Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10568 10569 [10570] 10571 10572 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998224 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #158535 on: October 20, 2021, 08:16:16 am »

A friend pointed out to me that Ben Shapiro is always wearing a kippah/yarmulke in photos.

I... I don't know how I never saw it before.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158536 on: October 20, 2021, 10:53:39 am »

Ben and his audience have a particular talent to notice black on black.
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158537 on: October 20, 2021, 03:10:27 pm »

Ben and his audience have a particular talent to notice black on black.

I snortled.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158538 on: October 22, 2021, 01:25:20 am »

During the shooting of the movie Rust, Alec Baldwin just shot and killed his camera director and shot and injured his director.
Halyna Hutchins, 42 year old camera director, died in hospital. Joel Souza is on the ICU fighting for his life.

Apparently the gun was a film prop, that was supposed to be loaded with blanks.
No one has been arrested. It is being investigated if someone loaded the gun with live ammo, or perhaps it had something stuck in the barrel which turned into lethal shrapnel.

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/local_news/sheriffs-office-alec-baldwin-discharged-prop-gun-that-killed-crew-member-wounded-director/article_9612afc6-32c5-11ec-9e2e-e3cc47b69ce5.html
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 01:37:12 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #158539 on: October 22, 2021, 02:54:20 am »

The only way to stop a Baldwin with a gun, is a Goodwin with a gun.

(What a horrible accident. I hope Souza pulls through)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158540 on: October 22, 2021, 04:56:43 am »

Y'know, you'd think that the industry would've gotten better about such things since 1993.

You'd think.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #158541 on: October 22, 2021, 06:18:41 am »

Y'know, you'd think that the industry would've gotten better about such things since 1993.

You'd think.
Surprised since Brandon Lee that the movie industry still doesn't clock that all guns are assumed loaded until otherwise, and blanks do not equal safe

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158542 on: October 22, 2021, 06:25:30 am »

There should be a requirement by law to check upon eachbfiregun individually before any scene.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #158543 on: October 22, 2021, 07:47:24 am »

There's a guy on every film production called the armorer, who has exactly that as his job.

Keep in mind that we don't know what actually happened yet - this could, for example, be a case of the prop undergoing unexpected rapid disassembly under the pressure of a blank round, for example.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158544 on: October 22, 2021, 08:16:33 am »

That is true, any bit in the cannon of the gun would turn the blanket into an actual potential bullet. I read somewhere it was live ammo but it migth have been sensationalism
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158545 on: October 22, 2021, 10:18:56 am »

I read somewhere it was live ammo but it migth have been sensationalism

That’s an easy thing to verify thankfully. Bullets have a pretty distinct shape even after they’ve mushroomed, so if they find any of those remnants at the scene, then we’ll know if there were any in the gun.

I see basically no reason to bring live bullets to a Hollywood set, so if they are there, then it’d be reasonable to expect foul play.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #158546 on: October 22, 2021, 11:55:22 am »

Agent 47 strikes again!
Seriously though, a really messed up situation
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #158547 on: October 22, 2021, 11:02:37 pm »

My facebook has an.email address attached to it that I haven't had access to since I left the US (gmail is a real dick when you log in from a weird IP, and your phone isn't international). I changed the email address connected to my facebook in case anything happened and I needed to recover it.

This was considered suspicious activity. So my account was locked. And can only be unlocked by, you guessed it, logging into the ancient gmail - which I can't.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158548 on: October 22, 2021, 11:56:37 pm »

The kind of brilliant security where the easiest solution is to share your most important accounts with someone on the other side of the world.  I think this is called a perverse incentive good system that works.

It's pretty absurd how much we rely on a single core account or two to secure almost *everything*.  I guess I get their paranoia but jeez.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #158549 on: October 23, 2021, 09:12:22 am »

Update on the DDoS: I'm not sure if it's a DDoS anymore.

Using the regular URL, the connection times out. Using the IP directly, I can access the site under HTTPS, provided I give a security exception as the certificate is only for the URL version. Proxies (well, archive.is), can access it just fine.

I've flushed the DNS cache, didn't change a thing.

I see no reason why my ISP would blacklist the URL.

The fuck is going on?

Interestingly, Website Planet gives me a different IP address than what Firefox and ping in the command-line gives.

Clearly, I'm not getting the right DNS response. Pinging from my router diagnostics works just fine--I get the right IP from the ISP. DoH is off...

Could it be a Hosts file issue?

EDIT: Nope, the Hosts file has not been edited.

EDIT2: Alright, I think I've fixed it. My guess is that the website at some point switched IPs, and my router didn't update the DNS cache or the routing tables. Rebooting the router seems to have fixed the issue, as I'm now getting the right IP and can visit the website.

In the end, all I had to do was turn it off and back on again.

* da_nang slams his head on his desk.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 09:31:28 am by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 10568 10569 [10570] 10571 10572 ... 10973