Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10554 10555 [10556] 10557 10558 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998719 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #158325 on: September 23, 2021, 06:23:30 am »

But caballo is horse in spanish...

This is not hard to look up.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158326 on: September 23, 2021, 06:52:01 am »

People believe in stupid things regardless of their nationality. No one is really exempt from it. Like its probably a good idea to connect a water heater to a copper pipe and a stainless steel pipe because "they are all pipes so shut up and connect it"....

Edit: I hate doing plumbing works.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 06:57:54 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158327 on: September 23, 2021, 06:58:02 am »

(Had a copper fitting attached to a galvanized one in my bathroom... replaced it with PVC. Idiots and electrochemistry dont mix.)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #158328 on: September 23, 2021, 07:18:37 am »

copper fitting attached to a galvanized one in my bathroom...

Just brilliant.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #158329 on: September 23, 2021, 07:38:21 am »

Listen, everyone can be an armchair plumber in hindsight....
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158330 on: September 23, 2021, 08:00:17 am »

Here most modern plumbing is made with pvc, old houses have galvanized or even some copper plumbing. Sometimes its just patches and welds.

However you can find the odd installations.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158331 on: September 23, 2021, 08:12:48 am »

In this case, the old plumbing was galvanized. The vertical stem that feeds the showerhead, in particular.

The valve assembly was all-copper. The two were fitted together.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158332 on: September 23, 2021, 08:44:25 am »

That reminds me of the plumbers here.

They were called because two radiator valves leaked (all valves, pipes and radiators were iron). Instead of fixing them, they replaced the radiators with ones with brass valves. Later, they were called because the new valves still leaked. This time, they managed to fix one of them.

One of the valves still leaks, but not enough to bother calling them again.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #158333 on: September 23, 2021, 10:44:29 am »

Ungh, that reminds me, I need to tighten down my showerhead....

That's the entire span of my understanding of plumbing. Fortunately, I found an adjustable wrench just laying in a field the other day, so now I have an adjustable wrench with which to tighten down my showerhead!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158334 on: September 25, 2021, 04:36:53 pm »

My wife calls me to ask a favor, she is doing half shifts on a drugstore nearby. She found a dog that obviously miss from home. I really, REALLY hope the owners appear soon. This is the ball of fur:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158335 on: September 25, 2021, 04:59:36 pm »

he's cute
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158336 on: September 25, 2021, 05:10:50 pm »

My heart is still very broken from Laika, I truly can't have a dog, again, probably ever.... pete already called him Perry.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158337 on: September 25, 2021, 05:13:09 pm »

Perfect size though.  Maybe you can find a way to let your boy have him.  idk.

I was always told that it's impossible to have another pet until it suddenly just happens.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158338 on: September 25, 2021, 06:04:58 pm »

Owners already appeared and I gave him back to them. It was a very well behaved and calm dog, with an obsession about peeing everything, guess is normal being in a new environment. Oh his real name is Coco, Perry sounds a million times better.

Perhaps when pete grows up and we leave our chronic state of poverty he'll get a dog, but me? Laika was our "first kid". She sleep with both of us as a puppy of only a few weeks old. She went trough hell and back with us and one day almost lost an eye defending Pedro from a dog trice her size. She was overly angry, anxious and filled with hate for everyone and everything that wasn't pete, my wife or me. The space she left in my heart won't ever be filled by any other creature (I'm sorry for you Tortugina), there will be no more dogs for me.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158339 on: September 25, 2021, 06:29:20 pm »

Godspeed Perry!
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 10554 10555 [10556] 10557 10558 ... 10974