Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10531 10532 [10533] 10534 10535 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999043 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #157980 on: July 31, 2021, 12:37:53 pm »

I think is "shoppifinding" the whole environment into a closed one (wall in it) and making everything obscure and arcane to the user. This also has the perk for them to artificially make systems obsolete as they please.

Apple however, as much as I dislike it, is pretty successful at this crap because they have been like that from day one and have a pretty competent quality control over their own software most of the time.

Meanwhile mocosoft....
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157981 on: July 31, 2021, 12:43:46 pm »

W10 hid directX 12 away from older systems, now it's auto-hdr and direct storage that are supposed to lure you in...

I love how journos are like: "improved look" instead of "oh wow look another alegria inspired bright mess -.-"
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157982 on: July 31, 2021, 01:25:27 pm »

Basically that is happening with everything.... see games overall, the prettier they get, the more hollow, stupid, repetitive and nickle and dime they get, not to mention rushed and bug riden... But "look those 4k 120fps graphics!!!"
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #157983 on: July 31, 2021, 11:15:33 pm »

Ever since we started running a light classical music channel fairly often for one of my grandparents, I'm noticing that, like... Gershwin is really identifiable. Only ever really sat down and listened to Rhapsody in Blue, but there's been like four or five of their other pieces that had me going from the other room, "Wait a tick, is that Gershwin?" and then going to check and finding out that, yup, it was Gershwin. Hard to recall anything else that's quite so apparently distinct.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157984 on: August 01, 2021, 04:52:38 am »

I still can't figure out why people make such a damn big deal about graphics, because fancy graphics can't save a game with shit gameplay, also they take up so much space on a hard drive that you can't have a bunch installed at one time.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157985 on: August 01, 2021, 06:36:57 am »

That lead me to DF. I love strategy and city building games. After a while they all seemed so simple and on top of that newer ones were simpler, and simpler, and more gamey and arcadey.... take total war or dawn of war series as examples.

I which all games tried to be more Dward Fortress like in the granularity it has. It migth be a turn off for some people but DF also has the mechanics already to some extent, and the potential to also be highly strategic, so you can go from design your king's bathroom and wardobe, to order towns fundations and mining expedtions up to command armies and wars.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 11:45:12 am by LordBaal »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157986 on: August 01, 2021, 11:59:57 pm »

Quote from: JSA Animated Movie Box Blurb
Barry Allen [The Flash] goes back in time to WWII and meets the Justice Society

Goddammit Barry
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157987 on: August 02, 2021, 12:41:44 am »

It's really suspicious that Youtube can offer us clips from almost everything (restrictions apply).
Maybe torrenting is better.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #157988 on: August 02, 2021, 07:35:51 pm »

Doing something, feel odd sharp prick in one of fingers, like sticking yourself on a safety pin or whatever. Look down, there's straight up a strand of my hair impaled into my finger, actually jammed past the top layer of the skin like a needle. What the actual fuck.
Ask not!
Ask!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #157989 on: August 02, 2021, 07:51:33 pm »

Think I've done that with beard hairs before. Turns out that really thin things are also necessarily pointy, if they're rigid enough.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #157990 on: August 02, 2021, 08:09:16 pm »

Have definitely embedded beard in my finger, can confirm.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #157991 on: August 02, 2021, 11:52:18 pm »

Stick another entry into the "Why I Fucking Hate Human Biology" list, I guess.

People who seriously propose intelligent design have presumably never had their own hair stabbed into them like a bloody needle, 'cause that is just some A grade stupid nonsense.
Ask not!
Ask!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157992 on: August 03, 2021, 01:01:18 am »

Stick another entry into the "Why I Fucking Hate Human Biology" list, I guess.

People who seriously propose intelligent design have presumably never had their own hair stabbed into them like a bloody needle, 'cause that is just some A grade stupid nonsense.
Hair can stab into you? I’ve never had that happen before, is it only with short hair? If so, then me having long hair is probably why it hasn’t happened to me, if the length of the hair is irrelevant to whether it can stab, what factor(s) make a hair able to stab?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157993 on: August 03, 2021, 01:25:25 am »

I've had it happen with hair clippings, especially the wiry hairs from my beard. It's never really happened with the head on my hair, which is past my shoulders again, but the ends of that are a lot more weathered and soft.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #157994 on: August 03, 2021, 02:38:56 pm »

(removed spam/bot postings from here and the sad thread - please try not to reply!  And especially don't reply with their link!  Or else everything has to be clipped)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 10531 10532 [10533] 10534 10535 ... 10974