Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10564 10565 [10566] 10567 10568 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13137084 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #158475 on: October 15, 2021, 08:18:03 pm »

And mine, for reminding me of that franchise!  Something I vaguely remember from my childhood, but I think I only saw ads for it.
I don't remember them being so, uh.  Ripped?
"I hope this didn't awaken anything in me"
It *didn't* but I'm definitely going to check the show out now.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #158476 on: October 15, 2021, 08:19:05 pm »

Tomorrow, you will find a mousetrap in your shoe, the words "WE KNOW" scrawled besides it in cheese. Sleep lightly, Traveller.
Ooh, free cheese!
Don't eat the floor cheese, rol, c'mon now. The mice know exactly where it's been, they wouldn't be writing with the good cheese.

e: though yeah, that poster's from the '06 28 episode reboot thing that apparently exists. If they don't line up with your memory of the original, that's probably why :P
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 08:22:09 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158477 on: October 15, 2021, 08:20:22 pm »

Don't eat the floor cheese, rol, c'mon now. The mice know exactly where it's been, they wouldn't be writing with the good cheese.
*handful of cheese*
But.. cheese?  Aw, you make a good point. Maybe there's better cheese nearby.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158478 on: October 15, 2021, 08:28:07 pm »

And mine, for reminding me of that franchise!  Something I vaguely remember from my childhood, but I think I only saw ads for it.
I don't remember them being so, uh.  Ripped?
"I hope this didn't awaken anything in me"
It *didn't* but I'm definitely going to check the show out now.

I had the snes game, a sort of isometric/top down racing game.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158479 on: October 15, 2021, 09:17:03 pm »

I think the show is lost to the sands of times. Like space strikers (the first cartoon ever to have actual computer made 3d sequences)
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #158480 on: October 15, 2021, 10:58:34 pm »

Eh... it had a reboot/continuation in 2006. Idle google makes it look like you can find most of the episodes for the original or '06 series online pretty easily, too. It's less lost than a lot of the oldies, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158481 on: October 16, 2021, 04:02:57 am »

Maybe it just never truely dawned in me before. But now that I am thinking about it in detail, I am kinda disturbed by it. That I am illegal, in some places.

The thing is that I am not very straight. And that is pretty much illegal in some parts of the world.

Like, my existence is a considered a crime there. Luckily, where I live has no such laws, even though the recognition pretty much ends there.

But, like, what the hell? Why? Goodness gracious I can't imagine if I was born in those places.

YOU WILL NEVER GET ME ALIVE!
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158482 on: October 16, 2021, 04:51:42 am »

Maybe it just never truely dawned in me before. But now that I am thinking about it in detail, I am kinda disturbed by it. That I am illegal, in some places.

The thing is that I am not very straight. And that is pretty much illegal in some parts of the world.

Like, my existence is a considered a crime there. Luckily, where I live has no such laws, even though the recognition pretty much ends there.

But, like, what the hell? Why? Goodness gracious I can't imagine if I was born in those places.

YOU WILL NEVER GET ME ALIVE!

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158483 on: October 16, 2021, 05:11:01 am »

I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158484 on: October 16, 2021, 05:56:01 am »

this is my .02$ worth on the whole thing:

You have two opposing forces, combined with a patriarchal model, conspiring to produce the kind of systemic "NO! NONE OF THE GAY!" antics normally seen in more conservative cultures:

1) Such cultures tend to be only a short stone's throw away from subsistence/agrarian living.  The difference between prosperity and starvation often hinged on how many horrible screaming offspring you could spawn into the world to do dreary, back breaking farm labor for you.  As such, being SUPER STRAIGHT and even TOXIC MACHISMO were considered boons.

2) It has been shown that the more male children a woman has, the greater the statistical odds of any subsequent male children being gay. (with each successive one producing increased chances of increased gayness.)

Which of course, means that the conditional setup for 1), produces LOTS OF GAY due to 2.  Now, the setup.

3) Due to the highly dangerous nature of manual farm labor, and the disease risks often found with that modality of life, kids tended to die.  They tended to die quite often.  This made inheritance in a patriarchal hierarchy.... "Complicated"... when the next heir is totally more into Billy than into Bonnie. 

This leads to at least 3 ways to deal with it:

1) Beat the living fuck out your gay kids, and tell them to be straight and marry a woman, and make babies so they can inherit the farm OR ELSE--

2) Outright fucking KILL your gay kids as soon as you discover that they are gay (which, through the simple desire to not be dead, results in gay kids following path 1, and being very unhealthy mentally), and bank on being able to bounce more crotch spawn out to inherit your massive ecosystem destroying herd of sheep/goats/cattle/other.

3) Challenge the normal inheritance model, so that a reproductively viable offspring is able to handle the continuance of the family lands and thus assure the future providence of your lineage. (not necessarily a male child even.)

Over time, option 3 gets exercised sufficiently often, especially as the impetus to have that patriarchal inheritance framework continue evaporates due to improvements in living conditions, and thus being gay becomes more socially acceptable/accepted.   Before then, though- and especially in cultures that still have strong connections to that agrarian near-subsistence modality of function, options 1 and 2 dominate-- and they are not very nice to gay men.

Religion plays a role, but it really essentially comes down to a collectively-agreed-upon "Way things SHOULD BE!", and thus, as both incentive and excuse to justify taking options 1 and 2.  The necessity of taking options 1 and 2 leads to the necessity to create a religion that demands it also, so that the people can feel "OK" with being that way to their own damn children.

There is of course, the inevitable evolution of a professional priest class, which then rides that wild bull with reckless abandon, and you end up with shit like the middle east.

The exception to the rule, is places like India, where historically there are "Third Gender" people, that are accepted. 

SOOOO

Basically, the actual, real reason why some parts of the world are so down on your sexuality is:

If you are allowed to be openly gay, then their gay kids will want to be openly gay, and that will lead to family lands and possessions that have been passed down since the bronze age being subsumed by some other group, through failure of the inheritance model.  (Also, their god, which they invented to provide societal support to enforcing this more, thinks gay is icky, and stuff.)

Basically, the family strong-man cant be gay.  Its not allowed-- and cannot be allowed.  As such, all gay must be not allowed.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 06:05:07 am by wierd »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158485 on: October 16, 2021, 06:14:45 am »

Can't we just forbid farming and be done with all those shenanigans.

Building a better world through starvation
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158486 on: October 16, 2021, 06:26:53 am »

Hey that's unfair! Goats are very ecological if properly managed!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158487 on: October 16, 2021, 06:28:57 am »

...bank on being able to bounce more crotch spawn out...

Such a wonderful and respectful way to talk about human beings. You must place a great value on human life, the lives of children, especially...
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158488 on: October 16, 2021, 06:33:11 am »

...bank on being able to bounce more crotch spawn out...

Such a wonderful and respectful way to talk about human beings. You must place a great value on human life, the lives of children, especially...
As a matter of fact, he literally does dude, with actual facts and doings behind to prove it, specially the life of childrens. One thing is being callous and having an acidic way of writing as humorous outlet here and another what we do in real life.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158489 on: October 16, 2021, 06:38:32 am »

I really dont like children. No.

I am an asexual male. I find children taxing, in every capacity. I often am made to suffer due to the existence of other people's children, in fact.  I have not had a thanksgiving with my sisters and brother in almost 5 years, because of the gatekeeping of my female co-workers, and the sacrosactity of thier crotch goblins. SOMEBODY has to fill the essential hole left when they simply decide "it cant be them" because "their children need them on the holiday!!", and it is ALWAYS me, the asexual guy with no kids, and therefore must just accept this divine edict or else. (Since my own family dont fucking matter.)

So, kindly, take that condescending shit and flush it. I get enough at work. Thanks.

That does not mean that i wish harm on children, or harm on people that have them. I simply view that being concientious about the situation is a 2-way street, and wont budge on that.  People that prioritize making babies for bullshit reasons, gets the acid treatment.  People that get the raw deal and need help, i am always open to though.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 06:41:33 am by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 10564 10565 [10566] 10567 10568 ... 10980