Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10532 10533 [10534] 10535 10536 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999051 times)

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #157995 on: August 03, 2021, 07:09:28 pm »

It is so quiet here... is everyone on vacation?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #157996 on: August 03, 2021, 07:39:00 pm »

No, we just got deleted, that's all.

But like a good virus, we always come back.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157997 on: August 03, 2021, 07:40:38 pm »

Oh, I was! I was on vacation!

Is it my fault
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #157998 on: August 03, 2021, 07:41:27 pm »

They may be off handling a lot of emotional baggage right now; things seem pretty tumultuous for a fair shake of our friends here. The Great Toad did just snip half a page's worth of posts here and there, though, so some of today is no longer.

Pretty quiet few days for discussion/stuff worth arguing over, too.

I guess, more on topic- Is Canada still on fire? I'd love to be rid of the grayish haze that's plagued the sky 'round here for the last week or so. Similarly weirdly- plenty enough of friends weren't really aware that there was a wildfire somewhere that was deteriorating the air quality despite the fact that not-too-distant land contours were hazed.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #157999 on: August 03, 2021, 09:46:16 pm »

They may be off handling a lot of emotional baggage right now; things seem pretty tumultuous for a fair shake of our friends here. The Great Toad did just snip half a page's worth of posts here and there, though, so some of today is no longer.
We were just memeing on a spambot, it wasn't like there was drama.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #158000 on: August 03, 2021, 09:52:10 pm »

Oh, no, not related to that, I think a few Bay12ers just had rough days a few days prior.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158001 on: August 03, 2021, 11:05:01 pm »

It is so quiet here... is everyone on vacation?

Vector is moving house and petting aminal
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #158002 on: August 04, 2021, 05:39:25 am »

Hey, 3145 pages, that's me!

Also, I still have 6.7 posts-per-day despite spending months at a time not posting here. Kinda spooky.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #158003 on: August 04, 2021, 05:55:18 am »

Hey!!

Yea IDGI, despite years of at best a handful of posts a week I still clear 5 ppd
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #158004 on: August 04, 2021, 07:41:56 am »

Okay, I parallelized that odd video-to-audio-to-video script. Only problem now is that it fucks up the terminal colors after running it. Observe the hacky parallelization code:

Code: [Select]
if __name__ == '__main__':
    pool  = multiprocessing.Pool(None)
    tasks_intermediate = range(int(start),int(end) + 1)
    tasks_pt2 = [f"{i:06d}" for i in tasks_intermediate]
    tasks = [[i,pixel_format,audio_codec,sample_rate,bitrate,step3_out_extension,resolution,step5_out_extension,roll_amount,in_extension] for i in tasks_pt2]
    r = pool.starmap_async(imageencode,tasks,1)
    r.wait()

I'm not sure which part of this means "screw up the terminal colors completely". Powershell recovers with a cls. Command Prompt is usable but stuck to a random color within FFmpeg's color set regardless of clearing the screen. WSL can have the entire command prompt (the part you type in, rather) go invisible, with no recourse!

I strongly suspect it's the pool.starmap_async() in there.

Fakedit: it very much is pool.starmap_async(). Switching to pool.starmap() produces normal results.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158005 on: August 04, 2021, 12:15:08 pm »

Wtf with the anti gamer pc laws on the USA? I mean,  using a fucking electric grill sucks more power than a computer plugged all day. What the hell are people playing with? Saw it was specifically aimed at some dell and I think asus?

It seems it has something to do with crypto mining too but it really boggles the mind being so many other stupid things that also consume power even more so and people just dont care.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 12:51:36 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #158006 on: August 04, 2021, 12:39:57 pm »

Crypto wastes incredible amounts of power for no good reason, and if left to its own devices it overtakes production. I'm not surprised
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158007 on: August 04, 2021, 12:45:11 pm »

What if leaving your car idle solved made up math problems which earned you monopoly money that could be used to buy heroin online?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #158008 on: August 04, 2021, 12:47:15 pm »

Wtf with the anti gamer pc laws on the USA? I mean, a fucking using a electric grill sucks more power than a computer plugged all day. What the hell are people playing with? Saw it was specifically aimed at some dell and I think asus?

It seems it has something to do with crypto mining too but it really boggles the mind being so many other stupid things that also consume power even more so and people just dont care.

Hard earned wisdom: Never use electric grills for your fuckings
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158009 on: August 04, 2021, 12:52:58 pm »

Yeah, edited it already. Now heading to the burnt hospital.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 12:57:47 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 10532 10533 [10534] 10535 10536 ... 10974