Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10677 10678 [10679] 10680 10681 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13188307 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #160170 on: June 20, 2022, 10:57:27 am »

I have been informed that men, on average, are quite terrifying.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #160171 on: June 20, 2022, 11:32:42 am »

There's an alternate theory that what think of as "aliens" are what more ancient peoples referred to as "angels and demons."  They share very similar attributes.
In the early 1900s, famed occultist Aleister Crowley claimed to have made contact with an 'intelligence' which he called LAM, having opened a 'magik portal' to the spiritual realm. Obviously, this was way before the idea of the little grey alien came into popular consciousness. IS OCCULTISM AN ALIEN CONSPIRACY?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #160172 on: June 20, 2022, 12:38:30 pm »

Check out the temples on him ^^

Well, if they are real they're probably made of carbon.  Or maybe theyll blow my mind and be made of silicate.

The fact that they have had contact with us without subjugating or eradicating us means they know how to interact peacefully.  So they arent all that different from us, mind powers and chariots of fire heads or not.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #160173 on: June 20, 2022, 01:02:54 pm »

The fact that they have had contact with us without subjugating or eradicating us means they know how to interact peacefully.
Well, either that or they're just real good at one or the other and we just haven't noticed that they've already managed it. The former is often proposed by conspiracy nuts... the latter I haven't seen as much, but the proposition that the current course we're on in regards to global warming (i.e. severe reduction in population and/or capability, or outright extinction) is being influenced by hostile aliens fits right into that.

Hell, it wouldn't even take much effort, just time. Few technological nudges to encourage us towards self-destructive technology, little bit of push here and there to keep the social landscape tore up enough to prevent sufficient mitigation efforts... if you're looking for low personnel investment global xenocide, it could look a lot like our current situation.

It's almost a shame we don't actually have hostile extraterrestrials to blame for us own-goaling our species, heh. There'd at least be some respect to be given there for a well performed engineered extinction event.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160174 on: June 20, 2022, 02:00:55 pm »

There was some early 2000's alien invasion movie about that, where lizard aliens were inciting global warming as a way for us to terraform for them.  I don't remember much except that one of the aliens was disguised as a human and used a pocket singularity grenade to escape the main character at one point.

In fact I got it initially confused with the V (for Victory) mini-series, which I thought was made in the early 2000's but apparently was made in the early 1980's!  It must have been 2 decades old when I saw it, and I thought it was new.

I am good at watching film

But yeah I'm surprised we don't see more stories where global warming is a plot by xenos.  It gets passed around conspiracy circles sometimes but such people tend to resist the idea of global warming, or the globe, in the first place.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160175 on: June 20, 2022, 02:17:37 pm »

The aliens from John Carpenter's They Live also try to terraform the earth via global warming, but that's a side hustle relative to their main goal exploiting the planet for PROFIT!

It's a strange movie, do not recommend.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #160176 on: June 20, 2022, 02:20:21 pm »

But it has Rowdy Roddy Piper and Keith David saving the world.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160177 on: June 20, 2022, 02:21:00 pm »

I just find the film to be a bit basic.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160178 on: June 20, 2022, 02:21:49 pm »

do not recommend.
Are you insane? Do recommend. Do.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160179 on: June 20, 2022, 02:22:02 pm »

… because it has Rowdy Roddy Piperand Keith David saving the world. :p

It is not a good film.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #160180 on: June 20, 2022, 02:34:27 pm »

I was looking for a reason to shoehorn in Battlefield Earth into the convo, and what do you know, that too is a weird alien movie
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #160181 on: June 20, 2022, 02:52:06 pm »

There is always a reason to post a dutch angle of Travolta in a knock-off Klingon costume!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, either that or they're just real good at one or the other and we just haven't noticed that they've already managed it. The former is often proposed by conspiracy nuts... the latter I haven't seen as much, but the proposition that the current course we're on in regards to global warming (i.e. severe reduction in population and/or capability, or outright extinction) is being influenced by hostile aliens fits right into that.

One common clade of conspiracy theory that I've encounter posits that aliens have converted the Earth into a sort of 'farm of suffering' where pain, trauma, and other assorted negative energy is purposely cultivated as food ['loosh'] and consumed by higher dimension beings beyond our meatbag comprehension (reptilians, greys, demons, archons, etc). Thus global warming and all the terrors that come with it are all part of the program. In short, everything bad is because of the cabal, their loosh agenda, and their draco reptilian buddies who have replaced the moon with a reincarnation device to prolong human suffering forever!!!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 03:00:58 pm by TamerVirus »
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #160182 on: June 20, 2022, 04:36:09 pm »

i think they might have a screw loosh if you catch my drift

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160183 on: June 20, 2022, 08:05:42 pm »

I always wonder what would happen if the people who come up with this shit actually put their imagination to solving world hunger or something, instead of weird shit we can’t do anything about.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160184 on: June 20, 2022, 08:08:42 pm »

You'd get a weird, contradictory mess of a plan that falls apart when confronted with basic reality. Most conspiracy theories aren't really coherent.
Pages: 1 ... 10677 10678 [10679] 10680 10681 ... 10983