Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10542 10543 [10544] 10545 10546 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13210966 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #158145 on: August 27, 2021, 08:41:12 am »

Some folks have lost theirs, yeah. I know I haven't been arsed to fix mine ever since upl.co went down.

Wait, other people are going without avatars now too? I've had avatars turned off for everyone pretty much since they were a thing. I had an avatar of my own for about a day or two way back in the way-back. Otherwise I just don't really acknowledge that they exist

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #158146 on: August 27, 2021, 08:42:27 am »

haha first imgur went and disabled their avatar functionality, then a few sites went down.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158147 on: August 27, 2021, 12:26:03 pm »

I still have mine?

Edit: hell yeah.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

ijub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158148 on: August 27, 2021, 12:48:41 pm »

ijub I like that you’re very new to this forum and you’ve already found a great sig-quote. I love the sigs in this forum, it shows you the ‘major players’ (so to speak) and the layers of history it has, and lets you comb and comb through the past, find the big threads and their controversies. I mostly identify people not by their avatar but by their sig.

Cool.

Now show me where Toady keeps the cash money.
Relax kids.  you were okay when people were talking about professional lube.  Somebody mentions improvising 15 years ago and you get the willies?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158149 on: August 27, 2021, 02:07:25 pm »

See that blue stone? Dig all the way down, you'll find it in no time.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158150 on: August 27, 2021, 03:03:49 pm »

I like that my first thought was that you meant the oft-maligned Microcline.  What could be more valuable than a nice cyan construction material?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158151 on: August 27, 2021, 03:10:44 pm »

I like that my first thought was that you meant the oft-maligned Microcline.  What could be more valuable than a nice cyan construction material?

Nothing.

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #158152 on: August 27, 2021, 04:42:16 pm »

Yeah, when I read "stone", I didn't even think metal. That it was anything except microcline didn't even occur to me until rol said something implying it could be something else...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #158153 on: August 27, 2021, 06:00:43 pm »

Do you have a sigthread post yet?   :P

#sigtext
It feels dishonest to me. If God had wanted us to have huge sigs, wouldn’t he have just made the character limit larger?
It is our holy duty (and privilege) to work within the boundaries set for us.
(hence why my sig-quotes all date to the beginning of the Linux epoch)
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #158154 on: August 28, 2021, 05:49:48 am »

My front door fell off its hinges today when I went out with the dog. It took four people to lift it back in, and it has been locked indefinitely until a locksmith can take a look at it.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158155 on: August 28, 2021, 06:30:00 am »

It's a wooden door? Or a metal one? Most likely the hinges or their screws got lose (specially if is a wooden one).

If is made out of iron then they should be welded to the door and frame, not joined by screws.

At any rate, if the door is that heavy you must procure the hinges are appropriated for the weight.

Did it feel like it wasn't opening/closing well recently? You had to force it, felt heavier or once open it keep moving by itself? Or was something out of the blue? If so someone migth have tried to force entry into your place my friend.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #158156 on: August 28, 2021, 10:55:07 am »

My front door fell off its hinges today when I went out with the dog. It took four people to lift it back in, and it has been locked indefinitely until a locksmith can take a look at it.

We cannot get out. We cannot get out. They have taken the bridge and Second Hall. Frár and Lóni and Náli fell there bravely while the rest retreated to the Chamber of…Mazarbul.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158157 on: August 28, 2021, 01:18:34 pm »

We cannot get out. We cannot get out. They have taken the bridge and Second Hall. Frár and Lóni and Náli fell there bravely while the rest retreated to the Chamber of…Mazarbul.

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #158158 on: August 28, 2021, 02:53:42 pm »

It's a wooden door? Or a metal one? Most likely the hinges or their screws got lose (specially if is a wooden one).

If is made out of iron then they should be welded to the door and frame, not joined by screws.

At any rate, if the door is that heavy you must procure the hinges are appropriated for the weight.

Did it feel like it wasn't opening/closing well recently? You had to force it, felt heavier or once open it keep moving by itself? Or was something out of the blue? If so someone migth have tried to force entry into your place my friend.
The door is a windoor, it can be opened inwards at the top creating a sort of window, or opened regularly as a door, item's glass with a wooden frame. The issue is that it was part of a prefabricated house, which was the last house ever built by the company that built it, because they then went out of business. On top of that, it was an Austrian company, so altogether, it may be amongst the only of its specific kind in the Ireland (maybe a little exaggerated but still) so no-one knew how to fix it when it started opening at the top as a window when you wanted it to open as a door, leaving it hanging on just one hinge, or when it got to the point where you physically could not open it without it going into full window-door mode (which it was almost certainly not made to do) and hanging on one hinge. No-one did anything about it, and eventually that one hinge got tired of holding up a door which was way too heavy for it, and the door hinge committed suicide. And that's the story of why everyone entering the house had to either be lectured on how to open it without putting it one step closer to the grave or just letting someone who already knew how to open it do so for them, until as mentioned, the door hinge deliberately contracted Corona and died. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158159 on: August 28, 2021, 04:57:29 pm »

I... can't believe no one knows how to repair a hinge. Unless it's some not Euclidean piece of machinery straight from the mountain of madness or some top secret electronic thing.

I will fix it for you in no time, for the bargain price of 3 plane tickets, one of them for a 4 years old!

I would go alone but they are my emotional support family.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 07:17:27 pm by LordBaal »
Pages: 1 ... 10542 10543 [10544] 10545 10546 ... 10984