Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10593 10594 [10595] 10596 10597 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13140108 times)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #158910 on: December 04, 2021, 12:48:22 pm »

I broke a plastic pipe when trying to unclog the bathroom sink, apparently you were supposed to screw that part off in two places, not just one and then pull. I've also broken the glass cover of a framed poster and a candle holder this week, so it's a great one...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #158911 on: December 04, 2021, 12:51:15 pm »

Home ImprovementGet the joke, show your age

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158912 on: December 04, 2021, 07:15:00 pm »

The pope has a Twitter account, which gets used for making pronouncements about how people should act based according to the bible.

People lost their minds when he said that poor immigrants should be treated well by wealthy nations. The majority of Christians can't accept the idea of treating anyone else with humanity, especially poors and non-whites.

Edit: Link

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158913 on: December 04, 2021, 07:40:31 pm »

Well, the most recent Pope has been maligned from the very beginning of his Popedom. US Americans couldn't stand a Pope from South America.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #158914 on: December 04, 2021, 08:22:46 pm »

Eh... pope is still a pope. Better in some ways than some previous ones, but it's not like that's exactly a high bar to pass. Regardless of his place of origin, fellow still has some sketchy past stuff and fairly abhorrent beliefs and acts as pope, 'cause, y'know... pope. Major religion figure in general, really...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158915 on: December 04, 2021, 11:33:37 pm »

Eh... pope is still a pope. Better in some ways than some previous ones, but it's not like that's exactly a high bar to pass. Regardless of his place of origin, fellow still has some sketchy past stuff and fairly abhorrent beliefs and acts as pope, 'cause, y'know... pope. Major religion figure in general, really...

Yeah, but right now he's being actually pretty decent. Doing the whole "treat others as you'd want to be treated" thing.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158916 on: December 05, 2021, 12:56:21 am »

...and thus all Good Catholics despise him.  :P

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158917 on: December 05, 2021, 08:36:42 am »

He also has associated with and welcomed with open arms several south american tyrants, genocides and notoriously corrupt "leaders" or their representarives. While,  ok, he is the pope, and let no siner be turned off and all, people dislike the apparent joy compared to others and the frecuency. There is talking of money laundering on the Vaticane, which honestly would not be nothing new.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #158918 on: December 05, 2021, 08:54:34 am »

The pope has a Twitter account, which gets used for making pronouncements about how people should act based according to the bible.

People lost their minds when he said that poor immigrants should be treated well by wealthy nations. The majority of Christians can't accept the idea of treating anyone else with humanity, especially poors and non-whites.

Edit: Link
*a vocal minority of Christians. Imagine using Twitter to gauge public opinion.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 08:58:57 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158919 on: December 05, 2021, 11:00:47 am »

Exactly. Not all Christians, in fact most of them would not be like that. I know firsthand of cases of Venezuelans, very poor people and even illegal immigrants, being help A LOT by local churches on US, Canada, Europe and even here on Chile, Argentina, Peru, Ecuador and Colombia.

What I mean not every left person is Stalin or Mao, not every right person is Trump or Cheney, not every muslin is Bin Laden, not every cop is power abusing, fuck... and this is hard for me to write, but not all the chavists are bad people.... there, I wrote it! Hope you are happy....

In fact the majority of people on those groups certainly are decent persons. It's the worst, most vocal and fanatic portion the one get more press because the news business is a whore show now that lost all perspective and focus.

In this day an age you see people demonizing each other for lots of things, and the large groups of people falling for that like blind sheep. It's truly saddening.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158920 on: December 05, 2021, 06:13:17 pm »

In this day an age you see people demonizing each other for lots of things, and the large groups of people falling for that like blind sheep. It's truly saddening.
Yeah this means a lot, and I agree.  It's so easy to point at a bit of some holy book and dismiss millions of people as hateful, only to constantly meet believers who... interpret things in a much kinder way.  I guess that applies to political parties and ideologies and all sorts of "teams" or "tribes" we organize ourselves by.

Real people have a frustrating but heartwarming amount of nuance.  And people who use their "team" as an excuse to be hateful are just using an excuse.  (And even they are often lashing out for some reason.  No *good* reason, but mental health is health.)

On the flip side: I still think "charity" done to convert people is no better than "foreign aid" done to manipulate politics.  Yes people are helped, and often the people on the ground are very idealistic and worked to the bone, but the ends can be very pragmatic.  People ought to be helped because they are people, not to change their minds.  But that's not the world we live in.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #158921 on: December 05, 2021, 11:44:37 pm »

As a rule, humans of nearly any group that isn't based around hate and bigotry (e.g Nazis) are for the most part fine people. It's just the bad apples that spoil the bunch.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 05:12:14 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158922 on: December 06, 2021, 12:00:21 am »

The main software provider of our National Police, and also of our armed forces, has been hacked.
Sensitive communications with the government have been put online after they refused to pay ransom to ransomware group LockBit.

WTF, you'd think that if there'd be any place they'd at least put some effort into cyber security, it would be the police and army, but no.

Amongst the leaked data are invoices of more than a million euro from the police, names and adresses of senior officers, copies of passports, various contracts and agreements with foreign intelligence agencies, and details of equipment installed at police services.

The hacked company, Abiom, also supplies the software for our ministry of Justice and Security, our hospitals, our tax service, the navy, and our regional security teams.

We might be forced to destroy the internet to re-classify the sensitive info. If you live near a data centre, perhaps you should move at least 20km away from it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 12:12:30 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #158923 on: December 06, 2021, 02:27:57 am »

Quick! Get the cyber police!!111!11

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158924 on: December 06, 2021, 11:52:12 am »

Amongst the leaked data are invoices of more than a million euro from the police, names and adresses of senior officers, copies of passports, various contracts and agreements with foreign intelligence agencies, and details of equipment installed at police services.

In the US, we just file a Freedom of Information Law (FoIL) request, and everyone can know that.  Sounds like a scam, honestly.

QUICK, play this game!
Refund the Police!

*After you buy it, obviously you'ze gotta support capitalism too
Pages: 1 ... 10593 10594 [10595] 10596 10597 ... 10980