Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10594 10595 [10596] 10597 10598 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997887 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #158925 on: December 06, 2021, 11:58:30 am »

In the US, we just file a Freedom of Information Law (FoIL) request, and everyone can know that.  Sounds like a scam, honestly.
We have a similar law, but it excludes matters of national security and state secrets.
I think the CIA will not work as closely with our intelligence agencies now for the coming years. Don't think they're happy about their super secret deals with dutch intelligence are out in the open.

EDIT: Then again, I suppose it's nice for the Mexican families that they now know that their children aren't missing anymore, but instead are leading an honest life of hard forced labour in the dutch tulip greenhouses.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 12:46:28 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #158926 on: December 06, 2021, 05:01:23 pm »

there was VERY DEFINITELY a little mushroom growing out of the bottom of my foliage plant, like right in the water drainage hole at the bottom of the plant pot

'bonjour' it said as i poked it and it broke and fell to the floor

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #158927 on: December 06, 2021, 05:43:15 pm »

Sheeeeit, you just murdered the world's only talking mushroom, first of its kind, herald of an entire new species of fungal sophont. You've committed genuine xenocide, you monster.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #158928 on: December 06, 2021, 05:54:37 pm »

Or saved us, praise the Emperor

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #158929 on: December 06, 2021, 06:03:42 pm »

We were so close to entering the mario world and you ruined it for us all. Now how do you feel?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158930 on: December 06, 2021, 06:10:52 pm »

Let no xenos live.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #158931 on: December 06, 2021, 06:27:13 pm »

If its talking you may well have committed the galaxy's very first atrocity!!   :o
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158932 on: December 06, 2021, 06:58:32 pm »

We were so close to entering the mario world and you ruined it for us all. Now how do you feel?

"yahoo!"
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158933 on: December 06, 2021, 06:59:23 pm »

Now moving to Springfiled, in the state of REDACTED.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #158934 on: December 06, 2021, 08:01:47 pm »

i could still probably go eat it if i fish it out of the garbage

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158935 on: December 07, 2021, 03:20:17 am »

You must truly be a monster as not only have you killed it you then throw it's dying body in the trash.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158936 on: December 07, 2021, 05:24:38 am »

So, due to a variety of factors, electricity prices have been remarkably high in Norway as of late. This has lead to a lot of people being right and proper disgruntled, and has even impacted some of the poorer households where taking a shower at the wrong time can cost you up to $3.

In response, a random Facebook activism page has popped up encouraging as many people as possible to turn their power off for about 15 minutes this coming Sunday. Y'know, in order to send a message to... The lightning people, I guess.

Now, that's all fairly standard... The WTF comes from a post someone made in this group, where he was quite vocal about how he supported the cause (lowering electricity prices), but was outright shocked and appalled by the means being suggested, and was mortified by the number of people who were clearly recommending domestic terrorism.

His reasoning? If several households all shut their power off at approximately the same time, this would mean that the power network would naturally be massively overproducing compared to demand. This would then strain the infrastructure, and possibly cause things to explode and people would die.

And he resolutely maintained that position, because nobody was providing any verifiable studies that showed it was possible to safely turn off that much power demand.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #158937 on: December 07, 2021, 05:47:36 am »

He clearly works for big power

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #158939 on: December 07, 2021, 08:43:12 am »

I have two power related wtfs

1. Most of Swedish power is produced in the Northlands with their abundance of water power. A lot of the southern power generation was from nuclear plants, which have been mostly shut down. With the recent season of steep electric prices, this has had the effect of much higher cost in the Swedish south (which, for reference, contains all three of the "big cities" of the country), which admittedly sucks for me personally as a Geat. Lately, because of said steep electric price, there's been a huge attempt in media to push how "unfair" this is to the poor southern end to have to pay more for electric bills, with the unspoken conclusion that obviously the north should not have any lower price than the south and that the government should do something about that, because... "fairness", I guess. Nevermind that A, the north is where the power is produced and it has cheaper movement costs; B, the north has bigger need for power for basic living needs, as it often straddles temperatures between -20-40 degrees C in winter while the south commonly lies in the 0-10s degree reach, maybe going down to -20 on the coldest time of the year; C, the low price is the only benefit the north gets from this industry -- the gains go to Stockholm, and the taxes go to the state instead of the commune and the state -- whose guess -- highly favours the big cities with it's investment of taxes; D, that the north is generally poorer and have lower wages than the south; and E -- I honestly felt i hade more points to make but I seem to have misplaced them while writing I don't know.

And all this makes me so fucking angry at the spoiled little city shitheads and their media that's driving this position and their myopic, head up their arse view of the world. Their bourgeois view of "unfairness" literally only extends as far as they can benefit themselves from it. And if course, because the media is 100% city based and run 100% by city people their attempt to create "public oponiom" on this will go complete unchallenged. This is literally the stupid "two wolves and a sheep and a dinner decision" example. Except, of course, the wolves in question also recently, on their own iniative, dismantled their own "lab grown meat" production plant and are now getting jealous and self-righteously upset over the unfairness of sheep being able to eat grass.

Oh, and the other wtf. You see, one other reason our prices are suddenly getting so high is that our dear state has been busy connecting our power grid to other countries down on the continent, most recently the UK, so we can sell our power to them, and of course, because the EU pressures us to do so. And lo and behold my surprise when yesterday, during their now near daily "it's so unfair that we city folks have higher prices even though we are richer and have lower needs and have to have the power delivered to us and really shouldn't it actually be the smelly, backwards, funny talking northlanders who should be paying us for the privilege of supplying us with electricity" segment on SvT's prime news show, they showed that now our southern price is actually higher than that of for example the UK and Germany who we are streaming our power to. And not a single word of whether or not it is reasonable that other countries get a better deal from our energy than we do while we get treated like a supply to be exhausted for their benefit. No, of course it's all about the unfairness of the Northland's cheap prices, because I guess it's apparently unthinkable to show any kind of criticism of the EU or our actions in relation to them in any way.

And also, it's fucking cold you guys.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 10594 10595 [10596] 10597 10598 ... 10973