Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10566 10567 [10568] 10569 10570 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12995457 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #158505 on: October 16, 2021, 04:40:09 pm »

It feels like the demand for historical misrepresentations is rising too. I was just a kid but I feel like towards the end of the last century people like Robert Faurisson were extremly marginal. Nowadays really conservative parties all around the world give revisionism a platform.
let

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158506 on: October 16, 2021, 04:46:14 pm »

ironically, people who deny the holocaust wish it 'actually did' happen
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #158507 on: October 16, 2021, 04:51:03 pm »

It's a new tactic. By making these minority views part of 'the wider discussion', they falsely equivocate themselves as having equal merit or academic rigor.

News doesn't help by hosting little debates and having one person on each side discuss it. That paints an image of a 50-50 split, when it is really less than 1% of historians. Same with climate 'debate', anti-vax stuff, etc

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158508 on: October 16, 2021, 05:10:29 pm »

Fun fact. Crazy neighbour thinks the nazis were bad too, but of course aliens gave them super advanced tech... so...

And grim, look out for floral wars meaning and how other tribes actually helped Cortez against the aztecs. No everyone was fine with their hearts ripped open as they were not volunteers but prisoners captured for it.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #158509 on: October 16, 2021, 05:34:42 pm »

The law in question was essentially there to prevent teachers from praising BLM. If you listen to the audio recording, it is clear that this administrator does not think that a "balancing view" of the Holocaust is a good idea, and probably is using this in order to protest the law.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158510 on: October 16, 2021, 05:53:41 pm »

Why is so hard to teach hard facts on classrooms on this day and age? If not twisted by some idiotic political convenience then is softened or changed to not hurt someone feelings... yikes.

Anyway, my own wtf, both the car and the fridge decided to fuck with us the same day, as if they smell some money will be coming our way soon. Both are super expensive devices from a begone era that we are not able to fix right now*. Oh machine spirits, Omnissiah.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 05:58:20 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #158511 on: October 16, 2021, 05:58:03 pm »

What you're allowed to treat as an obvious fact... Including obvious facts... Is now a matter for vigorous debate with people

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #158512 on: October 16, 2021, 06:12:00 pm »

Fun fact. Crazy neighbour thinks the nazis were bad too, but of course aliens gave them super advanced tech... so...
So are the Nazis hiding out inside the hollow earth after fleeing to Antarctica?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158513 on: October 16, 2021, 06:16:53 pm »

Don't be silly, the hollow earth is the holiday resort of ALL aliens were hostilities are forbidden. Reptilians and the rest are allowed (don't ask by who) to fuck only with us knuckle dragging surface dwellers. The inner earth resort is of course tended by the offspring of nordic aliens and humans.

I mean, the nazis did hide in there with their UFOS but were quickly defeated or put out of their evil ways by the other aliens.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #158514 on: October 16, 2021, 06:25:44 pm »

News doesn't help by hosting little debates and having one person on each side discuss it. That paints an image of a 50-50 split, when it is really less than 1% of historians. Same with climate 'debate', anti-vax stuff, etc

This has been really disturbing to see develop in the last 10 or so years. It's basically giving them a free go at spreading hate speech and what not to a broader audience than they could've got on their own. Worst are "debates" where one speaker is part of a minority group and one's a fascist (though, of course they deny being fascist). It's like putting a school bully and their victim in front of the camera -- what could possibly go wrong?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158515 on: October 16, 2021, 06:42:45 pm »

nazis did hide in there with their UFOS but were quickly defeated or put out of their evil ways by the other aliens.

Does this mean the nazis were also aliens?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158516 on: October 16, 2021, 06:47:53 pm »

I'm honestly too afraid to ask and go to that rabbit hole.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #158517 on: October 16, 2021, 06:49:34 pm »

nazis did hide in there with their UFOS but were quickly defeated or put out of their evil ways by the other aliens.

Does this mean the nazis were also aliens?

And if they were, where did they originally come from?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158518 on: October 16, 2021, 07:33:50 pm »

Well, according to him humans are ALL aliens because our DNA is not similar to anything else on earth, this is keep secret of course, anyway, so I  guess nazis would be aliens too.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #158519 on: October 16, 2021, 07:56:03 pm »

It could be argued that the europeans in fact did ended a terror regime the aztecs had on a lot of other people on the region (to put down their own fucking regime of course) and introduced advanced technology, while also replacing a religion that outrigth demanded human hearts for another religion that at least not demanded human sacrifices (but was still used to condone the mass killings of A LOT of people, you know, like 99% of religions at some point).
I wish I could remember where I saw it, but some time earlier this year I read something where someone went and, like... checked... to the extent possible with available records, just how murderous the Aztecs/related regions actually were, and then compared them to similar metrics vis a vis europe at the time.

There's no prize for guessing which way the scales tilted :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 10566 10567 [10568] 10569 10570 ... 10973