Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10552 10553 [10554] 10555 10556 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13006484 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #158295 on: September 15, 2021, 10:33:31 pm »

That, uh. Sounds somewhat expensive? Storage is pretty cheap these days, but a full on petabyte of it, um. Isn't. Cheap. Yet. Not even if it's cloud storage.

... you sure it's actually a straight up no joke petabyte of storage, no odd strings attached? A 100 or somethin' tb would be more reasonable, but 1k tb is legit kinda' (budget bustingly) crazy for anything that's not, like, a major corporation or somethin'.

e: is that why you call yourself delphonso, because you've somehow managed to figure out how to get hitched with Dell?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 10:36:13 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #158296 on: September 15, 2021, 10:52:10 pm »

My guess would be she has 100TB of storage and misremembered. Alternatively, this is something her boss bought without knowing anything about it - the company is small but he is exceptionally ignorant when it comes to tech. It would have been easy for someone to convince him he needed a petabyte, either a peer or a salesperson.

A quick look over baidu's cloud website (of which it has like...4 for some reason) says they support up to 100pb of data for businesses. Can't imagine the cost and they don't say it up front.

Cloud services must allocate space as needed right? Like you don't rent an actual hard drive anywhere, you just get files stored up to whatever limit you have. A petabyte seems like a safe size because literally no single person will use that.

Edit: also should note that she said the upload and download speeds are terrible, in case anyone found it appealing. Don't recommend, as she doesn't even use it because it's too inconvenient.

e: is that why you call yourself delphonso, because you've somehow managed to figure out how to get hitched with Dell?

It was supposed to be Dell Fiance, but this shitty dell keyboard messed it up.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 10:53:52 pm by delphonso »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158297 on: September 16, 2021, 10:43:35 am »

So, in a police precint jail on another state here 7 male inmates opened a hole in a wall hoping to scape, instead they ended up on the woman's cell, were 8 apparently very horny woman proceeded to engage in an orgy with them.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158298 on: September 16, 2021, 10:57:05 am »

Are the authorities going to leave the hole? The escape attempts will surely diminish sharply if they do... ;)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158299 on: September 16, 2021, 11:08:29 am »

In their defense they did all tried to open a wall from the woman's cell to the street first, but when they realized they could not then decided to make the best of the situation.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158300 on: September 16, 2021, 01:29:33 pm »

So, in a police precint jail on another state here 7 male inmates opened a hole in a wall hoping to scape, instead they ended up on the woman's cell, were 8 apparently very horny woman proceeded to engage in an orgy with them.
That's... *sigh* a heck of a booby prize. /pun

Glad they all had some fun though, taking the story at face value :)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #158301 on: September 16, 2021, 02:03:59 pm »

In their defense they did all tried to open a wall from the woman's cell to the street first, but when they realized they could not then decided to make the best of the situation.
I guess that's still a victory of sorts for all parties involved

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #158302 on: September 16, 2021, 02:07:07 pm »

What's the punishment for attempted escape, destruction of state property, and copious fortification while under federal custody?  ???
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158303 on: September 16, 2021, 02:14:01 pm »

They all were charged with attempted escape and acts against the moral and good customs. Not that it mattered much to them, the majority of them were jailed on murder charges.

link to a source. This happened almost a year ago but only heard of it today while on a queue in a doctor's office.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 02:17:10 pm by LordBaal »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #158304 on: September 17, 2021, 08:29:53 pm »

Y'know, when I stepped into cute gadget lizardgirl litrpg, I wasn't expecting to shortly end up with
Like, I've here for it so far, but that wasn't where it looked like things were going.

I guess someone felt like going the extra mile to make a lizard brain joke...
Ask not!
Ask!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158305 on: September 18, 2021, 10:50:23 am »

What's the punishment for attempted escape, destruction of state property, and copious fortification while under federal custody?  ???

Let's just say they're fucked
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #158306 on: September 18, 2021, 07:04:45 pm »

fedex has to physically mail you the activation code to their shipping manager login page

i'm trying to register to fedex's shipping manager login page because they don't understand where/how to ship my package to me

i'm pretty sure they're not going to understand how to physically mail the activation code to the manager login page so i can provide instruction on how to physically mail the activation code to the manager login page so i can provide instruction for how to mail my package to me

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #158307 on: September 18, 2021, 10:51:41 pm »

tbn (major christian broadcasting network the grandparents watch fairly often, to everyone's detriment) had a comedian on for... some reason.

Pretty much their entire act was making remarkably weak jokes about different ways their parents hit them and their siblings.

Was just, like. One, honey, you ain't particularly funny. Two, therapy my dude, you probably got some problems you need to talk to someone about :-\
Ask not!
Ask!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #158308 on: September 18, 2021, 11:16:52 pm »

Nah, he knows his audience. He's not funny, just relatable. So he's using material his audience can relate to.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158309 on: September 18, 2021, 11:28:52 pm »

prime boomer humor, sounds like.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 10552 10553 [10554] 10555 10556 ... 10974