Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10569 10570 [10571] 10572 10573 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998482 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #158550 on: October 23, 2021, 01:40:40 pm »

I remember reading an article that said that in the film industry "live round" means anything with an explosive charge basically, including blanks. That might explain what LordBaal read about.

Also I read in an article that prop masters were complaining extensively and striking over working conditions including long hours and safety. There were already 2 accidental discharges. "This is extremely unsafe." is something that was in an email I believe. The production wanted to rush and disregarded these complaints. Halyna Hutchins, the cinematographer that was killed, supported the prop masters' strike. The prop master that handled the gun in question was a non-union worker just brought in during the strike.

Additionally before the discharge "cold gun" was yelled on set, meaning no charge, not even blanks. In the scene the actor was pulling the gun out of the holster, not intending to fire it.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 01:47:07 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158551 on: October 23, 2021, 01:43:15 pm »

https://twitter.com/ProfPatch83/status/1451280644043067398

Remember back when there would have been some sort of cover-up because people might care about you just doing this stuff out in the open?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158552 on: October 23, 2021, 02:33:56 pm »

Carcinogenic baby powder. As if grinding babies into a powder isn't bad enough in itself. It is terrifying.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158553 on: October 23, 2021, 02:46:27 pm »

Baby powder is just ground Talc (a type of rock), how the hell do you fuck it up so badly that you end up making it carcinogenic?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #158554 on: October 23, 2021, 02:58:12 pm »

soft and cuddly carcinogenics.

-baby soft-

but
butbutbutbut

Did you hear they can protect you from the new plague?  :o
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158555 on: October 23, 2021, 03:00:31 pm »

A quick lookup on Wikipedia says that talc is often found alongside asbestos rock. To quote Cave Johnson, presumably of Johnson&Johnson (the other Johnson also being Cave Johnson would in fact make sense in context): "If you feel a shortness of breath, a persistent dry cough, or your heart stopping, that's not part of the test, that's asbestos."
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158556 on: October 23, 2021, 04:05:02 pm »

I'm trying to de-clutter.  In preparation for taking to a recycler, I'm factory resetting two old iPhones I had in my desk drawer*.  My old 4S, which is the immediate predecessor to the SE (original) I'm still using, and my wife's old 5C that doesn't even have a functional screen (good thing you don't need a screen to do a factory reset!).

Not really a WTF in the traditional sense, but more like "why do I still have this stuff in my drawer."

Incidentally in the reset it automatically "upgraded" the 4S to iOS 9.3 and the 5C got 10.3.

It's somewhat astonishing that we're already, what, 11 generations beyond the 4S? (My wife and I got "matching" 4Ss right after we got married, fall of 2010.)

Spoiler: * (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158557 on: October 24, 2021, 12:58:28 am »

Why recycle them if you could sell them at a pawn shop and get a few bucks instead of the nothing you'll get from recycling them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158558 on: October 24, 2021, 01:20:32 am »

Do they even take smartphones at pawnshops?  I certainly don't see them at thrift stores.  Probably because it's too much trouble (and not-inconsiderable technical know-how) to factory-reset some archaic piece of technology which is practically worthless due to planned obsolescence.

This isn't even anti-Apple, this is all smartphones.  They keep forcing updates that "improve" the UI, non-consensually, and coincidentally they make older phones run slower.  And literally yesterday I've got my mom telling me that her phone is "wearing out" because it's slow to respond.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
Corollary:
"Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by profit motive."
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158559 on: October 24, 2021, 02:34:03 am »

That is why, at least for android, there is a moding scene and you can custom rom the shit of a lot of models, at least the main ones of each major brand.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158560 on: October 24, 2021, 02:42:08 am »

I've seen smartphones at pawnshops and thrift stores and they're usually really cheap.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158561 on: October 24, 2021, 03:24:50 am »

Very small WTF: I was making a pull request for CDDA (minor adjustment to fix an oversight regarding tilesets) and a line looked unusually offset in the editor so I added a few spaces to line it up with the rest of the indentation and apparently it was a graphical glitch on my end because it got edited to how it was before (the change itself wasn't rejected, woo).
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #158562 on: October 25, 2021, 07:54:45 am »

The amazon page is hilarious because it looks like the image of the book spine is stretched...but that's just what it is.

dummy thicc
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #158563 on: October 25, 2021, 08:25:48 am »

The amazon page is hilarious because it looks like the image of the book spine is stretched...but that's just what it is.

dummy thicc
Euuughrrr Brahma, I'm trying to achieve Moksha but my atman is too dummy thicc and keeps getting caught in samsara

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158564 on: October 25, 2021, 02:19:55 pm »

WTF with payoneer?! I need to have some really simple questions answered and they simply do not reply. My payment this month depend on this.

They state they are not "verifying bank accounts from Venezuela" currently, but then stated that I could send any kind of bank document of other country to certify the bank account, which one? They wrote it in such way is impossible to tell. I immediately replayed "Does have to be under my name? Do I actually need to verify the bank account to use the account or I can use it without that?" Response over a week now, only silence.

Wrote several emails and post on the ticket, no response.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 02:33:59 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 10569 10570 [10571] 10572 10573 ... 10974