Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10661 10662 [10663] 10664 10665 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998346 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #159930 on: May 26, 2022, 09:43:24 pm »

And in the mean time ruin things for everyone else.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #159931 on: May 26, 2022, 10:14:02 pm »

I mean, the kid's book taught me if you cover them in bees the problem will rapidly be solved and they'll stop being shits.

Real life has taught me anaphylactic shock is also a very rapid way to solve problematic behavior, so... bees. Bees for everyone. No hugs. Only bees.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159932 on: May 27, 2022, 12:35:02 am »

So bees really were the hero we never know we needed.

Also why are they making a Winnie the Pooh horror movie?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 12:37:39 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #159933 on: May 27, 2022, 03:58:07 am »

Because they can.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #159934 on: May 27, 2022, 04:12:32 am »

I mean, the kid's book taught me if you cover them in bees the problem will rapidly be solved and they'll stop being shits.

Real life has taught me anaphylactic shock is also a very rapid way to solve problematic behavior, so... bees. Bees for everyone. No hugs. Only bees.

Wasps are more efficient and also reusable
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159935 on: May 27, 2022, 05:46:50 am »

So bees really were the hero we never know we needed.

Ah a bio pic of Xi?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #159936 on: May 28, 2022, 01:07:56 am »

So… context required.

In 1998, the Good Friday Agreement was signed in an effort to bring to an end the Troubles - 30 years of political/religious conflict - in Northern Ireland. Among the bits and pieces of a complex agreement was that people born in Northern Ireland (perhaps only the Northern Irish, not wholly clear on it personally) could consider themselves Irish, British, or both. This extends to sports, and international competition.

The Commonwealth Games are similar to the Olympics, in that it has similar events and happens every four years, but is open only to members of the Commonwealth of Nations. One quirk of this is that the nations making up the United Kingdom - England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland - compete separately. Ireland is not a member of the Commonwealth, hasn’t been since 1949.

Even if someone from Northern Ireland competes for Ireland in other competitions (world or European championships, the Olympics) they have been able to represent Northern Ireland in the Commonwealth Games, because NI competes as part of the British team in other competitions.

The International Gymnastics Federation (FIG) has taken it upon themselves to ignore a landmark agreement and a quarter century of precedent to say that NI gymnasts that have represented Ireland cannot represent NI at the Commonwealth games. Their solution is that the affected athletes either change the nationality on their FIG registration, or the games themselves remove the gymnastics  as an FIG registered competition. Because apparently they know better how to handle sensitive topics like national identity that cause people to kill each other for decades.

TL;DR the Northern Irish are allowed to consider themselves Irish after 30 years of killing, but not according to world gymnastics bureaucrats.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #159937 on: May 28, 2022, 07:45:36 am »

I'd just ignore the International Gymnastics Federation, to whatever degree is possible.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #159938 on: May 28, 2022, 07:59:45 am »

This is why Jesus hates figs
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159939 on: May 28, 2022, 08:33:47 am »

I only recognize the fig newton as legitimate

are fig figs good?  what do if not roll in cinnamon sugar and bread?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159940 on: May 28, 2022, 08:48:24 am »

Taste is okay, not a fan of the texture though.  Oh wait no I'm confusing them with dates... I dont think i ever had a fig.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 08:50:06 am by dragdeler »
let

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159941 on: May 28, 2022, 10:32:30 am »

There was a fire alarm today. Apparently, someone caused a cooking accident. Nobody was hurt, the culprit was not even present, which is presumably why it happened.

The WTF is, I was the only one who followed proper procedure and actually evacuated upon hearing the alarm.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159942 on: May 29, 2022, 06:37:19 pm »

I dont think i ever had a fig.

They are pretty ood. Maybe except their seeds, which gives them a crunchy feeling. 7/10 overral.

Meanwhile I will probably be scraping figs from the pavement come September.

And yet they are very nasty when they are squished on the ground. They are sticky, cover their surroundings in a sickly sweet odor and attract wasps.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159943 on: May 29, 2022, 07:17:43 pm »

I'd just ignore the International Gymnastics Federation, to whatever degree is possible.

I wonder if this is Russian shenanigans again. They like to cause problems and instability wherever they can. They were involved in the Catalonian independence events, where some of the people at the forefront met with Russian officials. Also in Scottish independence if I recall correctly. There seems to be a trend that this seems to align with.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159944 on: May 29, 2022, 07:33:31 pm »

Yup. Fuck Russia. Hope that pig Putin gets spit-roasted over a fire.

Nothing new there. Supposedly, they also distributed anti-vax propoganda.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 10661 10662 [10663] 10664 10665 ... 10974