their mobile shit.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157975 on: July 31, 2021, 01:59:51 am »

I tested this yesterday by putting some cinnamon powder on the back of my hand. It took about 5 minutes for it to start feeling like a beginning of a sunburn.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157976 on: July 31, 2021, 02:51:08 am »

This kind of shit is the reason I've stuck with Win 7, because it seems like everything they've done after that is kind of shit.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157977 on: July 31, 2021, 06:15:24 am »

For the past few years, most of my job has been fixing the problems Windows 10 created. I dread the technological horror that will be 11.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #157978 on: July 31, 2021, 06:21:43 am »

11 sounds like a step towards apple-ifying windows, tbh.  Creating arcologies between the user-bases.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157979 on: July 31, 2021, 12:30:13 pm »

What is meant by Appleifying? I’m not sure what specifically you’re referring to, slowing down older systems each update?
Pages: 1 ... 10530 10531 [10532] 10533 10534 ... 10978